It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish Man Dies of Spontaneous Human Combustion....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This is a subject that has always interested me....

As a young child I used to go to the local library and take out books about UFO's, The Pyramids, ghosts, books by Erich Von Daniken, and other books about the paranormal etc. One subject that always amazed me was theories and actual happenings of Spontaneous Human Combustion throughout history....

A couple of days ago in West Galway, Ireland, an Irish coroner by the name of Dr Ciaran McLoughlin stated that a man by the name of Michael Faherty, aged 76, died of Spontaneous Combustion on the 22nd December 2010. Dr Ciaran McLoughlin also said that it was the first time in 25 years of investigating deaths that he had recorded such a verdict...

Deaths attributed by some to Spontaneous Combustion occur when a living human body is burned without an apparent external source of ignition.

Wikileaks explanation is on the link below...

en.wikipedia.org...

The actual radio broadcast that was on Morning Ireland can be heard below......

The report that was in the Guardian newspaper is linked here below...

www.guardian.co.uk...

I have also added another couple of videos that talk about Sontaneous Human Combustion. If you are easily offended by certain images, then PLEEEEEEEEESE be careful when viewing..

Any comments and other thoughts, then please feel free to share about this interesting topic..........

:
edit on 24-9-2011 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this back!
Forgot all about SHC.

This have always been interesting, and I sure don't have any idea why it happens.
But I have heard several theories about this.

Oh, and you probably need to make a warning about the graphic videos :p
Some people may be offended!
edit on 9/24/2011 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
Thanks for bringing this back!
Forgot all about SHC.

This have always been interesting, and I sure don't have any idea why it happens.
But I have heard several theories about this.

Oh, and you probably need to make a warning about the graphic videos :p
Some people may be offended!
edit on 9/24/2011 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

Cheers for your reply ypperst,

I have added to the thread about being careful when viewing the videos, good thinking........

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

First post here.

Always fascinated me too, remember reading a while back about a guy who investigated cases of HSC and found the only thing that linked the victims was that they all regularly had eaten alot of shredded wheat.

So a wheat based diet might not be a good idea, cant find the original article at the moment, but will have a look.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnnyappleseed

First post here.

Always fascinated me too, remember reading a while back about a guy who investigated cases of HSC and found the only thing that linked the victims was that they all regularly had eaten alot of shredded wheat.

So a wheat based diet might not be a good idea, cant find the original article at the moment, but will have a look.

Thanks for sharing your first post with us on this thread.........Shredded Wheat eh, wow..great if you could find the link to the article.......

cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This was a subject I found very interesting when I first heard about it several years ago and have since forgotten about it until now. Thank you for posting this! I remember hearing that most victims tend to be smokers, live alone, and are generally older/elderly. I always wanted to figure this mystery out, so scary thinking what it would be like if this happened to you!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This is my guess. If you have a diet with Aluminum and/or Magnesium you are setting yourself up to become an incendiary device. A lot of antacids have these in them. Both Aluminum hydroxide and Magnesium hydroxide are used as antacids.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TMG333
This was a subject I found very interesting when I first heard about it several years ago and have since forgotten about it until now. Thank you for posting this! I remember hearing that most victims tend to be smokers, live alone, and are generally older/elderly. I always wanted to figure this mystery out, so scary thinking what it would be like if this happened to you!

Yeah, It's amazing that even after all this time that scientists etc, still have no true idea as to why SHC occurs within certain people......I am a smoker TMG333, but luckily I don't live alone and I am still only 46 years of age, so I only have 1 out of the 3 stats you mentioned above...haha

cheers.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This happen sometimes (but more often than thought) with People who need to stay in a Bed
and are cleaned with a Disinfection Spray by other People like a Nurse or Day Helper.

But for a real Investigation we need more Information!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Cheers

I know haha, never liked it anyway!

Struggling to find that article, cant remember if it was on the net. It was def an investigator looked in to multiple cases and found that was the only common link.

The only reference i can find to the theory is this doc, its on page 2 last para. About a physician whose diet only consisted of shredded wheat and coffee.

Suppose it kind of makes sense as it could be acting like a wick, who knows.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Sorry forgot link......newbie.

www.docstoc.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Always found this interesting myself.
Have thought in the past it may be something to do with Mitochondria going out of control.
Kind of a melt down on a cellular level.
Interesting also that the victims seem to be in a trance or not conscious when they are combusting.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I remember seeing something on TV a few years ago where they attempted to set a dead pig on fire in a bed (with a cigarette I think?) to see if it would just burn the pig and the fire would die off without burning the rest of the room up like most cases of SHC. Long story short, test failed and the whole room went up in flames. I don't remember if it was MythBusters, it was fun to watch though. It is quite curious how nothing else burns but the body is charred so badly, except for the limbs. I think the show I saw disproved the whole "falling asleep while smoking" theory though.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnnyappleseed

Sorry forgot link......newbie.

www.docstoc.com...

Thanks for posting that, there is a bit of reading there, but will have a look through and see what comes to light....

Thanks again..

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Already a thread on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Already a thread on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did have a look around ATS before I posted my thread, but couldn't see anything.....threads on ATS come and go so quickly, and depending what time zone you are on in the world, many things can pass you by so fast....but knowledge is good and different people are on ATS at different times... so there always room for extra knowledge and information........

cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The Discovery Channel did an excellent show debunking "spontaneous human combustion" and you can find it on YouTube.

There's no possible scientific way that SHC can occur.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
The Discovery Channel did an excellent show debunking "spontaneous human combustion" and you can find it on YouTube.

There's no possible scientific way that SHC can occur.

Apparently, up until recently, nothing could go faster than light either............just a thought, not everything can be explained..always something new around the corner, that's what makes life interesting....

cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The "Wick Effect" explains the vast majority of so-called "spontaneous human combustions"

Sleeping human wrapped in blanket + spilled alcohol(or other accelerant) + unextinguished cigarette(or candle) =

Completely burned human! Even bone will burn...I saw a demonstration on Discovery Channel where a pig wrapped in a blanket soaked in alcohol burned completely. Only tiny bone fragments remained.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

What about hypothermia? Anybody ever look into that aspect of it? I know that hyperthermia, is when your core temp drops very quickly. People that are allergic to anaesthetic can suffer from this, as well, and it literally happens within seconds of receiving the anesthetic, and mostly kills the person, because it's difficult to get back under control. Only thing they know of currently that can undo the anaesthetic reaction, is to immediately administer Dantrolene, but because it's such a fast reaction, there is not much time to play with. The first sign is usually in the CO2 levels then the core temp, if those two happen together, you're on your way to hypothermia, Dantrolene is your only save. (there are other reactions as well, mainly in muscle tissue and in the blood).

Allergy to anaesthetic can only be tested via muscle biopsy, but runs in the family, so if one person has it, then everybody else should be careful. (that's for those who are curious to know)

Has anybody ever looked into the body functions that regulate core temperature? Maybe some sort of chemical reaction there that goes wrong? I'm afraid I don't know much about chemical reactions in the body.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Pixie777 because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join