It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is it so hard to embed youtube videos...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have just tried embedding this video and not managing, some times i can do it and other times not. I often take the code and add the text version=3 to the end and it works.
This is the video I want to embed www.youtube.com...
can someone plz supply the code..

Does anyone know why embedding on ATS is so messy....

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Here you go...

To embed, all you have to do is, copy & paste the code, after the "=" sign, of the URL.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

It's really not hard. Look for the v= and then it's the 'code' after that. Highlighted it for you.

link   

Well, the brass need to update the wording when u tap the "vid youtube" button. It says to enter the video NUMBER. Not CODE. I know its not a big deal, but the wording is not right. Adds to the confusion.

The second poster on this thread helped me post my first vid. Thanks!!
edit on 25-9-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by purplemer

It's because you are trying to embed a video that is not a direct link to the original version. Look at the url...

http:// www .youtube.com/watch?v =gmVizGvY7ZI&feature=player_ embedded (spaces added to show link)

And now look at the url to the original link:

http:// www .youtube .com/watch?v= gmVizGvY7ZI (spaces added to show link)

Do you see the difference? With the second link (the original) you can now insert into a post using the [yvid] sequence following the = sign.

link   

edit on 25-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: dbl post

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
thank you peeps//
:-)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
One more try

Works! Thanks to the OP, and all that finally helped me understand. Even though there have been 2003 threads on this

edit on 25-9-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

I wish I coulda seen what you posted, neon.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

soz to see your remark removed. I thought it was funny. I know it was meant tongue and cheek..

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I've been using Firefox, in Linux, on ATS for as long as I can remember. For some reason the code always adds a backslash to the very end of the you-tube link.

If I'm creating a post, and simply click the vid:youtube button above the input area, and paste the code for the video (ZyhrvafE-D4), I get this..

Now, if you hover your mouse over the broken you-tube link at the bottom of the blank video area, you'll see an extra backslash, which breaks the video.

My solution is to do the above, then edit my post to add &player_embedded at the end, within the [/ yvid] bracket.

This still adds the backslash, as you can see (if you hover your mouse over the hard link in the bottom video), but it doesn't break, and the video actually shows.

I don't think I've ever logged into ATS in Windows or IE, but I'm guessing the added glitch is specific to my OS/Browser.
Maybe someday Bill can look into it.

Until then, &player_embedded is my friend.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Ok, that's weird! when I "preview" my post, it's still broken as I described above, and the first video is totally blank, but in the post itself, once it's submitted, it works, where it didn't before... Now I look crazy!
YAY!

*cough* fix the preview Bill *cough*

In there it still shows:

h t t p ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrvafE-D4

but with an extra backslash at the end....

I swear I'm not nuts people lol... wait, let me re-phrase that....

edit on 26-9-2011 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

It's because you are trying to embed a video that is not a direct link to the original version. Look at the url...

http:// www .youtube.com/watch?v =gmVizGvY7ZI&feature=player_ embedded (spaces added to show link)

And now look at the url to the original link:

http:// www .youtube .com/watch?v= gmVizGvY7ZI (spaces added to show link)

Do you see the difference? With the second link (the original) you can now insert into a post using the [yvid] sequence following the = sign.

Actully I accidentally posted the whole end of th eline in once in error, and it still worked.

So I put the whole gmVizGvY7ZI&feature=player_ embedded after the url= but it still worked. So noew I am lazy and just grab the whole end of the line, it's easier! Is that bad? lol

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

width="640" height="360"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/gmVizGvY7ZI?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
Originally posted by LadySkadi

So noew I am lazy and just grab the whole end of the line, it's easier! Is that bad? lol

If it works, how is that bad?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

My first posted video lol, thanks all

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

wow u got off topic too....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

edit on 26-9-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It had been a while since I tried embedding,
it worked as you said. Seems I remember
I had to do something else at one time.
Thanks!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join