It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any men out there who have never punched their house in the head?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
reply to post by AnimositisominA

When I get overly angry, If i feel punchy, my first thought is to punch something, but never someone.

Ive trained in Gracie Juijitsu and MMA (martial arts) for a number of years now and have never once punched or lashed out towards another person.

So I am confident within myself to release the anger in the way I do.

I shouldn't have punched the dash board in front of my partner, but its happened now and all I can do is live and learn.

Well then you know as well as I do the importance of staying centered. Practice makes perfect buddy.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

Your hands must be all busted up if you've been punching cement, goalposts, etc. Unless you punch like a little girl.

I've punched plenty of men in the head, and elsewhere. I would much rather use knees and elbows. Muay Thai will destroy your opponent without destroying your hands. I've destroyed many opponents that way.

Never punched an inanimate object. What would be the point?

My girlfriend was mad and punching me last night. Then took off her bra and whipped me with it. That kind of hurt. I just laughed. Don't punch women or children.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I can agree with the OP here. I am a very very calm individual. I do not like violence, unless its like UFC or some martial arts movie or something.

I've never punched anyone before, not in self defence, not in anger.

But everyone has their things, sometimes people just drive me, and drive me. Usually its the girlfriend that drives me. I haven't snapped like this in awhile. But the said something that sent me reeling, one of those things that she should have never said. I tried controlling myself and calming myself down, no go. I cracked and hauled back and gave my computer chair a nice uppercut, sending it up and onto my computer desk, sending my laptop flying across the desk...

So i know what its like to be angry, I am never usually like that, many things don't bother me. People get mad at traffic, at silly things like that. I dont thank god, haha. Or else some people would be dealing with my fist.

I hit inanimate objects when im mad, as a matter of fact, my knuckles still hurt from the last incident, which included me punching drywall, and there being a support beam behind it.

Don't like doing it. Just can't control myself sometimes. Just happens.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Punch holes in my house? Hell no then i would have to fix them. I just go ahead and beat down the mrs., she heals and it's alot cheaper than replacing a door or section of sheetrock.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

You are a very bad man

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I can honestly say I've never been mad enough to destroy my own property. Not even the worst B*$%@ I've dated made me that mad.

What could she be doing that is so maddening that you have to punch stuff? Is she trying to make you that pissed off? If so maybe it isn't the greatest relationship. Are you just pissed off because of something she is saying or doing? If so maybe you are a bit of a control freak.

Either way you were talking about your appreciation of MMA. Don't you have a heavy bag or speed bag at home that you can punch? They don't even cost that much and it's better then paying for repairs to your car/house.

I know you came on here to be like "this is normal right?" But it does sound like you have an anger problem. Problems are meant to be worked out so I'd suggest you start working on ways to rectify the situation. For your own good as much as anyone elses.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

Funny your here......

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

I can see why she got upset. You gotta hold that temper in. Even women punch things but when you hit that dashboard that was a threat for her to behave herself. Not nice to be under someone's control.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Shall take all advice on board and try to become the better man.

Thanks everyone!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have only done this once probably when I was about 14 or so, I and was mad at my parents. Unfortunately, I didn't look at where my fist was going, and I punched a nail in the wall that used to hang a picture. The nail went right in between two of my knuckles, and mad a nasty gash in which I could see the cartilage and what not. I think that was just teenage hormones as I am usually a pretty calm and collected guy. If I ever really get upset anymore, I just drink. lol

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

I've punched a few things in my lie when angry or frustrated.
But now I'm all grown up.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

yes unfortunatly there have been side effects a couple broken bones in my hand, though i have to admit not being much of a fighter i probably do punch like a girl.... lol but i have not hit a human being of either gender since i was like 5 or 6 and when i got into that school yard fight as a kid i learned the hard way that physical violence solves no problems.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Once, I was in an argument with my wife. I was angry and holding an empty coke can. I threw it on the floor and she threatened to call the cops. I thought, "For throwing a coke can on the ground. Really?". I have been in several relationships in the past with very physically violent women. I don't think it's a male/female issue, it's about how an individual deals with their anger. I've known a lot of women who have thrown and broken their cell phone at some point in time out of anger. That seems pretty common. Maybe I just need to hang with some different people.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks

Tired of Control Freaks.

And what about the control freaks who bait and argue others to the point of explosive reactions toward inanimate objects, they are the ROOT of what is being discussed here and should be glad there are those who choose "things" instead of "them" as their target of frustration and annoyance.

Violence starts with a seed, and I'm really fed up with reading about one-sided opinions that never consider the bigger picture.
edit on 24/9/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by notquiteright

Haha!

Glad I don't hang around the women you do, they sound a bit wild!

The police would probably have put you up for the night also after the coke can incident. She was probably hoping you would have thrown it at her so she could really have called the cops.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It's the people who DON'T hit things that scare me. You don't have to go around hitting people but if you want to keep all that anger inside and never release it, well, that seems like a bad way to go about it.

My ex-gf hated the way I cursed and got mad all the time. I let it out when it happens and am done with it. She would hold all her crap inside and then a huge explosion of crap comes out some day.

I would rather deal with something now rather than later(well, maybe not housework but that's neither here nor there).

Then there is The Great Nothing.

GUY: Honey, what's the matter?

GIRL: Nothing........

It's a wonder more homes aren't demolished after that conversation, because the guy knows damned well something is wrong and it's going to blow up. Nope, couldn't just answer the question, huh?

Even a fool Loony like me who has had few relationships has been through that scenario a few hundred times. Nothing is not nothing, deal with it, get it out in the open instead of festering.

Then again, I'm single and have been most of my life, so my opinion is largely moot.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks

Tired of Control Freaks.

And what about the control freaks who bait and argue others to the point of explosive reactions toward inanimate objects, they are the ROOT of what is being discussed here and should be glad there are those who choose "things" instead of "them" as the target.

Violence starts with a seed.

What are you even talking about? If you are in a relationship with someone who will knowingly get on your nerves to the point of you breaking you need to have a little self respect and get out of that situation.

Don't get mad just stop being a sucker for punishment and find yourself someone nice. Of course it is always someone else's fault and you obviously have no choice in the matter.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

That ol NOTHING chestnut!

Then 10 minutes after saying nothing, a whole lot of something starts getting voiced out towards your direction.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Then again, I'm single and have been most of my life, so my opinion is largely moot.

Yeah no doubt. Ever try looking at the constant in all those situations? Might be hard to admit but sometimes it is you who needs to change. I hit stuff all the time but it is stuff which is designed to be hit.

It is the people who can't control themselves and end up destroying their own property that worry me. That just seems like a primer for self destructive behavior.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

Cant say I've ever destroyed something!

My punches are soft enough not to put a hole in something, but hard enough to make a loud thump and cause slight wrist swelling

The only thing I really smashed was my season 3 of family guy dvd when I fell asleep watching it, only to be woken by some jerkoff doing a diabolical laugh for 5 minutes which enraged me to jump up and stomp on the case before switching off the TV.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join