It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Fossil records are essential.
They prove you guys wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy was right:

This planet is a giant supercomputer built by trans-dimensional beings who specialize in planet building.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

How many times has the church changed their stance because the bible was proven false with science?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Obvious troll is obvious. Your idea isn't necessarily bad, but your title was obviously meant to attract attention based on a false premise. Unfortunately, it worked. I'm disappointed, ATS. Stop feeding the guppies.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
A few animals that dont fall in line with evolution!
There are quite a few animals that totally disrupt the evolution theory. The platypus completely crazy looking animal!
The bat flying mammal? The puffer fish also is very close to our DNA structure although I do puff up sometimes I'm not covered in spines....that you can see anyways.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jrkelly77

Well, they don't really disrupt or oppose the theory. They offer a 'challenge', if you will, to scientists and researchers to figure out exactly how these creatures evolved.

There is an easy way to disprove evolution - that would be to go and find a anachronistic fossil, i.e. a fossil of a rabbit or a human in the same sedimentary layer as a velociraptor. Since this has never happened, the theory of evolution still stands

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Just on your title OP.
Evolution proven.... rather than Evolution proved... - otherwise 100% was proven wrong by evolution.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
I would like to pose a scenario.

Let's put all the evidence of evolution to one side for a spell. That Darwin and all that followed were mistaken as some maintain.

I would like the pro Evolution group (that includes me) to take a back seat and give the anti evolution group a chance to explain how life on this planet is the way it is now.

I am not asking how life started just an explanation of the diversity of life from the deep dark depths of the oceans to the blue skies above and pole to pole.

I would like an explanation of the fossil records but it is not essential.

As I say I would like the pro evolution group to resist comments for a while. My guess is there will be few takers but I may be suprised.

Your thread title is bullcrap. Thanks for wasting my time and making me click this.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
solar flares and ejected solar matter gave earth the amino acids and the building blocks to begin earths life cycle, solar radiation is the source of mutations, causing evolution... its just my opinion.

no god needed.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
wikiI'm suprised no one has brought up Gap creationism in this thread.
edit on 22-9-2011 by jrkelly77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lordvander

Can you provide sourced examples of how the Bible was Proven false by science? I can save you the trouble- you cannot. The Bible is not a science text, it is an account of everything in the context of the Abrahamic Deity. Thus it does not present any theorem to be analyzed. It presents a faith based account of all things.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
How about this:
Evolution is the means by which God creates. There are no inbetween fossils because God just takes a look and says "Well that ain't gonna work" and wham wipes em out and wham brings in the next model. I mean to say, how can you expect anyone or any 'God' to just imagine a creature, and its perfect right off the bat - ain't going to happen I reckon. So he/her/it had to improve each model until it was pretty close to what was wanted.
There ya go, evolution meets creationalism and both sides are happy - but then....

I'm also pretty keen on the idea that aliens did a little genetic engineering with their dna and some local bipods they found here. A little ape, a little alien and "We Are Borg".
Could be they realised they needed to get all those pesky dinosaurs and ginormous critters out of the way before introducing modern man so they arranged a bit of a hell storm with some handy meteors they came across.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Threads grow so fast on ATS, it is hard to keep track of conversation.
I want to talk about dinosaur and the confusion that these created in our minds.
First of all there is no conclusive evidence that dinosaurs evolved into something else.
There is evidence that dinosaur existed and disappeared at some time in history.
I have an alternative theory. What if dinosaurs were brought by some ET ship, thrived on earth for some time, and eventually disappeared as they could not adapt to earth’s climate.

It is quite possible that man co-existed with dinosaur but at different place (say different continent) on earth. The fossil evidence tells us something existed but it does not preclude existence of something else. Human bodies and animal bodies do not last very long on earth. These decay in a matter of few years. So we have fossil record formed during really exceptional circumstances. For example an animal trapped in quicksand that got buried by lava flow. A human is unlikely to go anywhere near an active volcano.
Now let us talk about genetic research for drugs. Somebody pointed out they can make drugs based on genetics in a fairly predictable fashion.
I think this is simply not true. So many drug molecules fail testing. So many diseases remain uncured even after decades of discovery. New diseases are being discovered all the time, perhaps due to all this ‘research’ carried out by man.

I shall consider humans successful when all hospitals are closed and people become disease-free. It is more important to eliminate the reason for disease than cure the disease. Till such time, I would say, theory of God’s creation of all life forms cannot be denied.

Learned of Veda says that life was created by God on many planets in many star systems. And God has given the means to travel large distances in space to man. So it is possible for a race to hop planets. Of course a man can take his animals with him if his ship is large enough. So animals not native to a planet can appear, but does not mean that these are ‘created’ by man.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The thread title is a little misleading on the face of it but if you read the OP it's obvious what he meant in context. This is a challenge to IDers to prove their case rather than simply punching holes in evolution. Because, ever if evolution is false, that does not mean ID is true.

However, as expected, IDers STILL try to attack evolution. Evolution can cite evidence in its favour that makes no mention of creationism, so, why does every piece of creationist "evidence" start with "well, evolution can't account for...".

Duhhh!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

i just dont think it to be that simple, and the fact that satan placed the fossils here to trick us, i had never heard that before, that was funny. Im sorry but the whole idea of poof, poof, poof, and its there is just not viable.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
How about this:
Evolution is the means by which God creates. There are no inbetween fossils because God just takes a look and says "Well that ain't gonna work" and wham wipes em out and wham brings in the next model. I mean to say, how can you expect anyone or any 'God' to just imagine a creature, and its perfect right off the bat - ain't going to happen I reckon. So he/her/it had to improve each model until it was pretty close to what was wanted.
There ya go, evolution meets creationalism and both sides are happy - but then....

I'm also pretty keen on the idea that aliens did a little genetic engineering with their dna and some local bipods they found here. A little ape, a little alien and "We Are Borg".
Could be they realised they needed to get all those pesky dinosaurs and ginormous critters out of the way before introducing modern man so they arranged a bit of a hell storm with some handy meteors they came across.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by chevyfireball
How about this:
Evolution is the means by which God creates. There are no inbetween fossils because God just takes a look and says "Well that ain't gonna work" and wham wipes em out and wham brings in the next model. I mean to say, how can you expect anyone or any 'God' to just imagine a creature, and its perfect right off the bat - ain't going to happen I reckon.

Well, there goes his omniscience, omnipotence, and perfection. You can scrap the Bible too, now you're disagreeing so strongly with its descriptions of God.

Makes one wonder why you need doubt the standard account of evolution in the first place.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
"Evolution proved 100% Wrong"

Dude, are you a tabloid reporter or what?? No offense, but you sound like one. Did evolution actually PROVED wrong? When? By whom?
Or you just want to throw some gas on the fire here by placing titles right out of the context of your thread?

WTF?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join