It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilots witness flying triangle over Florida

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hi, in the video below Dr Richard Haines describes a very interesting UFO incident investigated by Project Bluebook's Dr J Allen Hynek where three pilots witness a huge, vertical flying triangle off the coast of Florida - he doesn't mention the year but if anyone knows anymore info please post.

This fascinating aerial encounter involved Charlie Little, pilot of a Piper-Twin Commanche PA-30 (N7942Y). He was multi-engine rated and a flight instructor. Two other commercially rated pilots, and a passenger were also on board. Having taken off from Opa-Locka, FL to Morristown, NJ, they were headed ENE at 8,000 feet altitude in uncontrolled airspace under an IFR flight plan but were in radio contact with Jacksonville ARTCC for safety reasons.

Suddenly, a soft green light was all over our cockpit. At the very instant of collision, ...the craft made an unbanked 180 degree turn, remained ahead for a few seconds and then took off and disappeared like a flash bulb. At least two of the witnesses agreed that the huge object was a gray equilateral triangle, each side at least 200 feet long and twenty feet thick. Its outer edges were very smooth and sharply defined (with no rivets, doors, antennae, windows, etc.) while at its center there was a triangular-shaped opening or hole large enough to fly through. It flew with one side directly forward.

edit on 9-1-2013 by karl 12 because: Fix video link

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Well, I live in St. Petersburg FL, and I will tell you this;

The past two weeks, I have been seeing a number of strange things in the NIGHT sky, never the day.. Two UFO's so far, one in the dead of night, right after witnessing a shooting star. It was just a white dot in the sky that moved in a straight line from point A to point B and vanished.

The second was at sunset, and more of a cylindrical looking object, same bright white properties (seemingly glowing), it moved against the well lit clouds of the sunset and disappeared behind some trees and a house.. I seemed to spawn out of two plasmic looking pillars of the same white light, the one on the right, to be exact. These were not clouds, I don't think they were at all. They simply disappeared as well.

This is recent though, so I don't mean to be off topic, I just figured I would add something to the question at hand.. If anyone else in St. Pete saw this, let me know, please!

The pillars, I might add, got smaller until vanishing.
edit on 22-9-2011 by EvanJP because: last statement

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I personally have never seen Triangle shaped anomaly but I have seen a couple unexplainable light shows in the dead of night. My girlfriend & I watched a Stealth Bomber recently at night (even though they say they are grounded) and it was INCREDIBLE how silent and slow it was moving for how big it is. I thought for sure I was watching a UFO until it flew directly overhead making a loop back to Travis AFB. I have always wanted to see a Triangle UFO though and believe they Exist. My girlfriend swears on her life she has seen one out in the State of Maine, U.S.A. and it had a see through bottom with Military inside it and she is not one to lie for no reason but who knows

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Love the YouTube pic. "My penis is THIS big!"

If we're going to accept a Guernsey pilot and his 1 mile long sunset cloud UFO then I guess a triangle one won't harm either. Lots of cool stories from that area though, including that guy who apparently went through a worm hole and traveled a one hour route in 20 minutes.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint

If we're going to accept a Guernsey pilot and his 1 mile long sunset cloud UFO then I guess a triangle one won't harm either. Lots of cool stories from that area though, including that guy who apparently went through a worm hole and traveled a one hour route in 20 minutes.

It seems your point is to mock this incredible sighting by three pilots by bringing unrelated "stories" into the fray because you can muster no other ammo to honestly shoot it down?

So you are a debunker of all UFOs, especially ones that defy human expectations or simply running scared, shouting over your shoulder as you flee the scene?.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint

If we're going to accept a Guernsey pilot and his 1 mile long sunset cloud UFO then I guess a triangle one won't harm either.

That UK object was actually seen by a second pilot from a different vantage point about 26 miles south of the first plane. It also showed up on radar from what I understand.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

If you think about all the evidence that piles up in terms of paranormal activity-- almost seems like some intelligence is trying to tell us that everything is all connected. QM?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
The description of the ufo and the pillars of light.....sounds like a worm hole disgorging a ship then closing kinda...or did you think of that?
Perhaps the bermuda triangle really does have some relation to these phemomenas.
The area may be where a worm hole opening is....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Wow, check out the Professor here. Maybe you should check peoples previous posts before slamming their latest. Just because I felt jaunty in this thread doesn't make me a debunker. We are allowed to carry personalities over the net too, y'know.

The fact I find these stories (including Guernsey) credible is perhaps the reason one would sometimes take the other approach, whilst keeping a mandatory level headed, open minded nature at ATS. Sticking to one side all the time turns you into a robotic posting douche, no matter how strong your beliefs.

