It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Like The Jews: CT Residents To Be Branded With Gold Stars

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
We all know that during WW2 the powers that be of that time made the Jewish people wear a yellow star of David for easy identification. This was an easy visual signal that allowed the government to target said people....

Fast forward to 2011 and all in the name of security we now have this gem from my old State of Connecticut:

PLEASE NOTE: If you are renewing your driver's license ON OR AFTER OCTOBER 3, 2011, you will have the option to verify your identity through the Select CT ID Program. People verifying will get a GOLD STAR on the license. Those declining will have one stamped "Not for Federal Identification."

and then this beauty

The difference could be extra screening under a proposed federal program slated to go into effect in 2017 for airports and federal buildings and also use for possible commercial transactions.

Clearly this is to protect you since

The program stems from national security measures and federal identification standards resulting from the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks in the U.S.

& let us not forget that

It is also designed to offer residents additional protection against identity theft by having a historical record of proven original identity documents shown to DMV.

Which is a face palm considering that when people go get a driver's license they bring in their birth certificates and other identifying documents to DMV. Unless, the CT DMV is admitting that they have been issuing driver's licenses to random people in years past.

Last but not least - CT .gov radio ad about the yellow star you must now carry aptly titled: I Became THAT GUY! (and we all know that we don't want to be THAT GUY)

Listen to: I Became That Guy!

Listen To: Want a Regular or Verified One? (Extra Fries With That?)

Now we get to see the pics of said Yellow Star driver's license

CITIZEN: Check Out Your New Branded Driver's License!

and the obvious "THIS LICENSE IS ACCEPTABLE FOR DOMESTIC AIR TRAVEL" .pdf from the government.

Acceptable For Domestic Air Travel & Other Purposes

CT .gov links for your amusement citizen:

CT DMV: BRANDED Driver's License Renewal
CT DMV: Select CT ID Overview & Facts About Your New YELLOW Star

You Will OBEY Citizen!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
No biggie. We've had that in Ontario for over a year now. You need the extra screening to get the "enhanced" license. That can be used in lieu of a passport. I actually wanted one because a passport is a PITA but neglected to tell them that I wanted it. As the article said, it ones own choice. Nothing nefarious here imo.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I've heard many say we, the U.S., are beginning to look more like Hitler's Germany all the time. This is just one more sign of label and control the masses. I am really surprised that Jews are not protesting this.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
No biggie. We've had that in Ontario for over a year now. You need the extra screening to get the "enhanced" license. That can be used in lieu of a passport. I actually wanted one because a passport is a PITA but neglected to tell them that I wanted it. As the article said, it ones own choice. Nothing nefarious here imo.

How fast do you think this will be mandatory for all of CT residents?

2nd "verified" line

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm going to wait and see exactly what kind of enhanced things they need before I react. I looked, but I couldn't find this particular information. If it's just things like birth certificate and social security card, that's not really all that bad.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I am really surprised that Jews are not protesting this.

Would they also protest this? Not everything is related to the Jews.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenovni
How fast do you think this will be mandatory for all of CT residents?

Well then you would have a point but it isn't going to happen. The Supreme Court would crush any legislation like that as un-Constitutional.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

It is un-constitutional to start with. Also, the "that guy" fear mongering ad is priceless. From all of the symbols that could be used, a yellow star?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I'm going to wait and see exactly what kind of enhanced things they need before I react. I looked, but I couldn't find this particular information. If it's just things like birth certificate and social security card, that's not really all that bad.

Which are things that are needed to get a driver's license in the US anyway. If they originally had this information, why need it again to yellow star you?

This smells like massive database to me. Also, what happens if you refuse? Do you become "that guy" that will get additional scrutiny as the .gov website states?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenovni
reply to post by intrepid

It is un-constitutional to start with.

No, it isn't. It's optional:

PLEASE NOTE: If you are renewing your driver's license ON OR AFTER OCTOBER 3, 2011, you will have the option to verify your identity through the Select CT ID Program. People verifying will get a GOLD STAR on the license. Those declining will have one stamped "Not for Federal Identification."

It's a combination of 2 types of ID.

From all of the symbols that could be used, a yellow star?

Why not? A gold star shows that something is premium.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Once again, people overlook their power.

Notice the part where it says "optional". This is easily fixed. Don't take the star and deal with longer lines, waits, etc. These programs are all initiated under the guise of making our lives easier. However, it comes at the cost of privacy and personal freedom.
if people would just stop sucking up every latest convenience the government offers us we would get big brother out of our lives.

