It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is Tazing people not dangerous?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

If you look at how this girl falls, what are the chances someone cracks their head when they hit the ground? Can't be that safe.

Loss of Balance If you're hit with a taser gun you will, most likely, lose your balance and fall to the ground. The shock imposed by the gun can cause muscle contracture and significant pain. The problem is not in the fall or loss of balance itself but in an individual's inability to regain his balance or break his fall as he is being tasered. The inability to maintain balance may cause scrapes, cuts, fractures and sometimes even broken bones as the taser victim hits the ground. Read more: www.livestrong.com...

Okay, so if two people are in a barfight, one person gets punched out and cracks their head (dies), they get charged for? Hmm.

Taser use seems irresponsible to me. Uncontrolled and irresponsible. Nevermind cases where they are used and should obviously not even be considered.

The city of Portland, Oregon, paid $145,000 to settle an action brought by a 71-year-old woman who had been tasered. 21 The woman had refused to obey orders that she not enter a trailer, so the officers involved hit her in the head with a taser, knocking her to the ground, and then shot her three times with the taser. 2

I suppose this could have gone in the rant section...

In other news.

A dancing Star Trooper:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I heard 2 complaints on the news about them today, cases out of Ontario.

One guy was tasered and the taser grabber thingy latched onto/into his ear, and messed it up bad, and another guy got tasered on his balcony and fell 3 stories down.

I hope they go under review again. At least when all the cops had was guns, you didn't expect them to use them for the little things.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.cbc.ca...

edit on 23-9-2011 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

...and messed it up bad, and another guy got tasered on his balcony and fell 3 stories down.

That would probably fall in the "unsafe" category.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I always wonder about people with heart problems too. They seem the likeliest to die.

In the winters, I get really bad shocks off of half the things I touch, I can't even imagine how a taser would feel. I hope I never find out. Especially in the winter

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I always wonder about people with heart problems too. They seem the likeliest to die.

In the winters, I get really bad shocks off of half the things I touch, I can't even imagine how a taser would feel. I hope I never find out. Especially in the winter

I can't see it as a good thing. We spend all our lives telling our kids not to put there finger in the electrical socket, or touch anything else energized and then....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Not sure if this is true, but I've heard before that if you were to tase a police officer, you could be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

And yet, they are able to tase us with impunity. I've seen people tased before, and there is nothing cool about it. Actually saw a guy fall and bang his head pretty hard on the concrete, as Boncho mentioned. Nothing like a double standard, eh?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
Not sure if this is true, but I've heard before that if you were to tase a police officer, you could be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

And yet, they are able to tase us with impunity. I've seen people tased before, and there is nothing cool about it. Actually saw a guy fall and bang his head pretty hard on the concrete, as Boncho mentioned. Nothing like a double standard, eh?

First of all,you shouldn't even be in a situation to taze a cop. Pull out a tazer and watch how fast you get shot.And you'll deserve it too.And no,I'm not a cop and noone in my family is.

Anyway,as for the op.i've been tazed before and it's not fun. Fell right on down on concrete.I didn't get hurt.So I imagine it just depends on the person. And what's up with that first video? Looks like some sort of training video.Maybe it's just me.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

And what's up with that first video? Looks like some sort of training video.Maybe it's just me.

Which part, her hitting the ground or her in handcuffs?

By the way, one person falling on the ground and not hurting themselves doesn't make it safe for everyone. However, a person hurting themselves does make it unsafe everyone.

See dictionary definition: Uncontrollable

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

First of all,you shouldn't even be in a situation to taze a cop. Pull out a tazer and watch how fast you get shot.And you'll deserve it too.

I was in no way advocating the tasing of police officers, just illustrating a double standard. I find it interesting that you believe even pointing a taser at another human being deserves a summary punishment of death, however.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

And what's up with that first video? Looks like some sort of training video.Maybe it's just me.

By the way, one person falling on the ground and not hurting themselves doesn't make it safe for everyone. However, a person hurting themselves does make it unsafe everyone.

As a former gymnast I must say that 80% of people have completely lost their natural acrobatic ability and have no clue how to fall properly.

Getting tazzed completely eliminates the possibility of a "safe" fall as it paralyzes you.

Tazzing people is extremely dangerous, but would you rather get blasted with pistol or have your eyes chemically burned with mace?

I believe the proper term for these things is LESS LETHAL, so it can be argued that they make no claims to it not being dangerous.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

Originally posted by nightstalker78

First of all,you shouldn't even be in a situation to taze a cop. Pull out a tazer and watch how fast you get shot.And you'll deserve it too.

I was in no way advocating the tasing of police officers, just illustrating a double standard. I find it interesting that you believe even pointing a taser at another human being deserves a summary punishment of death, however.

I know you weren't advocating it,but it seemed liked you were suggesting it's okay.Sure it's a double standard.But you know what? Not every cop is crooked and tazes people just for the hell of it man. They do it to protect themselves and I can't say i blame them given how much trash is out to kill them.

