It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 163
<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

I take it then you have had a good think. So what is your answer?

The question was:

Now you tell me one action you can take that has no affect on anything else?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

The question was:

No that was my answer, the process of thought. When I think, it doesn't have to affect anything else.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Darwin never made any guesses as to the beginnings of life. That's been said a hundred times in this thread.

Actually he did:
In a private letter to Joseph Hooker in 1871:

"It is often said that all the conditions for the first production of a living organism are now present, which could ever have been present. But if (and oh! what a big if!) we could conceive in some warm little pond, with all sorts of ammonia and phosphoric salts, light, heat, electricity, &c., present, that a proteine (sic) compound was chemically formed ready to undergo still more complex changes, at the present day such matter would be instantly absorbed, which would not have been the case before living creatures were found."

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by colin42

The question was:

No that was my answer, the process of thought. When I think, it doesn't have to affect anything else.

Well your wrong again. When you said you will think about it I waited for an answer so it had an effect on me and probably a few others. Your answer now has made me sad so it has had a further effect. I know need a whiskey to dampen my disapointment and who knows what I will do when I've had a drink especially when I am already in a bad mood. ALL YOUR FAULT.

Want to try again?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I believe that anything is possible and we humans really don't know squat. Given our extremely limited understanding of how things work in this world, I'd say a good case can be made for both evolution and creationism, but I do not believe that either one can disprove the other.
One thing I do find interesting though is the sheer beauty of all the different lifeforms found in this world. How can you look at a peacock or a passion flower or a giraffe and attribute this beauty to mere chance? Also, if evolution is your only explanation to life, then why do we find these things beautiful?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Well your wrong again. When you said you will think about it I waited for an answer so it had an effect on me and probably a few others. Your answer now has made me sad so it has had a further effect. I know need a whiskey to dampen my disapointment and who knows what I will do when I've had a drink especially when I am already in a bad mood. ALL YOUR FAULT.

Want to try again?
Sure, how about when I look at something. or how about when I listen, how about when I dream. How about when I breath. How about when I smell.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I believe that anything is possible and we humans really don't know squat. Given our extremely limited understanding of how things work in this world, I'd say a good case can be made for both evolution and creationism, but I do not believe that either one can disprove the other.
One thing I do find interesting though is the sheer beauty of all the different lifeforms found in this world. How can you look at a peacock or a passion flower or a giraffe and attribute this beauty to mere chance? Also, if evolution is your only explanation to life, then why do we find these things beautiful?
I agree, there does seem to be an abundance of life, to much so for it to just be chance.

I just don't see how chance even has a shot in this claim.

Not even going into beliefs, but whoever or whatever made us, we know one thing for sure, he or it loves life and there is no mistaking that.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Want to try again?
Sure, how about when I look at something. or how about when I listen, how about when I dream. How about when I breath. How about when I smell.

Depends on what you looking at. Look at someone else’s girlfriend and you could end up in a fight. Quantum physics shows the observer changes the result of the double slit experiment. If you look at the sun you will go blind. If you look at something that stirs an emotion and so on

When you listen to something you may learn things. Hear music that affects you. Hear someone in your house about to rob or kill you and so have a chance to save your property or you life.

Tesla claimed many of his ground breaking, world changing inventions came to him in dreams.

When you breath it means you take in oxygen and live. You may breath in a germ that causes you to have an illness and give the germs a wonderful environment to breed and spread.

When you smell. Well there are two ways to take that. If you mean body odour or fart then you cause others to feel disgust and nauseous. They may have fancied you and now find you repellent and so lost a chance of love.

If you mean smell with your nose you may notice dinner is almost ready so you lay the table which causes happiness for your helpful actions. You may smell fire and get your family out before they burn to death.

Do you want to try again?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Depends on what you looking at. Look at someone else’s girlfriend and you could end up in a fight. Quantum physics shows the observer changes the result of the double slit experiment. If you look at the sun you will go blind. If you look at something that stirs an emotion and so on
What about when I look at a flower, or an ant, or the rain.

When you listen to something you may learn things. Hear music that affects you. Hear someone in your house about to rob or kill you and so have a chance to save your property or you life.
What about when I'm listening but don't hear anything specific, or even when I'm not really paying attention.

Tesla claimed many of his ground breaking, world changing inventions came to him in dreams.
True but most people aren't lucky to get dreams like that.

