It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women In The U.S. Military Being Raped By Commanding Officers! With NO Recourse!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
How can a woman trust her male counter parts in the military, especially in a combat situation, when they have to live in fear of being raped by their own people? The people that are supposed to help you. Protect you and keep you safe as you are supposed to do for them?

I mean, if I were raped by my commanding officer or any of my fellow soldiers, I would not be up for protecting them.... You know?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Originally posted by Viking9019
Get rid of the women in the military..... they are ruining it anyway.
jk

Men would still rape other men in the military, I hear that happens a lot too.

I can tell you thats happened.. but not 'a lot'. Whoever is giving you the flow of inside info doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

As far as your comment about getting rid of the military.. that's a pretty ignorant statement. I also take offense to that as I have deployed twice (regardless of our politicians agenda) to protect your freedom and you want me/us gone? Thanks, I appreciate that.

Women in the military are, by far, the innocent lambs.. women know they can use the rape and gender card any time they want. I've known a lot of girls who chose to get pregnant so they didn't deploy, or get out of the army.. whatever. I have even seen PLENTY of women sleep with superiors to advance in rank, and if they don't get promoted they threaten to ruin the superiors careers.

Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of A hole males that don't deserve to lead Soldiers, or should have been screened to join in the first place... but the Army has 500,000 people filling its ranks.. kinda hard when you have a number to fill.. and besides, it's not like the rest of this nation is running to the recruiters office.
edit on 23-9-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

"Economic Conscripts"
Many join the military because unless you can pay your way thru college there isnt very many other ways, Gone are the days you could show up in khakis with a good attitude and walk away with a job.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
if you bombard Guys into being one minded killing machines, all day and all night some will snap...

I am in no way saying this is alrght or acceptable but sadly this is fact... im not saying every man in the army/airforce or navy will snap, im not saying that every individual proffession in the military will cause this, i imagine special forces etc. have a much lower rate of Male/Female rape etc as these soldiers are more diciplined and get less down time so are always being watched and being dragged through training...

There is however areas of the army that after a long time serving will cause morals to fall into a gray area, its 1 of the MANY horrible side effects of war...

Keep women and men seperate... this will at least prevent women from being mistreated... sadly however it cant protect men.

(as a side note.. there are some proffessions that are still (or should still be) sex driven women make more empathetic nurses, men make better killing machines)

i am all for equal rights.. equal pay etc.. i do think at times sexes have specific roles they deal with better.

I don't know. Bombard me with whatever you want. I am going to go rape a woman or any one else. Period. I think people who commit rape, have a certain mind set to begin with... and they had it before joining the military.

I do not think we should have to separate men and women... Fellow soldiers. This is what they are.... They are supposed to be protecting each other..... those who cannot do that and end up hurting their allies..... Well, they need to be kicked out, dishonorably discharged thrown in jail for a long time....

Instead we are apparently doing nothing.... No, separating men and women should not be the solution.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by bozzchem

Unacceptable answer to the problem. That is essentially saying it is acceptable for rape to occur, because women should not be there. How is that an appropriate response to violence against women? In the military or otherwise?

edit on 23-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

My answer is neither unacceptable nor was it condoning rape. I won't put words in your mouth and would appreciate it if you did likewise.

My answer was quite simple and would remedy the problem. I have no sons but do have daughters. I can assure you that rape is something I take quite seriously. Should one of my daughters insist upon putting herself in a position that enhances her chances of such an occurrence, I will do my damndest to convince her otherwise.

Don't poke a beehive and your chances of being stung are minimal.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is another example of why NO ONE with their head screwed on right would EVER join the military, man or woman.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
if you bombard Guys into being one minded killing machines, all day and all night some will snap...

I am in no way saying this is alrght or acceptable but sadly this is fact... im not saying every man in the army/airforce or navy will snap, im not saying that every individual proffession in the military will cause this, i imagine special forces etc. have a much lower rate of Male/Female rape etc as these soldiers are more diciplined and get less down time so are always being watched and being dragged through training...

