It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Conspiracy Sites Keeping The Insane off the Streets?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
We all have read how the Governments of the Western world have decided to integrate the non -criminal insane into the mainstream society, we have all witnessed from time to time people babbling on the steet corner about "Aliens and demons" ect ect.

The question here is are sites such as ATS and others doing a service to the greater real world community by giving an outlet for mentally unstable humans across the planet?

Instead of upsetting bank clerks and commuters with outlandish claims of unseen beings ect , they are now safely tucked away in rooms typing all sorts of bizzare theories they believe are fact?

Iam not saying everyone on ATS is insane, far from it, just perhaps a significant number, who now have a means to express their inner voices free from arrest and public taunts?

Perhaps equally liberating for them? is the chance to commune with similarly left of centre brains?

Years ago people in Asylums were talking 24hrs about visions , unseen entitys, aliens, demons, UFOs impregnating them in their kitchens ect, now they are living in peace in the community , typing away , belonging to the greater world, and just maybe stabilising their minds?
My experience with schizophrenic people for example is they get lost or carried away by notions because they are isolated and don't have counterbalances to their voices?

Here on ATS they may say an alien ate my leftover stew, but by being questioned and probed , they may see it wasn't an alien but just their mischevious little cat?

See the point?

Interaction here on ATS may be occurring between "sane " and "insane" people, or "sane and sane "people or "insane and insane "people , in fact we may all be lunatics, that congregate here?

Who is to really now if someone is taking the bath water or is just having a episode?

No on eis going to say "oh by the way iam in the middle of a schizophrenic bender, no they just appear highly imaginative, but in reality do believe that "Demons dressed as nuns , are attempting to take over the local catholic church" but by writing about their beliefs , they may see it through and not attempt to convince the pope to send a team of exorcists to the downtown parish nunnery?

By seeing other equally bizzare threads they may in fact start believing in other fantastical things, such as greys and reptiles ect, but by having others who believe they may just stay here on ATS and not be interested in convincing the public?

Because this site is for those who know....get it?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

It´s working pretty good on me.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Whether a crazy or a "straight", we're pursuing information on here that no one else is interested in.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

they may in fact start believing in other fantastical things

that's a good thing if you're surrounded by the insane.

but I see what you mean, to defend against that though, you just need to use your better judgement.
You are here and you know why, that's what matters. You get what you need out of it and that's that.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
the bad part is it keeps the 'sane' people in bigger numbers so they can help brainwash eachother

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

That thought has crossed my mind quite a few times with some of the threads I've seen posted here at ATS.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
the bad part is it keeps the 'sane' people in bigger numbers so they can help brainwash eachother

Brilliant! indeed how we can judge who is sane and who´s not?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Wait a minute.....

"what's going on in the streets"?

Thats it, I'm going outside for a look.....

"Now you've done it......

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo

exactly i see more and more often these days that the people who are considered normal or sane, are infact far from that
everyone in this world minus very few has some type of mental defincency
were dumb as rocks and is considered normal to be celebrity obsessed, hate/blood loving, religious etc..

i think the fact that people are coming up with stupid conspiracies is testament to the world we live in.
when were not told the facts, we will make the facts
and lets face it the public is left in the dark, opressed and treated like children.
i can assure you its the 'sane' people that create the 'insane' people

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ah, not necessarily working all that well. I'm still out in the streets

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Years ago people in Asylums were talking 24hrs about visions , unseen entitys, aliens, demons, UFOs impregnating them in their kitchens ect, now they are living in peace in the community , typing away , belonging to the greater world, and just maybe stabilising their minds?
My experience with schizophrenic people for example is they get lost or carried away by notions because they are isolated and don't have counterbalances to their voices?

Exactly where did you get your information to make this statement? Where you in an "Asylum" or did you read this in a book? My guess is neither - this is something you ASSUMED to be true based on some old stereotypes feed to you by society.

Most people who are schizophrenic have trouble communicating so they don't do too well on sites like these. This is most likely a BIOLOGICAL ILLNESS - not some weird belief system.

