It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Conspiracy Sites Keeping The Insane off the Streets?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentience365
reply to post by Dr Expired

People suffering from delusions do not usually get along with others. Many delusional people within our agency live in the same buildings and interact with each other on a daily basis. If an individual attempts to relate their delusions to the other clients most of the time the others will come to staff saying something like "that guy is talking all crazy again" not even conscious of their own state. In essence, since they do not understand each other they will believe only what is in their own minds.

If a bunch of mentally ill folks came to ATS and did agree though don't you think it would cause more chaos that it would solve? lol
edit on 24-9-2011 by Sentience365 because: (no reason given)

Oh, I don't know (LOL) I read your comment and started to think about how often I bug my eyes out and mumble, "Man, we got a lot of nutters on this site!".... and go to post in another thread about my "abduction" experiences, without batting an eye......

I mumble it to myself, but then we got some that are liek the patient that turns to them and screams, "Will you stop with that crazy talk, you Eletard!".... and then we got the "Mods? Why isn't this in the Hoax bin??" (who are like the ones who go to the staff to complain.....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Haha I know exactly what you mean. It's all subjective, "crazy" is a brand used to instantly cast a dismissive light on an opposing party. We've all had some weird experiences, we just justify them differently, it's all good in the end (most of the time).

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

It might be true that people who talked about strange things ended up in asylums, but it doesn't mean they were insane.

Take the story of Phillip Russell, AKA Wally Hope...

Phil had been charged with possession of '___' in May 1975, and was then detained for ten weeks in a psychiatric institution under a Section of the Mental Health Act of 1959. He was unexpectedly discharged from there, and then took two days to drive, rather slowly, the seventy miles to a friend's house.

secure.wikimedia.org...

Wiki doesn't have the complete story. The friend was Penny Rimbaud, who later formed the band Crass. The house was Dial House, an open house ran by Penny and others. Penny investigated the 'murder' of Wally Hope and found evidence that he was killed by the state, because he was a political radical who was well known to the authorities as an agitator. Penny was threatened by unknown sources to stop the investigation, he become so scared in the end be buried all the evidence. This event is what caused him to become vocally anti-state and form the Anarchist band Crass.

Wally hope was neither insane nor did he kill himself. He was pumped full of drugs that eventually caused him to choke to death on his own vomit.

The mental health institutions were used often to simply shut people up.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentience365

Personally I think it would be of great therapeutic value to have mentally unbalanced people joining ATS and externalising in the cyber world as opposed to th ereal world when they are delusional.

People suffering from delusions do not usually get along with others. Many delusional people within our agency live in the same buildings and interact with each other on a daily basis. If an individual attempts to relate their delusions to the other clients most of the time the others will come to staff saying something like "that guy is talking all crazy again" not even conscious of their own state. In essence, since they do not understand each other they will believe only what is in their own minds.

If a bunch of mentally ill folks came to ATS and did agree though don't you think it would cause more chaos that it would solve? lol

This describes many interactions I have witnessed on ATS to a tee.
When agreement is reached it has its very own forum ie 9/11,UFos, Greys ect?

T

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

The fact that people tend to agree en masse in certain sections of this website lends to the belief that they have genuinely experienced something. Like I said before, delusional people don't tend to agree so I don't know why that would happen.

Could ATS be an exception to this observation? Maybe, but who knows what's really out there for a fact?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Na Conspiracy theorist aren't crazy, well not all of them in my short time here I've only ran into a few I would consider in need of being taken out of the public.

Anyways who wants to go on a magic carpet ride with me?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentience365

Well, that is how we determine objective reality- by how many people agree.
And yet, still, that turns out to be wrong, or to change, as in the recent findings about the speed of light.

I added the "change" deliberately..... I wonder if we can create objective reality through a big enough mass of collective consciousness sharing the same vision!

What if it was true once that no particles could go faster than light? ....and that changed?

There was the recent "speeding up" of radioactive decay, which blew us out of the water on what we believed about that being stable....but what if it WAS stable? ....and that changed?

We had more and more people envisioning possibilities together (like time travel, like beings traveling from distant stars to earth) and that set into motion the changes that needed to happen to lead to that vision?

We had more and more people envisioning together a New Age, or Spiritual Awakening in which time would speed up, and our current ideas on our past history would fall apart, and that set into motion changes that needed to happen to lead to that vision?

Ultimately, the "crazies" may just be the visionaries that set off outside the box to propose new visions for creations. If no one else is interest in their proposal, we lock them up and call them insane. If their vision appeals, we start to get into it with them, and join their wavelength, and as more join in on that collective consciousness frequency, creative power is set into motion!

I don't know. I'm brainstorming. My thought is that certain experiences and visions first grow in the collective consciousness..... then individuals experience it.....it emerges into subjective reality.
If they talk to others, those who aren't tuned into it can maybe influence them to "change channels" to a more currently approved one.

If they talk to others who also happened to fall upon this station, then they re-inforce each others tuning in on that and starts to emerge from the subjective, and with time and more minds added, it begins to emerge into Objective Reality.

