It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daylight Disc UFO photograph from UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
An amazing photo of a disc shaped craft was the subject of a regional BBC programme.

The object was photographed over New Brighton, Merseyside around 2004

below is a video that contains the photograph and additional information about the UFO.

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

The object in the video is most likely the Avro Car. It looks just like it and moves like it as well. I believe it was built in Area 51 but I'm not 100% sure but I do know it exists.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Nice find!

My first thought was some kind of bird, but now I don't think so.

Starred and Flagged

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Some kind of bird?!! What are the birds like where you live mate?
edit on 25-9-2011 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 4evso

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just wondering how likely it is that a piece of technology like that made in Area 51 would be flying over Merseyside

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Here's a video with the Merseyside Anomalies Research Association (MARA) commenting on local reports and includes the one you linked.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Excellent find thank you S+F

I am surprised have not seen this before.

Even though this is not in the predictions and prophecy forum I will make an prediction here

As one of the best Photos ever of the UFO issue, being in daylight, fairly clear

The usual "Lanterns & Flares" or "science" proves this is impossible crowd

will not post much on this thread :-)

Thank you again.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 4evso

Avro Car, Area 51? Erm, The Avrocar was certainly built and flown, well sort of. But, Avro was a UK plane builder from the 20's to 50's and the Avrocar, was built in Canada late 60's (I think), where tethered flights showed how unstable it was and was abandoned.

Both Canada and area 51 are a long way from Merseyside.

I really can not see any similarities to the photos, maybe you can explain your thinking.

What I did seem to see, in one of the photos were what appears to be a light on one side, towards the end, looking more closely, there seems to be another light on the far side, and maybe a bit of a narrowing of the bodywork, is this some sort of tail or pointed nose?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

That is a good video and it is pretty clear. Good find.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz

That is a good video and it is pretty clear. Good find.

Is it possible to light blast a video still ? and more crucially from the original photograph?

Does light blasting really work? or is it a ufological myth to enhance the evidence?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Can someone post the pic in question? I cant view the video at this moment.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by deprogrammer
Is it possible to light blast a video still ? and more crucially from the original photograph?

Does light blasting really work? or is it a ufological myth to enhance the evidence?
Maybe, but knowing what "light blasting" means would help.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

That was what I was thinking about.

This is supposed to be about a daylight photo of a disc UFO, but we can only see a small video...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Still image video grab

reply to post by amongus

Gotcha covered. I'm goofing around with Photoshop now to what else can learned from the pic.

My first thought is that there's no way to reference anything from this photo... no background, no foreground, nothing to compare the UFO to.

edit on 25-9-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

'Light Blasting' as far as I know. is a technique to enhance photographic detail.

There are some brillIiant people on ATS that will detail this procedure.

I`m sure they will supply an explanation or conclusion to this UFO photograph by analysis.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

There's not much that can be done to really enhance an image, but it can be done with video frame, after all it's just an image like any other, although it usually has less quality than a digital photo.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for posting the video, was an interesting watch.

I had heard of this incident in the past but never saw any kind of evidence.

It actually kind of reminds me of the Gosford UFO incident in Australia in 1994

UFO's and the attraction of submersing themselves in water is still such a mystery, man made or not.

edit on 25-9-2011 by Mark_Frost because: added YT Video

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dowot
reply to post by 4evso

Avro Car, Area 51? Erm, The Avrocar was certainly built and flown, well sort of. But, Avro was a UK plane builder from the 20's to 50's and the Avrocar, was built in Canada late 60's (I think), where tethered flights showed how unstable it was and was abandoned.

Both Canada and area 51 are a long way from Merseyside.

I really can not see any similarities to the photos, maybe you can explain your thinking.

What I did seem to see, in one of the photos were what appears to be a light on one side, towards the end, looking more closely, there seems to be another light on the far side, and maybe a bit of a narrowing of the bodywork, is this some sort of tail or pointed nose?

The Avro Aircar was built in Canada with a grant of money from the U.S. Dept. of Defense. The Avro Aircar was originally designed to be a High Altitude, Super Sonic flying disc. Avro could not make or have made...the proper engines for that craft so a much scaled down version that was akin to a SELF POWERED AIR HOCKY PUCK....was created and thus we had...the Avro Aircar.

This craft could only fly a few feet above the ground and on it's maiden flight...the craft flew over some grass and snow where debris from the grass and snow was sucked into the engine and did much damage to it. The crafts original concept was abandoned as being TOO AMBITIOUS...and the second design was cancelled...which the U.S. Army was interested in as a sort of HOVER JEEP....after the Avro Aircar proved to be too fragile.

The only real advanced jet Avro designed and created was the AVRO ARROW....a highly efficient and advanced jet aircraft that stunned American Aerospace companies that a small company such as Avro could create such an advanced craft.

This craft was never put into production as the canadian leadership decieded that missle systems made the jet obsolete. This decision was a mistake. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

'Light Blasting' as far as I know. is a technique to enhance photographic detail.

There are some brillIiant people on ATS that will detail this procedure.

I`m sure they will supply an explanation or conclusion to this UFO photograph by analysis.

Hi, brilliant ATS person here

Light Blasting
(′līt ′blast·iŋ) (engineering) Loosening of shallow or small outcrops of rock and breaking boulders by explosives.

I don't think explosives will be helpful in this case.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Neat stuff

top topics

<<   2 >>

join