It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Leads Walkout on Iranian Leaders UN Speech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Maybe anti us rants like this are why the us is not going to let in palestine as a state in the UN? Cant say I blame them
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What a lame and pathetic excuse. The truth hurts.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Sad. They had the decency to sit through Obamas speech yesterday. They can ATLEAST do that much.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It has more to do with the US being pi$$ed that the Irananians actually successfully kicked out the US/British sponsored puppet called the Shah of Iran.

Israel's sole purpose and intent from day one is to take over that nation of Palestine and not permit them to be a free and sovereign nation.

They have water front property ! Lots of Shekels !

The US is owned by the FED and the Zionists so they are obligated to walk out out of respect for their owners...

The Zionists.

And by the way....Who controls our money supply and economy ?

The Iranians or the Zionists ?

edit on 22-9-2011 by nh_ee because: The Truth Shall Set You Free !

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
yes exactly i guess they didnt want to hear the truth cus it hurts so good.I wish they would of had to stay and listen to everything he said..lol

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — American diplomats led a walkout at the U.N. General Assembly Thursday as Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad issued a sweeping attack on the United States and major West European nations, calling them "arrogant powers" ruled by greed and eager for military adventurism.

In all fairness, Iran has a point. By walking out, all the US have done is add weight to the claim of 'arrogance'.

Whether you agree or not with Iran, this behavior by the US is childish to say the least. It's about time they grew up and acted like men instead of children in kindergarden. Petty.

st.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Whoever it was that walked out should have also turned in our UN membership card.

Screw the UN, half of Americas problems would be resolved just by ditching the UN.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Must be nice to be able to walk away from your job whenever you want.and still have one to come back to.

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm an American and all I can do is shake my head in disbelief.. There should be some kind of requirement to attend the duration of the Assembly regardless of who is speaking and what's being said. The fact that Iranian President paid our President the courtesy to listen to the POTUS and the POTUS did not return the formality depicts why our Foreign Policy is in shambles.

I'd actually like to hear the Iranian presidents Rant...Does anybody have a link to the video??I'd like to see what he had to say

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
they got up after a mention of the mysterious 9/11 attacks, his words not mine. the video is easily accessable via google news feed at this point

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Real men would address Ahmadinejad's concerns and try to support their truths or explain their visions.
In this case they are basically acting like kids unable to communicate after being confronted with things they either cannot comprehend or unwilling to speak of due to some sort of involvement.

Let's be clear I am not even choosing sides here but just analyzing the behavior of these "representatives". If their truths were in fact that they could have easily ridiculed Mr. Ahmadinejad by presenting them in a logical form.

Guess there's some truth in Ahmadinejad's words after all.
edit on 22-9-2011 by no special characters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ah, yes. The ole "I'm taking my toys and going home" routine.

Eric Cartman: Screw you guys. I'm, going hoooome!

I love the maturity of our representatives in the U.N.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Here is a link to the full transcript and video:
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s Speech at the United Nations + Transcript Sept. 23, 2010
Highlights:

First, the event of the 11th September 2001 which has affected the whole world for almost a decade. All of a sudden, the news of the attack on the twin towers was broadcast using numerous footages of the incident. Almost all governments and known figures strongly condemned this incident. But then a propaganda machine came into full force; it was implied that the whole world was exposed to a huge danger, namely terrorism, and that the only way to save the world would be to deploy forces into Afghanistan. Eventually Afghanistan, and, shortly thereafter, Iraq were occupied.

Please take note: it was said that some three thousands people were killed on September 11th, for which we are all very saddened. Yet, up until now, in Afghanistan and Iraq hundreds of thousands of people have been killed, millions wounded and displaced and the conflict is still going on and expanding.

That's about how I reacted too. The whole world was required to mourn the 3,000, and ignore the 100,000s.

2- Assuming the viewpoint of the American government, is it rational to launch a classic war through widespread deployment of troops that led to the death of hundreds of thousands of people to counter a terrorist group?

