It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armstrong to NASA: You're Embarrassing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Is this video legit, or is that an Armstrong Impersonator?

"It's probably a fake Bible" wow what a lame excuse to get out of admitting he never walked on the moon

(a youtube poster's reply to the video)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
here's some more "hero" footage.

....some hero....

www.break.com... (LOVE watching that old fart knock the guy down with a right cross!) XD too funny.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Well, it may little to anyone born after 1970, but this man was and remains a national hero.

It appears very stark that a man who represent the living memory of one of the finest moments in American history, pointing out the decay and fall of the organization responsible for crowning technical achievement of the 20th century.

"For a country that has invested so much for so long to achieve a leadership position in space exploration and exploitation, this condition is viewed by many as lamentably embarrassing and unacceptable."

Armstrong was part of a four-member panel of space experts who told lawmakers that NASA needs a stronger vision for the future and should focus on returning humans to the moon and to the International Space Station.

"A lead, however earnestly and expensively won, once lost, is nearly impossible to regain," said the US astronaut, now 81, who was commander of Apollo 11 and walked on the moon in 1969.

news.discovery.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

There were only two times Walter Cronkite ever cried on the air. The first was the assassination of J.F.K and the second was when Armstrong walked on the moon. Armstrong did not say the walk on the moon was for America, it was for humanity. The plaque on the moon reads, "We came in peace for all mankind". Perhaps there is something to be said for the quietness of space that brings the thought of wanting peace for Earth.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
that funny.

woooow dood.

i read that article like 4 times, and really slow too...

and i did not see the part where Armstrong told NASA "you're embarrassing."

i see people are up to thier old # again...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So I can't believe that nobody brought this up but the Russian rocket that we were to rely upon malfunctioned and exploded on its first cargo trip. Apparent design flaw means that no there really is no access. Not that access from another country was good enough anyway...

Neil doesn't speak out much. This is a big deal.
Additionally, no fly zones on the moon, the end of the U.S. shuttle program, comets and satellites falling.
Something is up people and it is bigger than just finances.

The space program and the NASA warnings to employees...
I don't know but I think the goings on at NASA are our best indicator and clues the real "behind the scenes".

Just wish we could actually know what it is.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
oh im pretty sure we have some things that go to space that has nothing to do with nasa.....civilian groups are going to space....you really think civilian tech is that far ahead of military tech?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

When 30 guys at an old desert airstrip can do what NASA does for pennies on the dollar and with a perfect safety record, you have a problem.

This is an accurate summation of the state of NASA.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer
oh im pretty sure we have some things that go to space that has nothing to do with nasa.....civilian groups are going to space....you really think civilian tech is that far ahead of military tech?

All those telecommunication satellites are there. If those crashed then we would no more ATS and then would have to rely on ground communication. The drawback to the space age is that it is not really more advanced, it just makes things quicker.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
They have had there day.
now Stop wasting money.
and let the privet companies do it.
for to much is spent on sciences.
look at the giant high speed rides!
Cern. only atoms get to ride it

yes they comp up with some weird stuff.
but the money would be better spend making the word work NOW.
Not in 50 years or more.
if they stopped wasting so much money on
War, space, science and other stuff.
we would have 80% less money spent. just a guess!
what is the point of having future technology.
when you have a society that is getting nothing Wright?
ever thing is rush't in far to quickly.
and ends up doing damage.
trillions are still being spent on space.
but its black ops now.
so the people get No benefits from it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Max, I feel the same way as Armstrong does. It was far beyond stupid to retire the Space Shuttle program without a viable replacement ready to step in. The bad thing is, NASA's next incarnation of space travel doesnt even include a vehicle for low earth orbit! The Shuttle replacement is designed to go to asteroids and Mars, but no love for the Moon...

It's worse than you think. The Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle (MPCV) can not, in and of itself, go to the asteroids or Mars. The MPCV has a habitable volume only 1/5th that of the Shuttle and can operate for up to 21 days. Most Mars mission profiles are around 21 MONTHS. Nobody is going to Mars in this vehicle. It simply isn't possible.

It would be a component of such missions, because it can handle the high reentry speeds returning from deep space, but it's only one piece. It will take astronauts from the Earth to the actual Mars craft, and return them at the end of the mission. NASA saying the MPCV will take us to Mars is like saying the car I drive to the airport will take me to Paris. I need my car to get to the aircraft that will fly me to Paris, and to get back home when I return, but it really isn't taking me to Paris, just as the MPCV won't really take us to Mars. NASA is intentionally misleading the public.

So what about the vehicle that really would take us to Mars? It is not approved, planned or budgeted. Right now, it is only fantasy. I suppose that once the MPCV is flying (about 2021), NASA will ask for the funds to build the other components that would actually make it useful for deep space exploration. By itself, it's a spaceship to nowhere.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well america is not so bright financially, it makes sense to cut back on your losses... I mean, we got satellites so what else can the space program contribute? Going to the moon or finding out there was life on mars millions of years ago will benefit humans and americans how?

Cut your losses man.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

"We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up on black projects, and it would take an act of god to ever get them out to benefit humanity. Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do."

Pretty strong words from the former director of Lockhead Skunk Works.........

And he is not the only one to speak!

And aliens working with humans? Yep.......

And why is the american government bankrupt? Where did $2.3 TRILLIONS go one day prior to 9-11???

And who is phil schneider? He seems to know a lot.....

Has your jaw dropped yet? Any cold chills going down your spine? Wake up people. We have been taken for FOOLS for a long time. NASA is a front for make-believe space exploration to keep people hallucinated. ATS used to have ABOVE top secret information, but its getting to be a little too mainstream imo......

edit on 9/24/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: fixed first video

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The space program hasn't really done much beyond becoming a black hole for for vast amounts of money for the past three decades. It is no longer where the inventions are coming out of.
Transistors, microchips and velcro are about all it's given me that 'I' have benefitted from the space program.
The affordable PC came out of a garage
The modern cell phone/ipad we can thank Star Trek, OS & TNG, Once some private citizen actually invents a working transporter the space program will be obsolete.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2PLUS2IS22

Is this video legit, or is that an Armstrong Impersonator?

"It's probably a fake Bible" wow what a lame excuse to get out of admitting he never walked on the moon

(a youtube poster's reply to the video)

Obviously only masons can go to the moon and come back to keep their mouths shut. Halliluhijah, but he was a 32nd degree mason and not 33. Not to mention the non-disclosure agreements they had to sign was redundant.

We are talking about the mafia...OUMERTA to the #in grave while tax payers get lynched and then thrown to the damm wolves. Sorry for my "bad english".

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Which is the most embarrassing apart, imo.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

That represents American dependency on Russia, not the American exceptionalism I grew up with. I was a young girl when the first moonwalk came on TV. I grew up believing in this American exceptionialism, and certain people in charge now are letting everything slip through our fingers, economy, our industry, even NASA. It's disgusting and I'm sick of it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Like others have stated, this is probably just a pause and readjustment in the public end of the space program. If you really think about it there has to be some overlap in the military/nasa programs. Things will eventually filter out from the military side.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I didn't know that about the He3. Wow, thanks for that. Maybe this has more to do with someone's Green Agenda than it does throwing away American exceptionalism. It really started I think though in the 80's with some mishaps in space.
The Nephilim and NWO do not want us to be energy independent because they make money off making us miserable.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

100 pounds of he3 @ 5 million a gram would be around $226,500,000,000

the cost benefit analysis works and then the income generated by those energy plants plus the job creation and other technology that comes with it.

if i did the math right

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join