It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southwest Airlines, Feds Investigate Arabic Markings on Planes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive

I'm thinking either airport security is either way more lax than we are led to believe, or it's someone within the airline itself doing it.

There's always lots of people of different origins around an airplane during turnaround, not necessarily airline employees.

Could be something to worry about, or simply the arabic version of Kilroy Was Here.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

This is crazy

How about flying Obama to Denver on Southwest for his next trip, maybe he can take a look at it and translate those muslim scribbles for us?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So its been months since it started, they dont know if its Arabic or not and dont know what it means.

Dont you americans feel safe in the knowledge that these people are the ones who are supposed to keep national security.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

They know if its Arabic or not and what it translates to.

They are just refusing to disclose what it is.

My guess why is that it was a serious breach of their security policies and activities. They are likely trying to avoid a loss of confidence in the system and fix the breach before it becomes public.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I just keep thinking "Aim here" >.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Arabic Islamic Terrorism = West and Europe...Think of it as a compartmentalized agency within many different agencies. al Qaeda

Database characteristics an al Qaeda = (xxxx) psychological operations to manage not just the average joe with obedience through fear (problem reaction solution) but to also flush out resistance within and outside the construct of the Criminal Element controlling world affairs.

A database is an (organized collection) of data for (one) or (more purposes), usually in digital form. The data are (typically organized to model relevant aspects of reality) for example, the availability of rooms in hotels, in a way that supports processes requiring this information for example, finding a hotel with vacancies. The term "database" refers both to (the way its users view it), and to the (logical and physical materialization) of its data, content, in files, computer memory, and computer data storage. This definition is (very general), and is (independent) of the technology used. However, not every collection of data is a database; the term database implies that the (data is managed to some level of quality) (measured in terms of accuracy, availability, usability, and resilience) and this in turn often implies (the use of a general-purpose)

When Islamic Terror is brought up in the media no matter what event always...think>>> USA-Europe-N and W Africa and few others that have come aboard since 2006 is tweaking the database management systems.

They aren't the brightest this criminal syndicate that control world affairs.
edit on 22-9-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

That's what I was thinking. Is it possible that it's some sort of marking that would help a MANPAD home in on the aircraft? The article mentioned that the "Arabic writing" is only visible when a specific piece of equipment is turned on, maybe this is only on during takeoff or landing?

DHS is actually pretty usless. It's a bandaid on a gaping wound all for show. If they really wanted to protect us they would implement El Al/Israeli airport type security which relies more on targeted checks and interviews rather than fondling little kids and old people in wheelchairs.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i just don't buy it, can we see a pic of the writtings, i read arabic, will see what it says
edit on 22-9-2011 by h_jordan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Its been months since it started, they don't know if its Arabic or not.

Have you been in areas of heavy tagging by taggers.
Some tags look foreign and some even could look Arabic.

Taggers just love to tag anything and i would not be surprised if some tagger found a heat sensitive chemical and started tagging aircraft.

Near where i live some taggers has been tagging with luminescent paint that does not show up during the day But glows at night.
www.hobbyglow.com...
Straight out of the can this paint does not glow so the tagger can do his tag one night and the tag will not show till the next night.
This makes it hard for the cops to catch them in the act.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

yes i see what you mean, interesting, gotta say i was not aware of the tagging "hobby",i watched the video but they don't show the writtings, i just want to see them to check if they are Arabic or not, what really would it take to check if these are Arabic, why the "they maybe arabic?", either someone want them to be arabic or just speculating or jumbing to conclusions, they look foreign and on an airplane -> they must be arabic
terrorists

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
propaganda for sure, this is bogus
for one i dont think that it would be a very complicated procsess. possibly involving metals that change colour when you burn them added to the etching chemicals. but im no expert

Originally posted by ChrisF231
reply to post by dasysgod

I just spoke to an airline mechanic friend (JetBlue not Southwest) of mine and he told me that their is no way such a liquid material would be used on an airplane either during construction or in maintenance because it WEAKENS the welded plates, and if one of those plates were to fall off ... well I think you know what could happen. I think we have a very serious problem on our hands.

if it could weaken the plate that bad you would be able to read it without heat you would imagine.
i dont think it would be so deep it would put the aircraft in danger.

i think most likely if this isnt a flase flag hoax its just graffiti artists.

sorry when i posted my last comment, i was yet to see the news report which still doesnt show any pictures. i think its funny they can make up movie style bull and still not even have to show them to make people believe, sounds like 911 to me..a lot of telling not much showing.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Btw, pictures of the "graffiti" is up on gawker How is this in any way some kind of special ink that only shows up when the plane is powered up?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

thanks PsykoOps, who the hell is in thier mind and think these are writtings, paranoia at best

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Looks like scimitars.

Not Arabic writing, but scimitars are Middle Eastern swords.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
certainly doesn't look arabic to me, and scimitars are stretching it too.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Could these be asian btw? I was thinking perhaps there is some mechanic whose roots are oriental and has a bad case of superstition? I'd love to know if these even closely match with any known language
I can tell for sure that they are not Finnish special characters

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
in no way am i trying to stir the pot here , but at one point i worked for a sub-contracting company for SW , we did maintenance on the planes that came in from Hawaii , anyway ,the first two weeks i worked their , i was able to walk right though the back door to the tarmac where all the planes where , and i never got stopped not once , and this was before any of my TSA clearance came through . also keep in mind it was post 9/11 around 2006-2007

but its strange i noticed ever since they started getting the new body scanners , out of nowhere the beefed up security for no reason .

anyway thats my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
First, its only on the 737’s, because last time I checked, that’s all SW flies, so no conspiracy there.

If I had to venture a bet into who was doing it though…
Most likely the guys the airlines subcontract to polish the planes at night in certain stations. They have the time alone with the plane, the equipment, and the know how to pull off such a prank.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
just fixed a friends car that works for swa and they said that it was swords too btw that subject is not supposed to be talked about by any employee so what does the sword denote and u are all correct on only seeing it when the rear engine is hot now they also said if you can etch something on the plane without being noticed why wouldnt you be able to place some malicious # there too without being noticed wow crazy stuff to think about good job tsa

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

TSA is more worried about 85 year old World War II veterans in wheelchairs and 3 year old kids in strollers than they are about terrorists.

If you guys ever get the chance take the MTA-AirTrain from Lefferts Blvd. to JFK International Airport and check out the non-terminal parts of the airport. Guard booths are nearly always empty, very infrequent perimeter patrols, no security at all in/around the AirTrain stations after 9pm. It's absurd, we have so many loopholes that it is nothing short of a miracle that we havent been hit again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join