It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange events in Illinois, ELF/VLF, and a theory/concept

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by Quantum Logic

Here is something about solar flares and seismic noise in the range of 10-20 Hz.

The work continues the study of interrelations between strong flare-induced magnetic storms and variations of seismicity. Using data on the time dependences of the parameters of seismic noise (average level and root mean squared (RMS)), recorded by stations of the KNET seismic network during monitoring of the territory of Bishkek geodynamic site (North Tien Shan). The presented results indicate the high sensitivity of the seismic noise in the frequency range of 10–20 Hz to external and, in particular, electromagnetic effects in comparison to the seismic activity. We noted the manifestations of the effects of magnetic storms that occurred after strong and super-strong solar flares in 2000–2006. These were short-term increases in the RMS of seismic noise, preceding changes in the accumulation rate of the number of events. The obtained results agree with conclusions about the interrelation between seismicity and magnetic storms. A model is suggested to describe one of the possible mechanisms by which the electromagnetic pulses and the currents induced by them in a medium devoid of piezoelectric properties influence the seismic process.

www.springerlink.com...

That is extremely valuable information. I don't know how it all fits together yet, but we'll all figure it out if we just keep putting the pieces together.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Here is a paper I found on ELF/VLF chorus. I believe it is pertinent to this discussion. Comments are welcome and appreciated.

ELF/VLF chorus

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I actually don't live very far from there....it's about a 1/2 hour- 45 min drive from me. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly scientifically inept, but if I were perhaps given instructions on what I should be looking/listening for I could try.

It's strange because I have lived in this city almost my whole life and just this year (actually it was just this past June) I stumbled on the place by mistake. Immediately afterward my boyfriend and I became somewhat obsessed with finding out more about it. For example, we've often thought of talking to the owner of the land and finding out if there's any kind of UFO or paranormal phenomena that's gone on in the area. Sites similar to Vidette, or the "Center of the Universe", seem to have lots of strange things that happen around them.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ignoranceisnotbliss2011

I am not proficient enough to do this, but if you know someone who has a HAM radio and is familiar with antenna design and construction, here is a link to build an ELF/VLF antenna/receiver. It's at the bottom of the page with a block diagram with specs.

If anyone is proficient in HAM radio, would you be interested in attempting to construct this setup?

www-star.stanford.edu..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Ultra Low Power ELF/VLF Receiver

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Well first, nice job digging up the webicorder. Unfortunately, it really doesn't show anything during the time period you mentioned. I have boxed in this time period, and further marked with arrows between 2:50 and 3:20 pm, so people can see it clearly.

Click on pic for full size.

Given that webicorder's current sensitivity setting at 500 mv, all I see is background noise during that period, or for some maybe microseisims.

So in my opinion that webicorder graph is not doing much of anything to support what your wife heard. But at that distance to station, 60 miles, I am not surprised. One of the characteristics of this strange noise being heard everywhere is that it seems to be very localized. People don't really hear it as close as a few miles away, let alone 60 miles away.

Seismos may be a place to look for backup, but my feeling is you're going to need to find one even closer. I could possibly help with this, but I would need to know your location much more precisely. If you trust me, u2u it to me. If you don't, don't.

As to the rest of this tying in with global magnetics, I am not opening that can of worms- too deep, too far, and not enough evidence yet for it having direct ties to quakes. I know there is a lot of study on it being done, but scientists are being very cautious about characterizing some vague patterns they are seeing. And rightly so.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I sent a U2U.

Would you happen to know what was picked up between 12:30pm and 1:30pm CDT on the same graph? There are some details I have kept to myself for the moment that have to do with this time period.

As to your comment about the relationship to earthquakes- that is EXACTLY why I am doing this. There is no reason with the vast level of knowledge here that we cannot investigate the data and develop our own theory that will withstand the rigors of the peer review process. I am not waiting for someone else to do it, so I am attempting to do it myself using the expertise of others and the data they bring to the table.

Thank you very much for your input- much appreciated

edit on 25-9-2011 by Quantum Logic because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2011 by Quantum Logic because: spelling error

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ummmm here's today's.....looks familiar huh?
Do you know what it means?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I have acquired a copy of the full paper you referenced and am reading it now, but it will take some time. If I find anything of interest in it, I will post the information here.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Quantum Logic because: reply to wrong person

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

No, I do not. That is what I am attempting to find out, if it means anything at all. It is likened to finding a needle orbiting the Earth due to all the variables and inputs.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Fantastic and novel idea!! Certainly gets my gears going, something about what you're saying resonates with some ideas I've been having.

