It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who is watching the GOP debate in a few minutes?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm watching live streaming video from FOX News (yeah yeah I know, nobody here likes them, big deal
)

Anyone else? What are you guys looking forward to being discussed?
How many Ron Paul fans will be counting how many questions each candidate gets?

Let me hear some thoughts!

EDIT: Here's the link to FOX News Live..
FOX News Live
edit on 22-9-2011 by wWizard because: added link

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
We're all a bit too old for puppet shows don't you think..?

with love
edit on 22-9-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

with love

Search the past debates with Ron Paul. They aren't puppet shows. The guy flat out states his mind and the people that try to best him fail.

It's usually an enjoyable watch.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

with love

Haha good point! Interesting to watch nonetheless

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Case in point, the moderators asked this question trying to make him look stupid/nutty.

If you listen to the message, he is 100% right. He is basically saying people should be empowered enough to make decisions for themselves.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Wow, they actually just stated that Ron Paul is #2 behind Perry. I didn't expect to hear that one.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hells yea, Boncho! It's hilarious to me to see Rick Perry's plastic smile present every moment he's not speaking. Seriously, I challenge anybody to get a screen shot of Rick Perry not smiling at the audience when he's not talking...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
screw the lame.. fake puppet shows

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski
reply to post by boncho

Hells yea, Boncho! It's hilarious to me to see Rick Perry's plastic smile present every moment he's not speaking. Seriously, I challenge anybody to get a screen shot of Rick Perry not smiling at the audience when he's not talking...

This one was the best.

This is where the FOX bigwigs sitting in their office, watching the debate, collectively facepalm

edit on 22-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I really wouldn't watch it, if it weren't for Ron Paul. I hope he can knock out any attack questions that will get thrown at him. Faux news is pretty bad about those.

And I wouldnt mind seeing him make a fool of Rick Perry. Fingers crossed!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

yea, that's one of the best responses ever...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

no lie, i'm not a fan of ANY candidate, but his reply was freakin beautiful...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by superstatue
I really wouldn't watch it, if it weren't for Ron Paul. I hope he can knock out any attack questions that will get thrown at him. Faux news is pretty bad about those.

And I wouldnt mind seeing him make a fool of Rick Perry. Fingers crossed!

Haha I'm right with you

link   
I'm going to try to watch it. I couldn't watch the last one, because the one before that made me so sick I couldn't stand to put myself through it again.

I hope Ron Paul does well. I also like Herman Cain, but he isn't enough of a Rock Star to get the nomination. I think that is too bad.

Other than those 2, I'm in despair over the field of candidates. But I will TRY to stomach the debate...

link   
Some food for thought.

campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com...

Study: Immigrants filled 81% of new jobs in TX...

With both jobs and immigration likely topics of sharp debate at tonight's Republican debate here in Florida, a new report suggests that newly-arrived immigrants have filled a majority of new jobs created in Texas, home to Republican frontrunner Gov. Rick Perry.

"Of jobs created in Texas since 2007, 81 percent were taken by newly arrived immigrant workers (legal and illegal)," says the report from the Center for Immigration Studies, a group that advocates reduced levels of both legal and illegal immigration. The report estimates that about 40 percent of the new jobs were taken by illegal immigrants, while 40 percent were taken by legal immigrants. The vast majority of both groups, legal and illegal, were not American citizens.

Native-born Americans filled just 20 percent of the new jobs in Texas, the report says, even though "the native born accounted for 69 percent of the growth in Texas' working-age population." "Thus, even though natives made up most of the growth in potential workers, most of the job growth went to immigrants," the report concludes.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
What's the over/under on questions Ron will receive? 3? My gut tells me this debate will appear just as corrupt and bought as the debates prior.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Ill definantly be watching. Im suprised they decided to allow Gary Johnson in this debate.

Ive been 'kind of' listening to fox the past little bit and they are saying this could be a 'make or break' debate for the candidates. Im not sure about that, but it will be interesting with 9 candidates up there this time

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

I saw an interesting bumper sticker yesterday:

" I'll keep my guns, money, and what's left of my freedom... You can keep 'the change'..."

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Prediction:

Just like the last debate, Most of the questions will go to Perry and Romney, the rest of the candidates will be blown off with a question made to spotlight their supposed errors.

I'd love to see Paul take the nomination with Cain as his VP.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

no lie, i'm not a fan of ANY candidate, but his reply was freakin beautiful...

Even if you don't agree with everything the guy says, at the same time he has never changed his stance. He is consistent, straightforward and has always stuck by his word.

If anyone can points out any other politicians out there the same...

The point being, you are better to have a stand up person representing you even if they don't stand for the things you do, then have a weasel represent you, that pretends to stand for those things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join