Second is the occupation of the Palestinian territories. The oppressed people of Palestine have lived under the rule of an occupying regime for 60 years, been deprived of freedom, security and the right to self-determination, while the occupiers are given recognition. On a daily basis, the houses are being destroyed over the heads of innocent women and children. People are deprived of water, food and medicine in their own homeland. The Zionists have imposed five all-out wars on the neighboring countries and on the Palestinian people. The Zionists committed the most horrible crimes against the defenseless people in the wars against Lebanon and Gaza. The Zionist regime attacked a humanitarian flotilla in a blatant defiance of all international norms and kills the civilians.

This regime which enjoys the absolute support of some western countries regularly threatens the countries in the region and continues publicly announced assassinations of Palestinian figures and others, while Palestinian defenders and those opposing this regime are pressured, labeled as terrorists and anti-semites. All values, even the freedom of expression, in Europe and in the United States are being sacrificed at the altar of Zionism.

Solutions are doomed to fail because the right of the Palestinian people is not taken into account

Highlights so far. I will continue to read though. I just had to underline that sentence. It sums up perfectly the wretched state of U.S. policy. Isn't it a truism that the only way for a politician in U.S. to hold office is to swear fealty to the Zionist state?
edit on 22-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If it wad the other way around, (Iran walks out on US) there would have been a horde of propaganda..truth hurts

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Their strategy is simply to discredit discredit discredit. They won't respond to anything Ahmadinejad says and just keep calling him a crazy dictator, lumping him in with whackos like Kim Jong-Il. If they had sat and listen to him rant it would create a sense of legitimacy for what he is saying.
edit on 22-9-2011 by thereisnotry because: clarification

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I REALLY wish people could just use the search engine before posting.
This has already been posted at least 5 times already.
See that blue tab at the top of the page that says search???
USE IT!!!!!!

This is ats...if you think you are the first one to post this then use the search engine and deny your own ignorance so i don't have to make posts like this.
Also,2 lines and a link don't make for a killer thread.
Cheers...have a nice day.

On topic...they did this last year too.

edit on 22-9-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
More:

The cause of the United Nation’s ineptitude is in its unjust structure. Major power is monopolized in the Security Council due to the veto privilege, and the main pillar of the organization, namely the General Assembly, is marginalized. In the past several decades, at least one of the permanent members of the Security Council has always been a party to the disputes. The veto advantage grants impunity to aggression and occupation; how could, therefore, one expect competence while both the judge and the prosecutor are a party to the dispute? Had Iran enjoyed veto privilege, would the Security Council and the IAEA Director General have taken the same position in the nuclear issue?
dandelionsalad.wordpress.com...

This is a rather keen observation. The US, as originator of the unjustified sanctions against Iran was sitting right there in the Security Council. There can be no reprimand issued by the UNSC against US or Israel as long as US has veto power. No chance of international justice. That is impunity, above the law, able to commit the most horrendous acts, with no chance of peaceful recourse by any one.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I REALLY wish people could just use the search engine before posting.
This has already been posted at least 5 times already.
See that blue tab at the top of the page that says search???
USE IT!!!!!!

This is ats...if you think you are the first one to post this then use the search engine and deny your own ignorance so i don't have to make posts like this.
Also,2 lines and a link don't make for a killer thread.
Cheers...have a nice day.

On topic...they did this last year too.

I REALLY wish crybabies would stop whining like little girls when something is posted more than once. Sorry your dreams to be a mod were slashed somehow, no need to take it out on others. Also things may be posted as many times as you want unless it under the same category. Anyhoo sorry to disrupt your day soooooo much I will put in a more an effort next time jr.

O ya by the way was not trying for a "killer" thread just passing on some information. You REALLY need to check yourself son

edit on 22-9-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

on topic: Do you have a link for your response to the OP? Unfortunatley your half sentence response was not enough to accertain enough info to provide an educated response to your quip. So they did this before?
edit on 22-9-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Diplomates??? My ass!! Why not make bullies heros too while we're at it? Oh wait! That's already the case.

They're just trying to distract from the truth this man speaks and they think it will work easily because of their islamophobic xenophobic propaganda.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips
[more

So you get your panties in a bunch because i pointed out your inability to know what a search engine is??

Shows how up to date you are in this topic.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
Yawn.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join