It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish Man Dies of Spontaneous Human Combustion....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pixie777
reply to post by davethebear

What about hypothermia? Anybody ever look into that aspect of it? I know that hyperthermia, is when your core temp drops very quickly. People that are allergic to anaesthetic can suffer from this, as well, and it literally happens within seconds of receiving the anesthetic, and mostly kills the person, because it's difficult to get back under control. Only thing they know of currently that can undo the anaesthetic reaction, is to immediately administer Dantrolene, but because it's such a fast reaction, there is not much time to play with. The first sign is usually in the CO2 levels then the core temp, if those two happen together, you're on your way to hypothermia, Dantrolene is your only save. (there are other reactions as well, mainly in muscle tissue and in the blood).

Allergy to anaesthetic can only be tested via muscle biopsy, but runs in the family, so if one person has it, then everybody else should be careful. (that's for those who are curious to know)

Has anybody ever looked into the body functions that regulate core temperature? Maybe some sort of chemical reaction there that goes wrong? I'm afraid I don't know much about chemical reactions in the body.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Pixie777 because: typo

Yeah, thanks for that Pixie777............As for what you said about body functions and temperatures and chemical reactions that go wrong, I too do not know very much about this, but would love to hear other peoples ideas around this.......Yeah, there must be a time in a body's time and makeup when things don't all work in sinc and all types of things can go wild with the system........

cheers..

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

edit on 25-9-2011 by kazanoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Funny how- to me- people looking for a scientific explanation of it- really? Like, if you knew that shredded wheat plus some high magnesium level triggered mitochondria to runaway body temperature caused SHC to start form inside out- would you be like - Oh, so that's what does it! Mystery solved?

Because personally, if I knew what caused it on the subatomic level, I'd still marvel over how mysterious and rare and weird it is.

It sort of- in a way- reminds me of the buddhist monks that are really enlightened that prepare a funeral pyre for themselves right prior to their death, because supposedly they know the moment of their death, and do not want to be a burden to others by leaving their body behind to deal with.
I know there's no SHC of the same nature there, but I can never think of one thing without thinking of the other.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
irish like to drink im just putting that out there it can't be too far fetched

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I heard this mostly happens to overweight people as the fat in the body provides as fuel to the fire . there was a documentry on this once on discovery channel...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join