These pilots are several of the plethora of pilots with credible sightings I'm sure, doesn't mean I need to watch this/every video if I already believe material like this is credible. Nor should anyone.
edit on 23-9-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Like the story by Dr. Haines. Absolutely compelling and believable case. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the ufo picture (in the vid) which didn't look like an equilateral triangle like he described.

So I had to do my own diagram which assumes the sides were 400 feet across (the vid said hundreds). The thickness was described about 6 stories (or 60-70 feet). The triangle the pilot contemplated "flying through" wasn't described as equilateral, so it could have been wider than depicted. Here's our UFO next to a Cessna, 747, and the Palms in Las Vegas!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

karl12,

Very interesting case, many thanks.

On the strength of it I've ordered a copy (second-hand) of Dr Willy Smith's book on pilot sightings.

Even if this case isn't in Smith's book, his book should be worth reading. If the case is in it I'll post back in due course.

Some nice artwork from Scramjet, thanks also.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Interesting,because this came from the pilot.
It immediately dismiss the possibility of weather balloon or some satellite or natural phenomena.

I love when the UFO report comes from pilots,because then it's harder to debunk this sighting.

Can't wait for the skeptics

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Dr Richard Haines ... doesn't mention the year but if anyone knows anymore info please post.

Hi Karl,

Interesting video. Thread starred and flagged.

I'm not sure which sighting he's talking about - due to the lack of specific details.

Have you emailed Richard Haines?

I haven't had any direct contact with him, but I know some people that are in regular contact - so I can ask for more info if you like. (Once we have a date, I should be able to look up more info in the couple of books I've got on sightings by pilots).

edit on 24-9-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

That would be nice IK. I find the case very compelling considering we have 4 witnesses (3 of them pilots) and some limited contact with air traffic control.

I searched google yesterday and could only find the video which comes from the Hard Evidence DVD. Doh..

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Appreciate all the replies and haven't attempted to contact Dr Haines about the case but it certainly sounds like an extremely interesting one - Scramjet's image does a great job of showng the sheer scale of the object next to the Cessna (
) and there's a link here about the contents of Dr Willy Smith's book on pilot UFO sightings but it doesn't seem to mention anymore info - also, it may have absolutely nothing to do with the case, but I was reminded of Angelc01's great thread after initialy watching the vid:

Mass Sighting Over Spain In 1968

Cheers.

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

karl12,

Thanks for the info about Willy Smith's book, having now read it I confirm that this Florida case is missing.

Can only guess that Haines considered the encounter too astonishing to be included in any list.

But, as I expect you know, Omar Fowler lists two similar hollow triangles observed in the UK, both also with rows of 'porthole' lights. The first was seen by Michelle Marshall, Havant, on the night of 18 October 1993, the second by an unnamed retired engineering designer near Derby on the night of 24 May 1995.

Unfortunately I can't illustrate as uploading of pics on ATS seems suspended. And the online links to Omar's FT Mystery seem no longer active.

Let's hope someone here gets more info from Haines. ATS has helped him a lot and he really ought to have a close associate on this forum promoting his cause.

Cheers.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Holy crap. If that diagram is indeed accurate in scale, that's one freaking big assed UFO.

There is no way in hell anything that big and that distinct in shape is swamp gas, reflection of venus, temperature inversion, weather balloon, another jet,

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lowneck
But, as I expect you know, Omar Fowler lists two similar hollow triangles observed in the UK, both also with rows of 'porthole' lights. The first was seen by Michelle Marshall, Havant, on the night of 18 October 1993, the second by an unnamed retired engineering designer near Derby on the night of 24 May 1995.

Unfortunately I can't illustrate as uploading of pics on ATS seems suspended. And the online links to Omar's FT Mystery seem no longer active.

Hey my friend, it seems Omar Fowler is a pretty knowledgeable chap when it comes to these flying triangle reports and although, as you mention, the links to his FT Mystery are currently off line, there are some other links at the bottom of this page if you've not seen it already -he also makes some pretty darn interesting comments in the interview below with Richard D Hall.

Interview

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Another intriguing report, this time from Quest international's David Cayton, where he describes a huge, black flying triangle over the Cheshire countryside.

The Cayton UFO Files

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

It was just light airplanes flying in formation.

The diagram almost has to be correct, because if the object was any smaller I don't think the pilot would have considered "flying through it." And as Karl mentioned, there are numerous reports from all over the world of flying triangles "hundreds of feet across."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join