People everywhere wanted change. Maybe we are the engineers of that change?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I agree and I do not for one second attempt to judge any delusional appearing person.

There are many accounts of schizophrenic individuals having uncanny supernatural insight and ability.

Buddhists warn of spiritual insights without guidance, of seeing without knowledge.

I have personally encountered a demon attempting to intimidate me because I offered him the chance to accept Christ.

Some here will now scoff perhaps and go oh no a christian deluded individual, but if anyone on ATS had experienced this encounter , you may think otherwise.

This entity or possessed man was at a portal in a suburban wall.

Communicating with the unmentionable.

Other witnessers will know I speak the truth when I say my heart pounded like a Jazz beat, when I saw him first.

Those not knowing will laugh or dismiss this or acknowledge it may be the truth.

There are many mansions but yet many cliff faces to fall from.

There is a reason we follow teachers in the spirit world, it is a very very dangerous place.

Sade sang hold onto your love, a very wise woman from African descent.

Why am I saying all of this?

We have a chance to help and share our understanding with fellow human beings all over this Earth.

May we be earnest.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Your story reminds me of something which took place at work one night.

I was working when I heard screaming and enraged shouting coming from one of our crisis client's rooms. I went to the room to see what was going on and the client told me that she was attacked. I asked her who attacked her and she described the person as one of our clients from upstairs, she claims he came in his metaphysical body.

Now this client she was talking about from upstairs had always claimed that he possessed supernatural abilities. He claimed that he could phase through walls, perform remote viewing, visit people astrally, etc. The thing is these two clients had never met before and since the woman had only arrived at our agency a couple of hours before going to bed. It was pretty much impossible that they had spoken.

This incident has always creeped me out, I told my boss and she got chills as well.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8

Originally posted by UniverSoul

Originally posted by greenCo

Originally posted by UniverSoul
the bad part is it keeps the 'sane' people in bigger numbers so they can help brainwash eachother

Brilliant! indeed how we can judge who is sane and who´s not?

i can assure you its the 'sane' people that create the 'insane' people

I like that " the sane people create the insane people. Their is a old philosophical story I wish I could remember who wrote it, any ways it goes like this.

Their once was a man who lived in a town. The time was in the 1600's. He saw that his government was adding poison to the water wells. So he found a clean source of water and drank that. Over time the majority of the people in the town started to become crazy. The man, who was drinking a clean source of water was labeled crazy by the town people because he was not like them because he was not drinking the water. In the end the man decides to drink the water and be crazy like every one else so he would not be look at as crazy.

I remember hearing this in high school philosophy, if any one knows the name of the story please post it. This is a VERY old philosophical story. I wonder how long civilizations have been adding stuff to water to control populations. It exactly what is happening today with flouried and other additives. The class was scripted, I was close to the teacher and knew she was working out of a pack given to her by the school administration.

Its better to just be like every one else. What kind of teaching is that for a high school student.

That’s a good story and easily applicable today. just replace the water with media, materialism and everything else
I did philosophy and never heard it but did hear similar style things, sort of reminds me of the Socrates era and people similar to him..
haha teachers are clueless most of the time, they push an agenda just as much as the media. the only teachers i liked were the ones who never taught from a book!
well the person who wrote this didn’t mean in it like that. But if there’s one thing I learnt is that schools always misinterpret things and therefore tell you their opinion as fact, which is very dangerous..

I remember learning Shakespeare and having the teacher say oh this means this and that. half the time they were way of and you didn’t need to be a genius to realise, just a logical thinker.

the problem with education like most things. is you need to be able to sort out the nonsense from fact..and when they dont teach you how to do that. kids end up taking opinion as fact and get mislead

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vivec

Oh mah gawdddddd. So what was the violation? You'd think the Forum Staff would be somewhat more intelligible or at least rid ignorance by shedding light as to which rule(s) were broken? I'm not attempting to pester, but would at least want to know why the comment was removed. Even quoting said reason why and providing a link to the rules would make me say "Oh #e, I'm an idiot." (Which I don't mind doing, if I am wrong.)

"A member of the forum staff, DontTreadOnMe, has sent you a warning regarding your activity on the thread titled, Are Conspiracy Sites Keeping The Insane off the Streets?. Your have....[useless junk, jk] your ats board total.
Do not reply to this U2U."

www.abovetopsecret.com... Seem to be following those simple rules also.

Ain't replying U2U, just p/off

edit on 9/24/2011 by Vivec because: Cut some crap (quoted) and followed the rules even more. You should just love me for that.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by Dr Expired

excuse me but

right here right now

its pretty insane not to be insane

stay in denial my friends

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
they may be keeping them out of the hospital by providing a place to vent and get feedback to form more clear thought processes..cause everybody knows, once they take you behind mars and put a siamese cat brain in your head-all bets are off.
spent 20 years helping the seriously mentally ill,
unfortunately they end up In the streets. or jails..
or die from accidents, in phoenix 24 died from dehydration
one summer. there for the grace of god go i.
mental problems can jump any body at any time.
you are your own outreach center.
carry on.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Nothing is keeping the insane off the streets. When diagnosed with insanity you get ssi and if you get ssi you get more than 600$ a month. You are not legally alowed to keep more than 2000$ at one time,forcing these people onto the streets,to spend that money before it reaches over 2000$.

