It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sky just went bright for a flash...9-25-11 1:23 am

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Pervuis - It reads like a story, unless you provide evidence of your claims you will just be laughed at here by the ATS community.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I know a x1 cme was going to glance the magnetic field today that could be what u saw.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by warsight

Could you provide a link please.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Those darn aliens can never seem to make up their minds on what dimension to hang out in. It does seem to point in the direction of an EMP. As to why? Who knows. Unless you have video or audio, this thread isn't going to go far...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

www.youtube.com...

This link will help the OP.

Listen from 13 minutes onwards explains much about your flashing theory OP.
edit on 25-9-2011 by DClairvoyant because: Added comment.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hi everyone, long time listener, first time caller

So my wife I were sitting at a traffic light at around 12:15am this morning in Saint Petersburg, Florida last night, when we experienced a similiar flash. I have lived in Florida since 1989, and am well acquainted with both Lightning and heat lightning, this was neither. This was a flash of light that was quick, and pure white, and seemingly omnidirectional. What's really strange, is seconds after it happened, two cops who were sitting in a parking lot about a block up both put on their lights and sirens and took off in different directions. We assumed a transformer was blown somewhere, because that was the only thing that seemed to make any sense, but were both confused. I've actually seen a few transformers go in person, and i've personally never seen it happen in a single split second flash…it really reminded me of the thing they flash in men in black to give people amnesia. It might have actually been that, because we immediately went to Mcdonalds after that, and I swore two nights ago I was never doing that again!
Anyway, happy I finally made an account, now I can chime in!

And if you think I made the account just to share a made up story, well, I'm not that crazy.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

Can you tell me when this lady in Florida saw this? I've had a VERY similar experience to this and it happened to me in Florida almost three years ago. I was a security guard on patrol at about 2:00 aqm when the whole sky flashed this light blue color.......there was a humming sound in the air when it occurred and all the street lights went out......the light faded to a point in the northwest sky........the flash lasted for about 2-3 seconds and was blindingly bright.....it happened two more times within the next few minutes, each time fading out to the same point in the sky.........after the third time, all the streetlights came back on, but I had to write up a report to the maintenance department because one of the a/c units would not stop running after that.....the temp dropped SEVERAL degrees below what the thermostat was set for and even when you turned the switch to off, it wouldn't turn off. I wasn't there when the repair guy came out to fix it, so I never heard what the diagnosis was......I've lived in this area my entire life and had never, and not since, seen anything like this before. I never saw anything on the news about it and have wondered for a LONG time about what it could have been.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I lived in central IL in pretty much the middle of nowhere and saw odd things in the sky pretty regular. We even got to see a small aurora borealis one night which is hands down one of the coolest things I've ever experienced in my life. As for the flash, I live in central CA now and I have experienced something similar on 3 separate occasions but each event the same. Just one fairly quick flash that lit up the entire sky but no focal point, no sound, and it was not lightning. Each time there was only a single flash. It didn't disrupt my cell service or any other electronics. The last time I saw this was the Friday night before fathers day of this year. I'd really like to know what it was but so far I haven't been able to find and justification for it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
How strange. Yesterday and today I've had unusual power outages in Moscow, Russia. And my reading lamp exploded some hours ago. I've got minor cuts from the glass even. Though I have not noticed a bright flash, I did hear a loud explosion - like sound yesterday. It could be anything, I could be dreaming. I searched around some online and found this video from the US, shot in the year 2009. It depicts a bright flash with some strange camera effects and a loud sound. Could be anything though.
I do apologize if my ramblings are not related. I feel it was worth mentioning, since our old USSR power lines can withstand nearly anything. They did not act this strange way even in summer under the warts of thunderstorms.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I was making a video of some neighbors singing outside and my full battery went to red/dead,when I came inside it went green back to full, only outside my battery does this.
Also there has been this noise in the sky for about 11+ hours,it sounds like a jet sound but it doesn't stop,one neighbor said it sounded like a continuous thunder sound. We all noticed there was also a wind sound up in the sky,sounds like wind you would hear if you were in a blizzard or extreme wind conditions,just a loud blowing sound. From the ground we only feel/see normal light winds.