There is however areas of the army that after a long time serving will cause morals to fall into a gray area, its 1 of the MANY horrible side effects of war...

Keep women and men seperate... this will at least prevent women from being mistreated... sadly however it cant protect men.

(as a side note.. there are some proffessions that are still (or should still be) sex driven women make more empathetic nurses, men make better killing machines)

i am all for equal rights.. equal pay etc.. i do think at times sexes have specific roles they deal with better.

I don't know. Bombard me with whatever you want. I am going to go rape a woman or any one else. Period. I think people who commit rape, have a certain mind set to begin with... and they had it before joining the military.

I do not think we should have to separate men and women... Fellow soldiers. This is what they are.... They are supposed to be protecting each other..... those who cannot do that and end up hurting their allies..... Well, they need to be kicked out, dishonorably discharged thrown in jail for a long time....

Instead we are apparently doing nothing.... No, separating men and women should not be the solution.

I agree with your first sentence.. and i clearly state in my openeing sentences i do not think it will happen to everyone... i do however beleive certain people with a certain mindset when broken down and re built as a killing machine will snap...

Now if you take into account (from my experiences anyway) there are a lot of Nasty people who either join the army to get out of trouble/join the army because they think they can be a generally bad person all the time, now very few make it through basic but some do... you let them kill for 5 year they will not be stable in the head.. we know this happens... psych assesments have proven this...

Sadly people out there will be rapists, just like there will be murders and there will be pedophiles....
but if you knew there was a chance that there were people who were pedophiles would you allow them near kids (if you couldnt prove they were pedophiles untill it was too late?)

Stresses of war, PTS does horrible things to good people, they kill there friends the commit suicide the start enjoying killing.. morals get lessened... sadly its the only real way you will always be able to prevent it..

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Wait a minute....now I do not condone rape of any kind nor anywhere man on man or man on woman. Do not pretend rape does not occur everywhere there are men and women. Do not blame evreyone in the military for the actions of a few. Is it a serious problem...yes.

There were a reported 191,670 rapes reported in 2005 in the US and the estimate is that only 16% of all rapes are reported. Alcohol plays a big part in rape and the abuse of alcohol. Most rape victims know their attacker. This is one reason why so many victims are reluctant to come forward. Rape is prevalent in society so it is also prevalent in the military.

Should Commanders take every action possiable...YES and this includes protecting the accused as well as the accuser. Lots of false accusations and lots of true accusations. Everything must be done the right way. Often the accuser is made to feel as if they did something wrong, and we as a society need to change this. We must also not jump to conclusions and automatically condemn the accused. Most every Commander does every thing they can do to get to the truth. Please do not pretend that rape will go away if you dismantle the military.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

You make some very good points about accusers/accusees. A lot of ordinary, well-meaning people have had their lives thrown for a loop over that stuff too. But as far as curtailing it in the military, maybe there's a better way of "training" these beasts instead of getting them drunk and teaching them patriotic chants to yell at the top of their lungs while they break beer bottles over their foreheads.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There are rapes in the military.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenWeenie
reply to post by DJMSN

maybe there's a better way of "training" these beasts instead of getting them drunk and teaching them patriotic chants to yell at the top of their lungs while they break beer bottles over their foreheads.

Your image of the military soldiers is extremely distorted and it shows your ignorance on the subject. There is Equal Opportunity training quarterly.. but it doesn't fix it. The same people on the outside raping people are joining.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Get rid of the military..... it's bankrupting the nation anyway.

That is the most foolish statement ive heard in quite a while........

There are bad apples in every bunch........you have to deal with them I agree.......

You dont stop eating food because you get a bad case of the trotts......

