It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aboriginal Australian is world's first explorers: genetic study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Lock of hair pins down early migration of Aborigines

DNA sequencing of a 100-year-old lock of hair has established Aboriginal Australians have a longer continuous association with the land than any other race of people. Sequencing of a West Australian Aboriginal man's hair shows he was directly descended from a migration out of Africa into Asia that took place about 70,000 years ago.

The finding, published today in the journal Science, rewrites the history of the human species by confirming humans moved out of Africa in waves of migrations rather than in one single out-of-Africa diaspora. The study is based on a lock of hair donated to British anthropologist Alfred Haddon by an Aboriginal man from the Goldfields region of Western Australia in the early 20th century. The genome, shown to have no genetic input from modern European Australians, reveals the ancestors of the Aboriginal man separated from the ancestors of other human populations 64,000 to 75,000 years ago. Aboriginal Australians therefore descend directly from the earliest modern explorers - people who migrated into Asia before finally reaching Australia.

Australia was the first place to be colonised; Eurasians remained in the Middle East until 24,000 years ago.

Comparison with Eurasian populations show that the Australian Aborigines have a similar percentage of Neanderthal genes within their DNA as their Eurasian counterparts, suggesting that any interbreeding occurred before the Aborigines embarked on their colonising journey. The findings of these researchers are supported by an independent study, published this week in the American Journal of Human Genetics, which looks at the characteristic DNA from an extinct, archaic form of human, the Denisovans. Denisovans lived over 30,000 years ago, and contributed genes mostly to present-day New Guineans.

More at these links here
bbc.science
aboriginal-dna-dates-australian-arrival
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23/9/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: Links

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Ah, back to calling Aborigines "primatives"

"But why would you jump to this conclusion?" Isn't the older your DNA is, the less adaptation has occurred? Sooner or later, someone's going to use this evidence as a means of believing in what I'm just joking about.

Besides, I don't think they traveled that route.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
it makes sense especially about the Ancient Japanese Ainu looking very much like an Australian aboriginal, more information about the Ainu in slayer69's awesome topic www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now the question is how did one race of ocean people travel the sea's before anyone else, and if they are amongst the first builder's of ancient monument's how did they do it?!

edit on 01/18/2011 by camouflaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

ive always thought this
good thread

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hey, neat, I just posted in this forum about the Aborigine people too, just before you did. What are the odds?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

Here is a pic of some Australian aboriginals

Here is a pic from slayers thread

edit on 23/9/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

I do see some similarity's in the bone structure of a few of these faces, but the fact that Australian aboriginals are very dark and the aniu look white, and don't seem to have an Afro ?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi
Hey, neat, I just posted in this forum about the Aborigine people too, just before you did. What are the odds?

Lol here is a Link to your thread,
Nice work.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

World's oldest axe found in Australia,

SYDNEY — Archaeologists revealed they have found a piece of a stone axe dated as 35,500 years old on sacred Aboriginal land in Australia, the oldest object of its type ever found.

Here is my other thread about the worlds oldest axe www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
But the first quote discredits the headline.
(Don't you think?)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
No new information really. This has been known for a long time.

Australian people have DNA close to African...
Wow...

Humans have 90+ % of the same DNA as a Chimpanzee....So What.

Its been said for years....Australian Natives are NOT African Negroes.

Africans do Not have Neanderthal DNA traces.

Australians also have VERY European Features that Africans lack.

They DO NOT Have fuzzy Afro Hair, they have curly hair to straight hair.

They often HAVE lots of body hair...much like Europeans.

Their Children are often born with blonde and sandy brown hair, that goes black with age, just like European children. Yes Im talking about full bloods. I Know, I have worked with them in Central Oz.

They did not use the Bow and Arrow, which means their culture was not exposed to that technology, BUT they developed very sophisticated spears for different applications, and the brilliantly engineered Boomerang, not to mention the ingenious Womera, a special throwing attachment for a spear, that effectively extended the leverage of the throwing arm, culminating in massive power.

With the current knowledge that Neanderthals had Red and probably fair hair, not to mention fair skin, I would think that the Australian Aboriginal ARE the DIRECT descenants of the European Neanderthal/Cro Magnon/Sapien, mixture and are indeed the Ancestors of ALL Non African tribes of the Earth.

Another thread on ATS, also talks of the "White European" Pre-Maori people of New Zealand......

Who is to say that the Australian Peoples were not lighter/fair skinned people when they migrated to Australia, during the cold ice age?, and developed Dark skin as an environmental impact of the harsh Oz Sun. It is a Fact, that the Tasmanian natives, were of a light/fair skin tone, much like a lightly tanned whitey. It is cold in Taz.

It is also a considered theory, that the current "Gracile" (skinny) Native, superceeded an earlier, possibly more primitive, "Robust" (heavier build) earlier native to Australia.

The Polynesians were a mixture of indigenous Taiwanese people and probably Australian type peoples.
The Indigenous ancient tribes of Taiwan (who are not Han people), and the Ainu people of Japan (non Han), have very similar features to Aust. natives too.

They Probably were the first real Human Explorers.

An excellent movie for people to watch is "Ten Canoes", it is set about 10,000 years ago (could be 40,000) in northern Australia.
An interesting insight into the culture and what it may have been like back then.......good viewing.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm not saying this as a bad thing in any way, just an observed fact of life.

Aborigines have waterproof hair!

Have you seen an Aborigine person get out of the water after diving in?

Its 100% dry.

Could this be a part of their DNA from thousands of years ago?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

It is a Fact, that the Tasmanian natives, were of a light/fair skin tone, much like a lightly tanned whitey. It is cold in Taz.

here is a pic from 1886 of the last full blooded Tasmanian aboriginal, (Trugernanner)

Just like a "tanned whitey ay"

edit on 23/9/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because:

top topics

join