I grabbed my video camera when I first noticed it this morning about 6:30 am and the jet sound came out rather good!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
hi all.

was in the middle 70s. I was staying at my mother's in my hometown in upstate ny. she had broken her foot and she had a 100 cat cat kennel and i was caring for the cats and her too. after supper, on a warm November night, i took a walk up the lane, was very very dark, out in rural Finger lakes country and the sky was cloudy.
suddenly I saw a huge flash of whitish yellow light in the sky! covered the whole sky. I waited for the "thunder" and there was none. no sound. the clouds were low clouds and not rainclouds at all. no one saw this but me.

freestone

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
again, i have seen the same thing before. i was driving to salina ks from wichita and was talking to a co worker out be Canute ks its about 120 miles away. i seen a bright flash and was like what the hell was that? his reply was you seen that to! it was blinded him he had to stop for a min to let his eyes adjust. turns out it was a hi power transformer that blew.

i would put money on it i have been driving trucks at night time and have seen this a few times. the first time i was shocked then i found out was it was and it is some what common

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i believe this happened. but not sure what it could be since i've never experienced this. i've been reading the replies. its either some type of lightning or blown transformer. is this what most of ats is thinking? or is this something else? not sure about an emp, but aside from a nuke, what would cause this?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
As the second poster said.

"We've been EMPed! Electronics are offline!"

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
has anyone mentioned the satellite falling? or has that finished? i wouldn't 100% believe what the agencies would say about it anyway.. something entering the atmosphere. meteor? gun shot if you were looking through narrow space?

in Baltimore, especially for this time ... well anytime ... of year, I'd attribute single sky flashes always to types of lightning, cloudy skies you'd see the light and it's kind of pulse, a natural one.. hard to tell what it could be. cell phones inoperable could have also been just a coincidence.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Last night in DFW area i saw 2 very bright flashes that were followed by a bang. These were probably 30 minutes apart. Obviously could have been fireworks but why so far apart and only one bang each? Normally it wouldn't even grab my attention but it was the way the light got to me. I was in my living room with the balcony door open and facing a different direction. I saw the flashes out of the corner of my eye each time. A firework would have to be pretty close since the bang was immediate. I thought it sounded like gunshots and was expecting to hear police sirens but never did. I went to look outside for smoke in the sky but didn't see any. Anyway, i just thought the quality of those flashes was very odd or i wouldn't have even remembered it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
also has been reported of serious sun activity:

spaceweather.com/

GEOMAGNETIC STORM WARNING: A pair of closely-spaced CMEs propelled by explosions of sunspot AR1302 on Sept. 24th are heading not-quite directly toward Earth. A significant glancing blow to our planet's magnetic field is possible on Sept. 26th around 14:00 UT (+/- 7 hours). NOAA forecasters estimate a 30% chance of strong geomagnetic storms when the clouds arrive. [CME forecast track] Aurora alerts: text, voice.

edit on 25-9-2011 by ergastulum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
i saw the sky flash up for a second in Australia at about 12:50am..

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Fort Worth explosions...

A man named Alex Putney describes the event in terms of his focus; Infrasound Standing Waves and Earth resonances

This flash could be something along these lines...
Also reminds me of the electric model of the universe and like others have said related to recent solar activity...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
A few years back while watching the perseid meteor shower in rural Spain I witnessed something that may be related. The sky lit up with the light of the full moon, only the moon was over the horizon. I was watching the area I usually watch, the milky way between Aquila and Scorpius, and 30 or 40 seconds went by, then there was another flash, and this time I saw the source of the flash, it was like a disk with 2 bites out of it on opposing sides, somewhat smaller than the full moon, but just as intense. I kept watching and saw a third flash of the same characteristics, and noticed the bites were lined up with the flashes trajectory.. I've since come to the conclusion that often times meteors come skimming over our atmosphere, like flat rocks tossed across a pond. When they bounce off of the outer atmosphere some flash brilliantly, according to their composition.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join