It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sky just went bright for a flash...9-25-11 1:23 am

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This was in central illinois at 1:23 am... in the morning on 9-25-11 ...I had just dropped two friends back to their car when the entire sky went bright for a flash. This is where things get weird, I call my friend and all I hear is messed up noises, then I call my other friend and his phone did the same thing. To make things even more strange is their was a party of teenagers across the street from where I live also witnessed the bright sky and their phones were acting strange also.

I checked the lighting strike live maps and found no lightening strike, some within 300 miles but at a much earlier time.

what could explain a bright light that flashed the whole sky that also messed with cell phones, i am trying to listen to police dispatch now because I think something is up
edit on 25-9-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

someone got the EMP killstreak. electronics will be down for a few

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

It certainly does sound like an EMP. Anyone else from Illinois who can confirm this flash of light?

I would call your police station and see what they have to say about it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
pics or it didnt happen

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

lightning can travel heaps far.
id say its the most logical answer, but you never know

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
That certainly sounds interesting. Any other witness reports to confirm the story would be appreciated. Also, are there any known military installations in that area? Who knows maybe someone was trying a high voltage experiment.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

It certainly does sound like an EMP. Anyone else from Illinois who can confirm this flash of light?

I would call your police station and see what they have to say about it.

If it was an EMP, there would be no calling of anyone. In fact, if it was truly an EMP, OP would not be able to be listening for police reports.

Or posting about this on ATS.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AncientAstronaut

Maybe a terminator is making a high voltage move..just kidding.
An exploding meteor might cause it..it might make no sound. I think they call it a bolide.
Long time ago a lady here in Florida told me early one morning she was driving and the sky just lit up
bright as day for a second or two and it was over. I don't think she heard any sound, don't remember.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

An electromagnetic pulse wont necessarily destroy electronic devices. If it was weak enough or far enough away chances are it would simply interfere with wireless communications for a short period of time.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by LeTan

An electromagnetic pulse wont necessarily destroy electronic devices. If it was weak enough or far enough away chances are it would simply interfere with wireless communications for a short period of time.

True, from what I read, there are a few major factors. Either way, if it was an EMP burst, It would be a nuclear EMP burst.

If indeed it is an EMP, it would affect more than Illinois. The radius is pretty huge, even at lowest altitude.

But, who knows, could be a possibility.
edit on 25-9-2011 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2011 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I also live in central Illinois and witnessed a bright flash around the same time while outside with my dog. Not sure about cell phone interruption though as I was not using mine at the time.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Found this cool article referring to flashes over the Chicago/Lake area....1964

theorized that the light was probably given off by a bolide, an extremely bright meteor.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Just throwing this out there because of timing. I know that NASA is supposed to know where/when the various pieces of the satellite fell but do you think it's possible this might have been the cause or is my timing way off?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Actually during the afternoon a lot of at&t cellphone user lost service for a couple of hours here in Los Angeles, not sure if this is related but it does seem pretty strange, since they're being a bit vague about the explanation (a glitch), it might have been because of the satellite and it might not have but who knows for sure.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
And the folks in Chile got hit with a power outage.
Linky

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by asxshadowsxfade
I also live in central Illinois and witnessed a bright flash around the same time while outside with my dog. Not sure about cell phone interruption though as I was not using mine at the time.

OMG, you created a new account just to say this. I smell something fishy here.

or is it just me ?

Cheers.

Oh, almost forgot, Welcome to the ATS Society!

edit on 25-9-2011 by KnocksMeDead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
i have seen the same thing before. i was driving to salina ks from wichita and was talking to a co worker out be Canute ks its about 120 miles away. i seen a bright flash and was like what the hell was that? his reply was you seen that to! it was blinded him he had to stop for a min to let his eyes adjust. turns out it was a hi power transformer that blew.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by KnocksMeDead

Actually I did create an account to say this. I had an account years ago but can't remember the username or password for the life of me. I visit this site religiously and never really had anything to contribute until now.
edit on 25-9-2011 by asxshadowsxfade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Actually I did create an account to say this. I had an account years ago but can't remember the username or password for the life of me. I visit this site religiously and never really had anything to contribute until now.

Ok.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnocksMeDead

Ok.

Either way, nothing fishy about the timing IMHO. When you've got something to say, you've got something to say...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join