As for the poster who had two people suddenly experience "ringing" in their ears......it's not coincidence and it may not be tinnitus, and I don't know if you wanna start takng pharmaceuticals for it unless it's something you cannot endure. But I would say try and pay attention to it, find somewhere quiet and natural and concentrate on the sound

my opinion is that it's like a false auditory sensation ( sound hallucination of sorts) that indicates your imagination at work. Most of the time now, there's a "ringing" in my ears, unless I'm fixated on something mind numbing like sports or sitcoms or drooling over some sexy lady, basically, when i'm not my higher or creative self, the ringing subsides. Most of the time " my gears are going", there's the ringing.....

just a hunch and a lot of speculation

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

Interesting take on the ear ringing- a perspective I had not considered. Good job- and thanks for the input

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum Logic
Would you happen to know what was picked up between 12:30pm and 1:30pm CDT on the same graph? There are some details I have kept to myself for the moment that have to do with this time period.

Between those times to me that looks like common telemetry or digitizer error- and not useable data.

Ok, got your PM, and I have looked at some networks for more stations in your area. I found one other on the TA network, station TA.O43A in Atlanta, IL. Still trying to dig up some info on that, but I honestly don't expect to see anything because it is still just about the same distance from you as the other station. Unfortunately I don't see any stations closer, which is going to really limit your ability to use seismographs in this case. And even if there was one, seismo stations are filtered. So if the sound she heard didn't produce any portion of a signal below, say 40 Hz, you would have a tough time seeing anything on it even if it was right down the street from you.

Sorry, no luck really on the seismo-backup front.

You could always invest in a little stereo Zoom digital recorder, which has some internal mics that will get you down to around 30 hz, maybe 20. It really does help to have recordings of these things for analysis. If it keeps happening, it might make sense to get something like that.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

What I am considering is renting/borrowing a professional microphone specifically for this task. I have a friend who owns a small studio, so I am sure he would allow me to borrow some of his equipment. I will take a look at what is out there, but as you know the sensitivity and dynamic range would be critical if I were to acquire the frequencies I am looking for.

Another great response- thanks again!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

A studio mic will get you down to 20 Hz. For anything below that, you will need a highly specialized mic that no studio owner is going to have. Even a Neumann U47 or M149 (VERY expensive) only go down to 20.

Another thing about seismos and this sound: If the sound being produced is atmospheric in nature, I doubt the seismos would even pick them up at all. Whatever it is would have to be literally shaking the ground, even if just slightly, for seismos to pick it up. So it may be a moot point anyways.

As to coming up with your own theories that is great, but scientists are much better equipped to really test them.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

While they may be more equipped, often times they are not forthright with their results on topics such as this. Therefore- I continue relentlessly forward. I will do whatever is necessary to pursue this, regardless of the personal cost, because the cost of not doing anything could prove disasterous.

Thanks for the education on microphones- great stuff

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Hmmm it may help if I posted the link
Sorry about that ....I should have the map on there within the week...there are so many reports to go through...I have over half of a notebook FILLED with reports.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I know what you mean. I have over 2TB of charts, papers, and raw data pertaining to this subject, which is why it's simply too much for one person to do. That's why I've chosen to approach this differently using a collective knowledge approach. We can accomplish far more together than each on their own.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I found the station you informed me of, and noticed something interesting. The installation date of the station is 8/17/2011, and it is a mobile station. Considering the recent Illinois earthquakes this year, the proximity to the Hopedale station and the recent data from there, I find it more than coincidental that only a little over a month ago a station was moved there on the same geographic location (Sangamon Arch west of Lasalle fault). If there is nothing of importance happening, and if the data from Hopedale is just noise or error, why the sudden interest in placing a station there? Here is yesterday's and today's Hopedale readings-

9-24 Hopedale midnight to noon

9-24 Hopedale noon to midnight next

9-25 Hopedale midnight to noon

9-25 Hopedale noon to present time

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I listened to the recording you made of the noise. The last 20 seconds is what interests me the most. There is a frequency within that noise that caused an immediate physiological effect, as both my wife and I noticed our pets behavior became one of paranoia for the few seconds it was there each and every time we played it back.

Your recording is extremely important, in my opinion, to finding out what is happening.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Almost in a sense ironic how the New Madrid was bursting with talk of a huge quake earlier this year and someone also mentioned the possibility of a quake in Sept.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join