If you don't post on Facebook, you don't need to worry about who's reading your personal information.
If you don't take the gold star, you don't have to worry about being branded.
If you don't take EZ pass, you don't have to worry about the DOT tracking your movement patterns.
If you turn off the GPS function in your phone, or buy one without it, you don't have to worry about being pinpointed everywhere you go.

Etc, etc.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Once again, people overlook their power.

Notice the part where it says "optional". This is easily fixed. Don't take the star and deal with longer lines, waits, etc. These programs are all initiated under the guise of making our lives easier. However, it comes at the cost of privacy and personal freedom.
if people would just stop sucking up every latest convenience the government offers us we would get big brother out of our lives.

If you don't post on Facebook, you don't need to worry about who's reading your personal information.
If you don't take the gold star, you don't have to worry about being branded.
If you don't take EZ pass, you don't have to worry about the DOT tracking your movement patterns.
If you turn off the GPS function in your phone, or buy one without it, you don't have to worry about being pinpointed everywhere you go.

Etc, etc.

the way I'm readfing this Goldstar means you are subject to enhanced screening wherever you go? the opt out feature is red flag to me saying don't get it

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I've heard many say we, the U.S., are beginning to look more like Hitler's Germany all the time. This is just one more sign of label and control the masses. I am really surprised that Jews are not protesting this.

I think the doors are closing and we have swallowed the key.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is constitutional because it is optional. It is also borrowing a page from the identification process that the Israeli security forces use instead of sticking their hands down the pants of kids...so, this is completely different than branding Jews (a bad thing) to offering an optional program to verify your identity ahead of time so as to ease your travel...

I would like to see this option go nationwide.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Jews were given star of David patches to wear. "Golden stars" in general have nothing to do with jews at all. Many teachers use gold star stickers on childrens worksheets/tests/whatever else to signify a good job. My diploma has a gold star 12 point star on it... many awards I've won include gold stars.
Seriously, your connection with jews and gold stars is ridiculous
edit on 9/24/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

Im in every database known to man anyhow, I get pulled and searched EVERY time I get on a plane, wether its to travel inside or out of the U.S. I ping on every NCIC search plus multiple FBI/CIA data searches.
Granted if CT had been thinking they would have chosen another moniker to use, who the heck thought of a yellow star? Im assuming it was originally slated to be a "gold Star" of approval rather than Yellow but who knows. Nope, I wont be getting the preapproval, it wouldnt matter anyway in my case.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher3339
This is constitutional because it is optional. It is also borrowing a page from the identification process that the Israeli security forces use instead of sticking their hands down the pants of kids...so, this is completely different than branding Jews (a bad thing) to offering an optional program to verify your identity ahead of time so as to ease your travel...

Your identity was already verified when you first got your driver's license with your birth certificate as well as social security number.

By saying that they are now using an "optional program to verify your identity ahead of time" you are also saying that your identity was NOT verified when you first got your driver's license. If that is the case, the driver's license verification system that you went through before was a sham.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher3339

The problem is that all systems can be hacked. So, in a few years after implementation, some criminal will find a way to profit off of it's weaknesses and then we will be presented with yet another layer of "security and convenience". All the while requiring more information of ours, the law abiding tax paying citizen, to be made available to whomever wants it or can buy it.

We have gone too far in my opinion. Freedom and privacy are not free, but are priceless. We have gone so far in the other direction that we gave up both at an enormous expense. Now we are all "exposed", the criminals and governments are getting richer, and we are all going broke...to protect what exactly?

There is a difference between screening passengers and full body x-rays. There is a difference between having law enforcement presence and having to be randomly searched while boarding a bus. There is a difference between requiring ID and being "branded".

At some point, probably when we really are truly broke and much of the governments get overrun by angry citizens, we have to say enough.

Bin Laden (supposedly) once said that the best way to kill the American Dream is by attacking our financial centers. Ummm....how much money have we lost fighting him and his (supposed) cronies? I would argue the terrorists/criminals win every time we write another check, offer our bodies up for full inspection, allow ourselves to be tracked, finger printed, photographed, etc.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Jews were given star of David patches to wear. "Golden stars" in general have nothing to do with jews at all. Many teachers use gold star stickers on childrens worksheets/tests/whatever else to signify a good job. My diploma has a gold star 12 point star on it... many awards I've won include gold stars.
Seriously, your connection with jews and gold stars is ridiculous

Exactly. That means they plan to round up the over-achieving school children into re-education camps. They'll just rephrase their old war on terror line into something like "We will fight them in the schools so we don't have to fight them when they graduate".

It's all part of the conservative agenda to keep the fearfully smart children from ever challenging their beliefs in the future. It's all making sense now...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So is that gold star my kids get for being good in school,just conditioning???
Secondline.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join