When you breath it means you take in oxygen and live. You may breath in a germ that causes you to have an illness and give the germs a wonderful environment to breed and spread.
So what about when you hold your breath.

When you smell. Well there are two ways to take that. If you mean body odour or fart then you cause others to feel disgust and nauseous. They may have fancied you and now find you repellent and so lost a chance of love.
So what happens when you smell nothing and there is no germs around.

If you mean smell with your nose you may notice dinner is almost ready so you lay the table which causes happiness for your helpful actions. You may smell fire and get your family out before they burn to death.
Well your reply to the process of thought was pretty weak, like you were anticipating my answer so started to get drunk.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I'm still lost on what this has to do with you coming up with one example of anything here on this planet that is dependant on humans without humans making it that way to begin with.

I'll give you an example.

The anteater. He thrives on eating ants. They are a main source of diet for him, unless ants were also brought here to earth you would have to agree that the anteater is home for sure.

Now you can't say the ants did anything to make the anteater be attracted to them, its as though thats just always the way its been, and in fact the way it appears to be made.

Humans and all things that relate to humans only have a connection either because of our needs, or our choice. Ants are not a source of diet for the anteater by choice, it was simply meant to be.

Can you think of a single human and other species relationship that fits this criteria? Remember you have to exclude any that were either forced by us, or happen to be as a result of something else we inflicted.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The point is there is nothing you do or even dont do that does not have an effect and I could go on all night doin this.

The fact is as I previously told you. Every action you take even if it is inaction has an effect on the enviroment around you and you cannot give me one example where it would not.

Your original question:

If I'm ignorant then you should have NO problem answering this. I wanna know what life here on earth would suffer or miss us if we left earth. What life here on earth depends on us, aside from ones that we have set up to do so.
What other animals on this planet would suffer or die, if we dissapered.
Is there any species you can think of that depends on us for anything.
Now I purposly asked the same question in 5 different ways so there is no confusion.

My answer is still. Every action of every living thing has an affect on the enviroment and other living thing in that enviroment to a greater of lesser degree and that includes inaction.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

That answer brings me back to my original statement that you are ignorant of the world around you. The affect you and all other life has on it whether on purpose or as a result of.

Of course the ants did something to attract the anteater. They are a food source that the anteater has evolved to take advantage of. Because the ants nest they are in one place so all the anteater has to do to eat is find the nest not the individuals.

Why can you only accept explanations that fit your closed minded criteria when they answer your question?

So as you dont have to follow a link

Anteaters are one of three surviving families of a once diverse group of mammals that occupied South America while it was geographically isolated from an invasion of animals from North America, the other two being the sloths and the armadillos.

At one time, it was assumed that anteaters were related to aardvarks and pangolins because of their physical similarities to those animals, but it has since been determined that these similarities are not a sign of a common ancestor, but of convergent evolution. All have evolved powerful digging forearms and long tongues and toothless tube-like snouts in order to make a living by raiding termite mounds. This similarity is the reason aardvarks are also commonly called "anteaters"; the pangolin has been called the "scaly anteater"; and the word "antbear" is a common term for both the aardvark and the giant anteater..

edit on 3-1-2012 by colin42 because: Ant Eaters

edit on 3-1-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2012 by colin42 because: Anteater evolution

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Lets pretend I know everything and can give you a definitive answer to your question.

Every action you take, or do not take will influence something, somwhere. Or not.

If we as a species were removed en mass, right now, nothing would miss us in the imediate future, although some domesticated organisms (plant and animal) wold become extinct and others wouldnt. Or not

Still in "lets pretend" mode and with these questions satisfactorily answered.

How does any answer to these question prove or disprove evolution. In fact if we entertain the fantastic notion of panspermia or even being dropped onto the planet "fully formed". This revelation STILL wouldnt prove or disprove evolution.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

The point is there is nothing you do or even dont do that does not have an effect and I could go on all night doin this.

The fact is as I previously told you. Every action you take even if it is inaction has an effect on the enviroment around you and you cannot give me one example where it would not.

Your original question:
Thats highly incorrect. Thinking, blinking, looking, breathing, dreaming affect no one and nothing else.

I guess I understand why your choosing to answer do foolishly however, its because you can't. There is no answer and you know that.