Keeping a constant wave of psycho paths moving towards things they usually do not need.
edit on 25-9-2011 by gossipnancy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I am not saying everyone on ATS is insane, far from it, just perhaps a significant number, who now have a means to express their inner voices free from arrest and public taunts?

So, you have been registered as an ATS member for 3 months and what have you contributed to the search for truth in any particular matter? Or have you joined not to throw the balls but to bat them away? By your denunciation of "a significant number" of ATS members, what are you actually stating? Aren't you actually saying, "I am sane! I am rational."? Okay, you are a sane, sober and rational person with all his wits about him. Great! So what do you hope to gain by reading the various topics on the ATS board? I mean shouldn't such a sane person stay away from a conspiracy theorist's site? Or have you come to help the insane and deluded onto the path of rationality and sanity? If so, how may I ask are you qualified to do that? Have you qualifications in domain of mental health?

Have you ever been taunted by members of the public? Were you taunted at High school? Were you bullied or something? Did you have a speech impediment which you have managed to correct in later life? Do you smile or smirk?

I haven't checked out your member profile or anything as you have already told me more than I need to know from your post. But, I am willing to bet you are one of the terrific sports who hangs around the UFO board jumping in with "a helicopter spotlight", or "Chinese lanterns" and have already ingratiated yourself with Phage.

Aren't you concerned that by associating with so many members who are hiding out here catharting their varying states of madness, that you may become infected? Did you know that there is a high rate of depression, madness and suicide amongst mental health professionals?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golden Rule

I am not saying everyone on ATS is insane, far from it, just perhaps a significant number, who now have a means to express their inner voices free from arrest and public taunts?

So, you have been registered as an ATS member for 3 months and what have you contributed to the search for truth in any particular matter? Or have you joined not to throw the balls but to bat them away? By your denunciation of "a significant number" of ATS members, what are you actually stating? Aren't you actually saying, "I am sane! I am rational."? Okay, you are a sane, sober and rational person with all his wits about him. Great! So what do you hope to gain by reading the various topics on the ATS board? I mean shouldn't such a sane person stay away from a conspiracy theorist's site? Or have you come to help the insane and deluded onto the path of rationality and sanity? If so, how may I ask are you qualified to do that? Have you qualifications in domain of mental health?

Have you ever been taunted by members of the public? Were you taunted at High school? Were you bullied or something? Did you have a speech impediment which you have managed to correct in later life? Do you smile or smirk?

I haven't checked out your member profile or anything as you have already told me more than I need to know from your post. But, I am willing to bet you are one of the terrific sports who hangs around the UFO board jumping in with "a helicopter spotlight", or "Chinese lanterns" and have already ingratiated yourself with Phage.

Aren't you concerned that by associating with so many members who are hiding out here catharting their varying states of madness, that you may become infected? Did you know that there is a high rate of depression, madness and suicide amongst mental health professionals?

Nasty pasty post there , keep up the work, or better still ,get some sleep.
If you are honest you would concede Iam not attacking anyone , unlike you.
If you are insane , I do not judge you, keep posting , everyone is welcome.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Nasty pasty post there , keep up the work, or better still ,get some sleep.
If you are honest you would concede I am not attacking anyone , unlike you.
If you are insane , I do not judge you, keep posting , everyone is welcome.

Now hold on a minute there squire. You say I am being dishonest by not conceding that you aren't attacking anyone? Where did I say you are attacking anyone? I asked you a whole bunch of questions to which you were not predisposed to answer any of them. I asked you two very relevant questions in the light of your opening post - 1.) Are you a trained mental health worker? and 2.) Are you not afraid of being infected by the significant number of ATS members you have deemed to be suffering from forms of insanity? Oh yes and 3.) Do you consider yourself to be sane or insane and if you could perhaps give some explanation as to why you classify yourself as either.

Did you really expect to enter a post such as you have done, declaring a significant number of ATS posters insane and who are hiding out at ATS,being alleviated of some of that insanity by a catharsis of posting insane drivel in the various forums and get away with it? Did you expect posters to reply in a guilty defensive manner?

You owe a significant number of posters an explanation I think buddy.

For example, you might post some links to ATS threads you consider were posted by some of that significant number of whacko Jackos. And then perhaps compare them with their antithesis - you know, some posts that express sanity and rational observation.

Thank you Dr Expired.

edit on 26-9-2011 by Golden Rule because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Thanks for all the sane replies on the whole.
Some twisted people like to attack members who post a rhetorical question, but whatever gets the rage out for them is ok...its all good.
Perhaps I should have asked how many trolls on ATS are insane?
Something tells me the quality of respondents may have been better.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join