Put yourself in their shoes...Nowhere did I say it's okay to kill someone.They're trained to react..and I can guarentee that most of the cop bashers on this site would react exactly like most cops do. It's just human nature.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

No,the whole thing. It just doesn't seem.,.real? If it is it's probably a clip from the show cops which has been edited. If you watch it..you can ssee the cop shooting the tazer..and it clearly misses yet you can still hear it ?! That's why I'm thinking this is a training video.

ETA :
that first video is from a tru tv show... no wonder it's so lame.
edit on 24-9-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
the either the lightest taze i have ever seen or that girl was feeling pretty high and numb.

she handled that well... too well. I hate to be hacking on her if this really did happen but there was something highly weird about that whole scenario. why is mister cop not screaming to video taker to put the camera away as he tases a seemingly pregnant female? No way... something is very wrong here.

this just doesn't add up... i don't buy this video one bit. sorry op... nothin against ya... but no, that wasn't even a taze.. i have no idea what that was supposed to be... and she is all calm and talking her way out of it pretty good and all happy.

she doesn't really otherwise seem high but people are notorious for sometimes turning into blossoming socialites who don't feel pain while high on crack.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

As a former gymnast I must say that 80% of people have completely lost their natural acrobatic ability and have no clue how to fall properly.

Getting tazzed completely eliminates the possibility of a "safe" fall as it paralyzes you.

Tazzing people is extremely dangerous, but would you rather get blasted with pistol or have your eyes chemically burned with mace?

I believe the proper term for these things is LESS LETHAL, so it can be argued that they make no claims to it not being dangerous.

I can safely say the spray is no fun.

that taser wasn't even on in that video or something because the firs one didn't phase her and the second one she is ... it's like she is waiting on him to hurry up and do it again for the camera.

Come to think of it... there is NOTHING real about this video.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
i was tasered in Oregon while I was being held down face down. it lasted more than two minutes until I passed out. I didn't regain consciousness until over a day later in the hospital. police are out of control with tasers. people have died from them. they are killer weapons.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

I think it was shot once and didn't hit her. Not sure... There is a caption on the video that says the circumstances around the arrest.

Maybe this video works better for you.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrd101
i was tasered in Oregon while I was being held down face down. it lasted more than two minutes until I passed out. I didn't regain consciousness until over a day later in the hospital. police are out of control with tasers. people have died from them. they are killer weapons.

I was sprayed in the eyes while inside a cell alone. the bitch shot me through the door. Then they put some kind of sedative in my food... when I'm pretty sure was xanex because I'm allergic to it and I recognize the effects from other times of being forced to take it.

i was left in a glass holding cell for about 24 hours right in front of the booking room where people were coming and going freely and the only way i could use the bathroom was to pull my one piece jumpsuit all the way down to my knees.

I MAY have also been tased but if so, the taser was hidden from me underneath the metal cot... that i was already laying down on. I think a loy of time the cop goes ahead and tases the perp just if he is bigger than him... regardless of whether or not he's resisting or how many cops are on the scene.

I for one, am a 90 lb female.

I might have gotten a little mouthy with the guard, but she started it and I was definitely not resisting. I had just freely walked into the cell, turned around when she hit me right in the eyes and slammed the door... what a bitch.

and then stood there on the other side of the glass making faces and blowing kisses to me and laughing at me because i had no water to throw in my eyes.

edit on 24-9-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It beats getting shot 50 times by a 9mm in my opinion Most of the time it also beats boots and nightsticks

I thought that this was why these weapons are usually called "less lethal"

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
It beats getting shot 50 times by a 9mm in my opinion Most of the time it also beats boots and nightsticks

I thought that this was why these weapons are usually called "less lethal"

it DOES beat it... that's why they can get away with it so much more.

it's not that they are using it... they are using it to excess. a weapon should only be used if someone is really resisting... because it can kill some people. If it kills someone, you want it to be the person who was acting out and being violent... not the one just not moving fast enough for the cop... because maybe they are sick or don't know better. why would anybody want that on their conscience?

Since the COPS are made to do it and survive... they think everybody else can take it. Some people can't take it... that's why they need to understand that it's STILL a weapon. they seem to see it more as a precaution. they are trained with it as an uncomfortable exercise... so they think everybody else can go through it as well... but not everybody wants to work for the police and not everybody is covered by the health and life insurance.

Some things should just come naturally to people but with as many people who have been hurt by them... it's clear that the proper use of this WEAPON is not being understood. They play with it... to them it's a toy.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

I dont fully disagree with that at all. My main point was what is the alternative? Getting tackled and subdued by several officers at once? What happens at that point fists, boots, nightsticks? Is this safer than a tazer, less damaging?

I do not argue that the police are not using excessive force at times but I'd rather they have a less lethal option. You may die if you are tazed but you will die if you are shot .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join