A belief in alien and demons doesn't meet the requirements of mental illness. If you weren't brought up around Christians, you would probably think most of these believers were crazy too. Speaking in tongues, dipping themselves in water, believing Jesus can talk to them - these things would all sound wacky to you.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Keep the battery charged

You can be as crazy as hell , but if you're at a street coffee shop with a laptop , hey your OK.
Type away about alien living in your fridge, order another Latte and.... sweet ATS is saving your ass again.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I work with those who have mental illness. There's a difference between a mental disorder and a strange idea or concept which you invest thought and time into. You will find that those who are suffering from mental illnesses are very reluctant to speak with you about them for fear of your judgment. Where I work it is one of our greatest challenges to get people to "open up" about what's going on in their heads.

Those people you see in the streets shouting have decompensated badly. Pretty much to a level where they could not relate their thoughts to you in any coherent fashion even if they tried. Those we consider "crazy" are suffering most often from schizophrenia or paranoid type schizophrenia, perhaps even schizo-affective disorder. These poor folks can barely form a sentence when in a total state of decompensation. Even when they are not totally gone, they usually too preoccupied trying to exact real world effects due to their delusions to be creating threads on a conspiracy site.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Sentience365 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
So I take it you do not believe in Demons or Aliens? So every one that does is crazy? I think your crazy. What ever has caused these people to believe Aliens exist or demons exist is because of their life experiences. Do you watch allot of movies? Seems like it. I have never seen any one on the streets preaching about, well any thing. (besides Christians) I live in a city that is open to conspiracy, my town is filled with activist. I would say that its got more "conspiracy theorist" than any other city in my state. Go ahead and blow people off as crazy cause your to scared or lazy to look into what they have experienced. People have experienced Alien and demonic encounters for 1000's of years. That should be enough to get you to study and find out for your self. Not just with knowledge but be open to a experience.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo

i can assure you its the 'sane' people that create the 'insane' people

I like that " the sane people create the insane people. Their is a old philosophical story I wish I could remember who wrote it, any ways it goes like this.

Their once was a man who lived in a town. The time was in the 1600's. He saw that his government was adding poison to the water wells. So he found a clean source of water and drank that. Over time the majority of the people in the town started to become crazy. The man, who was drinking a clean source of water was labeled crazy by the town people because he was not like them because he was not drinking the water. In the end the man decides to drink the water and be crazy like every one else so he would not be look at as crazy.

I remember hearing this in high school philosophy, if any one knows the name of the story please post it. This is a VERY old philosophical story. I wonder how long civilizations have been adding stuff to water to control populations. It exactly what is happening today with flouried and other additives. The class was scripted, I was close to the teacher and knew she was working out of a pack given to her by the school administration.

Its better to just be like every one else. What kind of teaching is that for a high school student.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Some of the respondents seem to be overlooking the point of the OP, but it does require actual reading of the OP post and some effort to understand.

Understanding is not for everyone , just us and them mentality rules hearts at times.

The crux of what I was saying is there's a place where all of us are blended and at home ...on such sites such as ATS.
Personally I think it would be of great therapeutic value to have mentally unbalanced people joining ATS and externalising in the cyber world as opposed to th ereal world when they are delusional.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

So, am I to understand that you are calling yourself insane?

(second line)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Maybe...... it's not working well enough on me, I still get out and interact with the public a lot each day.
Maybe with time I'll get so hooked I'll keep to the screen all day. It might be like many drugs that take a certain amount of time to become effective.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Personally I think it would be of great therapeutic value to have mentally unbalanced people joining ATS and externalising in the cyber world as opposed to th ereal world when they are delusional.

People suffering from delusions do not usually get along with others. Many delusional people within our agency live in the same buildings and interact with each other on a daily basis. If an individual attempts to relate their delusions to the other clients most of the time the others will come to staff saying something like "that guy is talking all crazy again" not even conscious of their own state. In essence, since they do not understand each other they will believe only what is in their own minds.

If a bunch of mentally ill folks came to ATS and did agree though don't you think it would cause more chaos that it would solve? lol
edit on 24-9-2011 by Sentience365 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2011 by Sentience365 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join