It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman decapitated in Mexico for web posting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Woman decapitated in Mexico for web posting

www.seattlepi.com

Police found a woman's decapitated body in a Mexican border city on Saturday, alongside a handwritten sign saying she was killed in retaliation for her postings on a social networking site.

The gruesome killing may be the third so far this month in which people in Nuevo Laredo were killed by a drug cartel for what they said on the internet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
While reading the article i could not help but think why on earth would you post something knowing very well that your life is in danger and not by some alphabet agency but rather a group of lawless people who obviously are being shielded by a corrupt government that has its roots so deep within the political system that it would require a full blown civil war to clean the country.

I guess it all boils down to the ordinary citizen to get out and voice his or her opinion. Sadly history has shown us that only through the loss of life and mass exposure of events is change ever achieved.

Hang tight Mexicans, it wont be too long before scenes similar to Syrian's protests end up being broadcast from Mexico.

www.seattlepi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

While reading the article i could not help but think why on earth would you post something knowing very well that your life is in danger ...

I was reading about the other two victims earlier this week and there is a lot of speculation that instead of actually tracking down people who made comments online, they are simply taking random people, mutilating them and then saying that they were punished for their comments.

In all cases so far, their corpses have been too mutilated to identify the victim. Why should they spend the money and time trying to track down anonymous posters when they can just grab a random person on the street and have the exact same impact?

So long story short, people don't think the cartels are actually tracking people down, so they don't actually feel any less safe posting anonymous comments.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
BTW, here is the link to the other article about the other two victims.

CNN Article

Thanks for sharing this, I find this new turn in cartel brutality to be unnerving.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
See.. this is a legitimate use for our military capabilities. I would have no problem dropping a few smart bombs on these mexican cartels, but instead we are dropping them on I don't know what, on the other side of the world, for I don't know why.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
See.. this is a legitimate use for our military capabilities. I would have no problem dropping a few smart bombs on these mexican cartels, but instead we are dropping them on I don't know what, on the other side of the world, for I don't know why.

... or we could just legalize them and starve the cartels out of business. I don't know why we didn't learn our lesson with prohibition early last century. Our "war on drugs" (and not the drugs themselves) is why that woman and others like her die pointless deaths.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by upgrayedd

The MSM does not show or tell anything close to the truth of what really goes on everyday south of our border.

The site below has been posting for long time the horrors. . Warning ! The truth is very graphic in reality.

www.blogdelnarco.com

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
perhaps those who regularly visit ats and have lets say online activity might include this issue within the end of month meeting as its obvious that someone does not want sensitive information being posted.... ahoy lets set sail for the carribean.....

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
yah well i ran my mouth in the other thread and im still here.

"a proxy what ese?"

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

....just a thought but perhaps a nation wide i-natz on the nations network might draw attention from world and its issues...

now that would be a first, cyber activists or how ever one chooses to name them focusing their abilities on widely accepted problem....no ?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

That won't help ( I mean, I agree with doing it. It will help our cartel problem amd the war on drug problem), but these guys aren't just going to retire they will continue with some kind of business (maybe try and take over since they are practically an army and if they are out of the drug biz why not) and as opposed as I am to war, I'm also opposed to Mexican people getting mutilated. At some point we will have to step in I think.. and I actually wouldn't be opposed.
edit on 25-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

me thinks it has worked before!

they would probably run out of cardboard signs

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

That won't help ( I mean, I agree with doing it. It will help our cartel problem amd the war on drug problem), but these guys aren't just going to retire they will continue with some kind of business (maybe try and take over since they are practically an army and if they are out of the drug biz why not) and as opposed as I am to war, I'm also opposed to Mexican people getting mutilated. At some point we will have to step in I think.. and I actually wouldn't be opposed.

I think it would definitely weaken the problem to a manageable state. After that, I'm with you on actual international department backing. No tanks, planes, or soldiers but I'd be supportive of a non-military police force dispatched to give assistance. I'd volunteer if it got me dual-citizenship.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I'm not trying to destroy your thread but.......

a young 18 year old Syrian girl just got the chop by Assad's security also:

www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I'm not trying to destroy your thread but.......

a young 18 year old Syrian girl just got the chop by Assad's security also:

www.nzherald.co.nz...

....oh no, you are not killing my thread at all....

Sadly, and i do stress sadly, the Syrian issue is more complex than what the media or should i say the people are aware of. Since vested interests from the Soviet era are very much alive and the same applies to western interests it is what one would say in a predicament. If and when anyone of the two superpowers decide that they need to pull out of syria then it would only require a 48hr time log for the current leadership to implode and the obvious civil unrest and looting to commence. On the other hand, the mexican issue falls upon the onus of the U.S. as the profits from the illegal activities tend to reach the hundred's of billions. Those very billions are and have been re-invested into the U.S. supplying much needed jobs and as you can see the wheel simply keeps on turning. So the actual decision to clean up a nation falls upon the people, then the political kahoonas required since it will most certainly follow with leaders dying in various ways and not of natural causes.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

reply to post by Cuervo

I think it would definitely weaken the problem to a manageable state. After that, I'm with you on actual international department backing. No tanks, planes, or soldiers but I'd be supportive of a non-military police force dispatched to give assistance. I'd volunteer if it got me dual-citizenship.

if that would be the case then a UN/NATO force would be required and well all know what happens when nato decides to send troops in under the "Peace Keeping Forces".

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I have a question thats a bit off topic but still related so I appologize for asking it but im curious.
At what point did the Cartels resort to decapitation? As far back as I can remeber its always been death by gun or some other weird end, but I never recall hearing about decapitations.

Does anyone know if thats a practice thats always been used by the Cartels and the media just glossed over it as a drug war death?

Or are they talking a page from the books of radical Islam?

I've seen information / media where members of Radical Islam terror groups have been in Mexico, and I know sometime back we caught some arabs sneaking into the US on the souther border. Also some time back religious material was found that would suggest a radical islam connection.

The Conspiracy question -
I know the Mexican President declared a war on drugs and off it went. Then things changed for the worse and spiraled down from there, with escalation in killings, and specifically the manner of those killings.

Its almost as if there is some attempt to destablize Mexico and push for a government change, and we recently saw that possibility when a cartel announced they could control the next election.

Is it truely a war on drugs, or is it a beachhead on the North American continent, specifically the Souther US border?

** If I need to make a seperate thread I have no issues doing that. Thought I would start here though and see what people think.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I think you just haven't been reading the news about whats happening in Mexico, most US and other news agencies ignore a lot of it

check out www.blogdelnarco.com...

there's a few other sites too if you search around

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

You seem to have valid sense of direction. Islamic fundamentalism has been documented within mexico in the past and is something that hasn't gained the prime time news slot but it is very much there and alive. Since the south has taken steps in the form of the barking dog behind the fence, it could very well be the next major border shift of nations that will follow after the middle eastern border shift issues. On a hypothetical text page application, this could be under a proposed joint nato/anzus treaty and on a simultaneous time scale an event happens triggering at first U.S. reaction but would follow under a U/.N.(NATO) peace keeping force to subside international reaction. This would draw upon the Anzus treaty as they would be the nearest and most neutral force in comparison to any other at the time of the incident and as such, the new division of south america will be right before everyone. But again this is all hypothetical and based upon nothing other than my observation.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

They've been decapitating/mutilating people for years. Thats he they keep the public scared of them. I don't see it as a plot to destabilize Mexico, but it's always possible.

So far it seems like the ATF and DEA are just about getting their cut and looking the other way. Sure legalizing it would starve them of all their income, but who wants to do that? Then there's nobody to pay bribes, and no reason to bribe anyone.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join