Get rid of the military and youll be wishing you hadnt in short order..........

the Soldiers should be spending half their time producing goods for us to make money off of since they use up all of our country's budget anyways. It's the least they could do.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
they are no longer issued bayonets?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
the Soldiers should be spending half their time producing goods for us to make money off of since they use up all of our country's budget anyways. It's the least they could do.

surely you jest.. you can't be THAT uneducated.. seriously?
Do you have any idea WHAT is going on?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

My ignorance? They get free beer, don't they? They are all taught some friendly, "team-building" chants. They are trained to kill. On top of that, they are horny young adults in a foreign country! Everything I said is true, and I wasn't being snarky about it. You don't think this type of environment condones rape?
edit on 23-9-2011 by greenWeenie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenWeenie
reply to post by 31Bravo

My ignorance? They get free beer, don't they?

*dry heaving*... NO.

They are all taught some friendly, "team-building" chants.

Yes.. its called 'espirit de corp' (you have a lot of pride) being less than 2% of the population that chooses to goto college, and not do anything for their country. By the way it's not chants, that would be 'cadance' and it's only sung during a run to regulate your breathing.

They are trained to kill.

Yes.

Everything I said is true, and I wasn't being snarky about it.

Not hardly. Ignorance is obviously daunting you and I strongly recommend you talk with someone who is in and ask them before you make assumptions.. A lot of Soldiers have families that they care for just as much as you care for yours. You cut a military member and they bleed, just like you.. stop acting like they are a bunch of savages.

You don't think this type of environment condones rape?

Sure, but so does every day life.. the most unreported crime in the U.S. is rape, and that has nothing to do with military that is the UCR (Uniformed Crime Report)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

surely you jest.. you can't be THAT stupid seriously
Do you have any idea WHAT is going on?

Apparently the US Military is accepting individuals who rape as civilians according to you. That and there are 19k rapes per year for a number of years. That is what is going on.

The truth is no man or woman deserves to be raped. Not in the military or in the "real" world.

You want to solve this problem? Do what so many civilians have suggested in the past. If a man rapes, cut his manhood off. Surely these military men are not all about their ding a lings. Let these "real" men serve out their careers with no ding dong. You could do that, or the military could grow a pair themselves and deal with this issue by prosecuting these vial creatures they call soldiers.

The excuse of you can't start prosecuting these officiers is pure bs. What you can't have is people going around raping others. Period.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

as much as this would be a wonderful thing to do, china have reserves of 200 million soldiers and don't hang about when it comes to occupying (most of southern asia by now via proxy)

that's more than the entire western world could probably muster.

best to keep one or two, eh?

edit on 23-9-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

If china comits 200 Million soldiers, thats a 6th of their population and probably around a quarter of their male population. Such numbers have not been seen since World war one and two and even then it was only a minority of countries who committed such a high percentage of their population to the war.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

exactly.

but this is what national service produces.

if it kicks off, china will have 200 million trained personal to work with.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Langerer

Apparently the US Military is accepting individuals who rape as civilians according to you. That and there are 19k rapes per year for a number of years. That is what is going on.

Where did you get 19k? Did you just guess a number that sounds good an post it?

The truth is no man or woman deserves to be raped. Not in the military or in the "real" world.

Right, but you think we should make goods for you to bring the deficit down because we're spending all the money.. that is the most uneducated statement I've ever heard. Soldiers don't spend government money you do realize this.. don't you?

You want to solve this problem? Do what so many civilians have suggested in the past. If a man rapes, cut his manhood off. Surely these military men are not all about their ding a lings. Let these "real" men serve out their careers with no ding dong. You could do that, or the military could grow a pair themselves and deal with this issue by prosecuting these vial creatures they call soldiers.

This is so unrealistic I'm not even going to comment on why this is wrong, and a horrible idea.

Oh wait.. how about if you touch a girl and she calls the cops on you, and you get convicted of rape you get your "ding dong" cut off.. yea great idea

The excuse of you can't start prosecuting these officiers is pure bs. What you can't have is people going around raping others. Period.

I agree with this, but your recent statement was out of control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join