We aren't from earth and at least now you see just how obvious it is. Your answer or the lack of confims that you know. You can change the settings all you want but the fact is there is not one species that interacts with humans because of a needed relationship unless humans made it that way by choice or by accident.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

That answer brings me back to my original statement that you are ignorant of the world around you. The affect you and all other life has on it whether on purpose or as a result of.
I know for a fact that when I dream or look at things, there is no impact on earth, your just being a silly goose trying to prove your point and you lost.

Of course the ants did something to attract the anteater. They are a food source that the anteater has evolved to take advantage of. Because the ants nest they are in one place so all the anteater has to do to eat is find the nest not the individuals.
I'm shocked you didn't say they evolved into liking them.

Why can you only accept explanations that fit your closed minded criteria when they answer your question?
You expect my answers to fit your criteria but yours dont fit mine.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Your original question:
Thats highly incorrect. Thinking, blinking, looking, breathing, dreaming affect no one and nothing else.

I guess I understand why your choosing to answer do foolishly however, its because you can't. There is no answer and you know that.

We aren't from earth and at least now you see just how obvious it is. Your answer or the lack of confims that you know. You can change the settings all you want but the fact is there is not one species that interacts with humans because of a needed relationship unless humans made it that way by choice or by accident.

If we came from else where, then so did every single animal on this planet, because there is one small bacterium that we cant live without, and it cant live without us (the bigger us as in ALL terrestrial organisms) Its called mitochondria and it is in every nucleic cell of every animal on the planet (with the exception of sperm cells).

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

You are not up to speed on this thread obviously.

Itsthespoof maintains that we do not 'fit' on this planet because we were brought here by aliens. His proof is we have hands and that we do not have one food source which means our real source of energy is not on this planet.

I agree that if humans disapeared life would go on just the same as if any other species became extinct. It would have an impact both positive and negative on the remaining animals. Itsthespoof maintains it would have none other than the domesticated animals which we also need because we are not from here.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

If we came from else where, then so did every single animal on this planet, because there is one small bacterium that we cant live without, and it cant live without us (the bigger us as in ALL terrestrial organisms) Its called mitochondria and it is in every nucleic cell of every animal on the planet (with the exception of sperm cells).
It's also not in blood, and just because we have some common things does not mean we are from here.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

You are not up to speed on this thread obviously.

Itsthespoof maintains that we do not 'fit' on this planet because we were brought here by aliens. His proof is we have hands and that we do not have one food source which means our real source of energy is not on this planet.
Colin we have clear documentation we were brought here by aliens. And if your going to use the hands example, at least get it right. Our hands don't associate with anything specifically on this planet, as in a nich, you know like how an anteaters tounge is specefically for grabbing ants.

We have some food source here, in fact we have a lot of it. We scavage the earth because whats not here, or whats lacking in our INTENDED diet.

I agree that if humans disapeared life would go on just the same as if any other species became extinct. It would have an impact both positive and negative on the remaining animals. Itsthespoof maintains it would have none other than the domesticated animals which we also need because we are not from here.
If we dissapeared, there would be a 100% positive impact on this planet. You can't possibly think think this planet is NOT rejecting us.
edit on 3-1-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Thinking is why mankind is where he is today. That has had a pretty big impact on this planet wouldnt you say.

If you did not blink your eyes would dry up and you would go blind. A big affect on you, your family and an easy meal if you lived as a hunter gatherer.

I covered looking. I covered breathing. I covered dreaming. You again choose to reject the answers. I could care less.

I understand why you will not consider the examples I have given you including the house sparrow.

If you believe you have convinced me in any way that we are not from earth then you are more deluded than I thought.

Your determination to be the 'see no evidence monkey' means you are desperate to cling on to your frankly stupid position that we do not fit

Answer to your next post

I know for a fact that when I dream or look at things, there is no impact on earth, your just being a silly goose trying to prove your point and you lost.
So its a win/loose debate then? I showed you in the limited context of a forum that all actions have a reaction both planned and unplanned. I do not lose just because you say so and choose to close your mind.

I'm shocked you didn't say they evolved into liking them.
Ok I'll shock you again. I fully expect that they do like how they taste otherwise why would they eat them?

You expect my answers to fit your criteria but yours dont fit mine.
I do not put restrictions on how to answer anything. By never considering any answer you are given you do that to yourself.

edit on 3-1-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join