It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we blow up Comet Elenin???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I have a question that I didn't see asked here on ATS.

There was all the talk about comet Elenin. It was going to cause 3 days of darkness, it was going to hit us, it was going to cause earthquakes, we were supposed to wear jumpsuits and tennis shoes and have roles of quarters in our pockets for the spaceship... wait wrong comet.

All kidding aside, has anyone thought about the possibility that we - humans - blew it up? Maybe it was a threat, but we fixed that threat with a well-placed nuke?

It is possible if you think about it... we hit an asteroid with a small satellite - and that was a MUCH smaller target. What would have kept us from using a weapon we know about (or a weapon and possibly space delivery system that we DON'T know about) to blow the thing to bits?

Am I the only one who has thought about this?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I am going to say no. As much as I feel they would never tell us of impending doom I am of the same opinion they would SHOUT from the rooftops if they succeeded in saving all of humanity.

Indeed, if this was the case, and we shot down the Earth destroyer, it would be all over the corporate state controlled media for the next 3 months.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LearnedToPlayNice

Maybe that would have been newsworthy.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
X37B if anything.

And that's, that.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I think a better weapon would be a missile that could implode instead of explode. That way you could almost capture the object and break it up that way.

Nuclear is not needed.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

If they did nuke Elenin, they would have told wouldnt they? Cos' if someone or a country blew up a potential apocalyptic body outside space, someone would have wanted credit right? So I dont think there have been a buclear explosion on Elenin and btw, can someone give me the numbers on how much nuke is needed to destroy or even break up this comet ?

CH EE RS

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Elenin was officially going to be 0.24AU away from us. I hate NASA and believe 0% of what they tell us. But, I don't think it posed a threat, compared to comet NEAT (en.wikipedia.org...) and Hale Bop (en.wikipedia.org...).

Did we blow it up? Hell if I know, we, humans, have some awesome tech we aren't allowed to play with. It's possible, not really probable though.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
We wouldn't have too,it's too far away and too small.
And it disintegrated on it's own.

Since September 23, the comet Elenin may be visible in the field of view of spacecoronagraph C3, installed on the spacecraft SOHO. As comet disintegrated or still disintegrating, there is a strong likelihood that we did not see anything or see it, but only after post processing of the original images (I recommend not work with JPG files, to avoid possible artifacts). On images comet will move from left to right, ”under” the Sun. It may be seen as a fuzzy, hardly visible cloud. Stay tuned. Categories: News

spaceobs.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I don't think Elenin ever was any threat to the planet.
I do think if someone had developed the technology to destroy a comet this one would make a good candidate for a test run.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That is my point though... did it disintegrate on its own? Or did we help?

Picture this: America has some amazing tech/weapon... we don't want the world to know about. We see that Elenin is a threat. We give the usual "nothing to see here" line about how far away it will be and how safe we will all be. We blow it up. We don't say anything because we don't want to give away the fact we have our secret tech. We blame natural causes.

How is that an unlikely scenario?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by choppedbrisket

So, could we have test run on this thing then?

Maybe we know a bigger, badder one is on its way - so why not make sure our solution works?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
If it was a major threat to Earth, and they've known about it for a long time, they couldn't brag about blowing it up because then we would all know about the huge cover-up. Think about how long it would take to plan a mission like that and do it successfully.. and how long they would've been lying to us about it not being a threat. I think people would be more pissed off and mistrustful than happy and grateful.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

No.

Just saying............

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LearnedToPlayNice
reply to post by kdog1982

That is my point though... did it disintegrate on its own? Or did we help?

Picture this: America has some amazing tech/weapon... we don't want the world to know about. We see that Elenin is a threat. We give the usual "nothing to see here" line about how far away it will be and how safe we will all be. We blow it up. We don't say anything because we don't want to give away the fact we have our secret tech. We blame natural causes.

How is that an unlikely scenario?

Why would we have to blow it up?
It posed no threat.
BTW: love your avatar,cause my name is Kevin.

edit on 24-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Did we blow up all the other comets which ATSers never hear about and which similarly disintegrate as they pass perihelion?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Did we blow up all the other comets which ATSers never hear about and which similarly disintegrate as they pass perihelion?

Yes,we did,thanks to the Naval Space Command.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
IMO, It was destroyed by us. There was another thread here on ats ( cant remember the thread ) wer someone said that if you had a ham radio you could pick up a frequency that would explain alot of what the ptb doesnt want the sheeple to know. It was also not your average meteor/asteriod, will look for the thread. Couldnt find it, it was an ex military/nasa taking quesstions about alot of subjects. I know that he/she could be just a joe shmoe, just find it interesting that shortly after that post is when all the threads about elenin breaking up. Coincidence?

edit on 24-9-2011 by Nraged because: added info

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I had seen a thread on here about someone talking to a millitary commander who said something like or overheard something like "we lost two on Jupiter"... could there have been a mission out that way to take out the comet?

Could the thing have been on an actual crash course initially?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Elenin Removes Her Mask, Breath Taking

This NASA video would suggest otherwise!!!! Indeed, the blue object just had a blue filter put on it to make it appear smaller.

This object is still there, right where ELENIN should be.

Its very big.

Earth and Jupiter are in the video, and they're small in comparison.

So that size factor elimates mercury, venus, and mars as well!

Oh, its causing the sun to interact. The X class CME that will arrive is due on the 25th. Sunday. You know a lot of people are in Denver Colorado right now, high ground.

And that is not all that this time period, date 9/11 and Sept/Oct represents,whats kind of odd, is all the pieces of puzzles and ancient docs, including scripture and mayan have all conspired together to coordinate at this time period.

I wish everyone had the money and means to all join up there and stare them all down in Denver.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
yes we blew up Elenin (which broke it into smaller pieces)

and the pieces of debris coming down all over the world here and there

will conveniently be passed off as false uars sightings.

but Elenin isnt the only incoming =/

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join