It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southwest Airlines, Feds Investigate Arabic Markings on Planes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Southwest Airlines, Feds Investigate Arabic Markings on Planes Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com

Mysterious messages that appeared to be scrawled in Arabic writing on the underbellies of several Southwest Airlines jets were being investigated Wednesday by the airline and the FBI, Los Angeles radio station KNX-1070 reported.
The graffiti, which began appearing in February on 737-model planes, has been found more often in recent weeks, according to the report.
The writing appears to have been etched using a chemical process and is visible only after an auxiliary power unit is turned on.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Thu Sep 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed title

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm thinking either airport security is either way more lax than we are led to believe, or it's someone within the airline itself doing it. I have yet to see any pictures of the writing and I did a google search and couldn't find anything else on the subject.

Just saw the video on Fox news and they didn't report anymore than the article I posted did. I'll keep searching for more.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

How bizarre. A chemical etching that can only be seen when the power is turned on? Without the knowledge to know, it would seem like this would take some time and know-how? Perhaps the mechanics? Who would have access specifically to these 737's - enough time to "etch" invisible messages? - What do the messages say and yeah, airport security is very tight when you are the one flying - workers make easier terrorists...strange - thanks for the post - update if you hear more.

CJ

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

How bizarre. A chemical etching that can only be seen when the power is turned on? - update if you hear more.

CJ

Gave you a star.

Read this yesterday and had the same reaction - bizarre!

I'm guessing that this etching chemical is heat activited, so when the auxiliary power unit (APU) - a small jet engine in the tail of the plane - is turned on it generates enough heat to activate the etching chemical. Like when you were a kid and used lemon juice to make "secret writing" on a piece of paper and then made it readable by holding it near a heat source like a light bulb.

So, someone would have to have the chemistry know-how and have access to all the planes in order to do this.

Who is that?
edit on 9/22/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
They're so busy running people through the TSA they keep up security! What a #ing shame America has become, security is so lax I might as well run into the airport with a weapon!

Where are the pictures for one ? Oh maybe they're too scared to show them to us for fear that we'll learn a little Arabic!
edit on 22-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Why can't we see the symbol?

Local news just reported the symbol was not Arabic.

It probably some guy's initials.

Might be time to get the camera and head for the runway.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Back at you centurion1211 - another question - why go to so much trouble? Isn't this along the lines of making it as difficult as possible to pass on the "message"? Perhaps it is a set up - another in a long line of "mini false flags" put on by one of our own letter agencies? Good seeing you on the board - we beat each other up on that other thread - I appreciate your response!

CJ

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Remnants from the manufacturing perhaps?
"Hey Doug, did you write that 'Patch 2' to this set with the UV pen?"
"Yeah"
-Months later: "Omg a new terrorist group called Patch 2 is going to kill us all!"

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
They're so busy running people through the TSA they keep up security! What a #ing shame America has become, security is so lax I might as well run into the airport with a weapon!

Where are the pictures for one ? Oh maybe they're too scared to show them to us for fear that we'll learn a little Arabic!
edit on 22-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

I think the MSM and TPTB basically try to hide anything that might stir up the general population against muslims and illegal immigrants. Notice how they almost never publish any names IF they look arabic or spanish?

Even when the general population would have a right to be concerned.

So, to me the less you hear about some of these things, the more I think we should be concerned.
edit on 9/22/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by centurion1211

Back at you centurion1211 - another question - why go to so much trouble? Isn't this along the lines of making it as difficult as possible to pass on the "message"? Perhaps it is a set up - another in a long line of "mini false flags" put on by one of our own letter agencies? Good seeing you on the board - we beat each other up on that other thread - I appreciate your response!

CJ

Well, I try to have a "short memory" - easier as I get older.

It could also be being done as a "tweak" - like "nyah, nyah, your security sucks!" and here's the proof.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

pictures or it didnt happen fox news

I bet you wouldnt say that if it was CNN?

Oh know there is no such thing as islamic terrorism is there? I forgot. # off.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Im hoping this is some sort of residue from the manufacturing process or something related to aircraft maintenance.

If not then we have a very, very serious problem on our hands. Though when you think about it it probably wouldent be too hard to get a few sleeper cell dudes into airplane maintenance and other low level airport jobs. It's well known that security outside of the passenger terminals is notoriously lax and ineffective.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This is being reported on talk radio here in Texas, they are reporting that the airports are telling their employees not to talk to the media. So basically they are setting up a media blackout...
edit on 22-9-2011 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Another article can be found here:
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

This entire story gave me the chills. This is something that should be taken very seriously. It would appear that possible terrorist sleeper cells have access to our airlines. If they can find the time to create such markings, what else can they find the time to do. I hope and pray that this turns out to be nothing more then a prank and the prankster is dealt with accordingly. If not, we could have some serious issues to deal with as every American would be terrified to fly anywhere.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What I find really hard to believe is

Mysterious messages that appeared to be scrawled in Arabic writing ...

and

The graffiti, which began appearing in February...

So for more than 7 months no one has been able to determine if it is indeed Arabic? Seriously? Sounds like a big load of BS to me. BE AFRAID

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dasysgod

If it is indeed true that Southwest (which by the way is the primary airline at Long Island MacArthur Airport) is telling their employees not to speak to the media then I am going to say that this probably is national security related. It appears they found a loophole, thank God they never had a change to exploit it.

I just spoke to an airline mechanic friend (JetBlue not Southwest) of mine and he told me that their is no way such a liquid material would be used on an airplane either during construction or in maintenance because it WEAKENS the welded plates, and if one of those plates were to fall off ... well I think you know what could happen. I think we have a very serious problem on our hands.

It has also been brought to my attention that Southwest Airlines was the subject of a federal investigation related to the immigration status of airplane mechanics at San Antonio International Airport in 2008. 27 employees were found to be illegal immigrants.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
strange indeed.

Starting with "arabic or arabic type symbols" ? Either it s arabic or not. Should not be difficult to find out.

Then; so far i can not see any terrorist relation; imagine a terrorist comes so close to an airplane to mark it. Wouldnt he just blow it up, instead of mark it ?

So far i tend more towards psyops or another false flag to raise security measures even more.

But given the small amount of info we have, i am open for other reasons.

Oh actually, just reminds me, that someone from Denver in the "something major going on in Denver" thread noted she has seen they are spraying planes on the airport. ... gonna look for that.

EDIT: found it:

Quote from member relocater

He said the radio this morning was reporting something about planes being sprayed at an airport with paint that makes the planes invisible when they are in the sky. He said that no one knows who or why the planes were painted. I'm at work and will try and find time to look for any other reports of this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-9-2011 by svetlana84 because: see post

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Looks like some damned propaganda to me, man.

I would look inward before getting the middle east involved. Arabic-type symbols? Symbols are NOT hard to discern... We are the only known being that useless symbols to communicate... (Not saying this is true!).

How many people in the US watched or read that and thought, "THOSE #IN ARABS!!"

Now when something horrible happens, and SW airlines had claimed it a non-safety issue just months prior (or whatever, these are merely thoughts after a spliff) people that can't think for themselves will say, in outrage, "YOU TOLD US IT DIDN'T MATTER", and then are more willing to be subject to an increased police force and/or more civil rights being distorted....

haha!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

This would make at least 3 national security related blackouts in just a few weeks.

The other two being the Carson City, Nevada shooting and the incident at Davis-Mothan Airforce Base in Tucson, Arizona.

I hope its for good reasons.
edit on 22/9/11 by MikeboydUS because: Tucson

<<   2 >>

join