It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dowsing/Witching for water.... Yeah this is another crazy old man skill

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Shut up... that doesn't work... does it????.... You bet your ass it does...
And when finding a usable supply of drinking water isn't obvious try this...

first you need to make yourself a pair of rods...

First cut 36" long or longer... wire with the pliers into 2

18" pieces. Then use the pliers to bend the last 6" of the wire

into a 90 degree angle to form the handle.

I've been known to just use a metal clothes hanger for this...

if your not comfortable making your own you can buy them... but come on... why spend the money???
Go on... go make a pair... I'll wait...............twiddles my fingers... at least I hope that's my finger???

Okay got your rods... now you need to practice... BTW dowsing rods will find more than just water so we'll cover that too... when holding rods you hold them lose, lose, lose...
almost to the point where they fall out of your hands...
they need to swing freely, on their own...
some folks will set the rods in a piece of tubing as a make shift holder...

Step 1.Ask a friend to bury an object (try a metal object or small bottle of water) somewhere in your yard, just a few inches below the surface. Be sure your friend is careful to conceal the burial spot so that it is not at all obvious where they have dug.

Next: Before starting, mentally picture what it is your looking for... I like to have just a little sip of water in my mouth to help me focus on water...

Trust the rods... you don't have to just start wandering around hoping something happens... once you have it fixed in your mind what you seek the rods will point you the right way to go...

Walk slowly, concentrating on the object and trying to remain open and sensitive to the movements of the dowsing tool.
My experience with dowsing rods says when you find water the rods will cross over each other in front of you...Metal objects make them turn outwards.... pointing away from each other

When your dowsing tool reacts and indicates a specific spot.... stop.... now here's what really messes people up...
the object you seek is not under the rods... it is under your feet... you can hold those rods out at arms length and it doesn't matter... the target is under your feet so if mark the spot under the rods you could be off by several feet...

Practice practice practice... the more you do it the better you get and more confident you'll become... so yeah this old timer trick really does work... but don't ask me how... it just does...

Okay now go watch this video
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Any scientific explanation as to why this works?

I have always been curious as to how this actually works but never cared enough to research it. I have seen it done but never tried it myself.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Not a clue... I mean like an expert one...
but...
Water is a conductor.... the earth is one big magnetic field... you know what happens when you pass a conductor threw a magnetic field right???

I think the rods are responding to the EMF but what do I know...;

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Sounds logical enough, I will go with that.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
my grandmother always just used a Y shaped willow tree stick.
grab the two top ends of the Y, and hold them a certain way(sorta like those rods),
and when the stick bends down to the ground you have water.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
S&F DaddyBare for another good survival thread.

Question: For practice, you said to have someone bury a bottle of water or metal object a few inches below the surface. How far down could the water or object actually be when you're doing this "for real?" In other words, is there a depth range?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by Skewed

Not a clue... I mean like an expert one...
but...
Water is a conductor.... the earth is one big magnetic field... you know what happens when you pass a conductor threw a magnetic field right???

I think the rods are responding to the EMF but what do I know...;

I have heard that it has to do with the ideomotor effect.
en.wikipedia.org...

First of all, your specific intention is crucial, like you said you need to know what you seek.

The brain is processing much more information than the conscious mind perceives. Think of your computer - right now you are only looking at my post (maybe a few other things). But in the background, your computer is processing a whole lot more information than what your eyes are looking at.

The rods only act as an indicator - all of the seeking is done by your nervous system (brain and sense neurons), and the ideomotor effect is used as a signal to the conscious part of the mind.

In short, I think when we douse we are detecting EMF using our nervous system, and the rods or pendulum or whatnot are the connection between conscious and unconscious mind.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Back home they use cottonwood branches... we only had coyote willow there and that's more like a bramble bush... I go for the rods myself... other's might use a crystal... I've heard that works too but how I don't know ...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I would not have believed it until I tried it. It seems ridiculous, but those rods move with a discernable force you can feel. I wasn't moving those rods myself subconsciously. How do I know? Because I could feel the force move the rods. I could react against it, consciously, and the rods still moved by overcoming my conscious resistance. I was taught by an old plumbing contractor. He used it in his business.

So, yeah. It works. Couldn't tell you how.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

A fork from a small peach tree limb will work even better.

I have never been very successful myself, but I have seen other do very well.

I have had two water wells "witched" and they were right where I was told to drill.

One a little less and one at more than 100 feet deep.

I have used the rods to find underground electrical cables and gas lines while doing construction.
edit on 21-9-2011 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

it does work. i have tried it myself, the rods did move. many people in australia use this method.

how do you know how deep the water would be? and how do you know that you actually found water? my neighbour found several coal deposit this way, even water, but not worth digging a boar for. the digging then cost him a bit.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
S&F DaddyBare for another good survival thread.

Question: For practice, you said to have someone bury a bottle of water or metal object a few inches below the surface. How far down could the water or object actually be when you're doing this "for real?" In other words, is there a depth range?

Well you do learn to get a feel for it...
if you came out here to SE Kansas any where you dig you'll find water in less that a dozen feet...
but back in the Rocky mountains we were looking for Artisan wells... under ground springs that flow just under the surface... sometimes you kick over a rock and there it is... sometimes it's 20 or more feet down.... once your dug a few of these you start to understand the rods are also telling you how deep.... but that too takes experience ... you just have to do it.... then you just know

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i think out of all the skills out there that we should all learn

this one should be at the top of everyones list.

water? 3 days without it your dead

great thread man have seen those in years

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
My friends and I just had a conversation about this, and my surfer wife said something that makes me feel this works.

She said when she gets near the ocean she can feel it, she said think about it.

You know what, I kinda can feel when I get near the ocean, even if I am in a fully enclosed car with the ac going.

Ive been lucky enough to live 30min from the ocean or less all my life, and I had never noticed that but on thinking back I could tell.

we are mostly water after all, no reason we wouldn't have some innate water finding ability

edit on 21-9-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

It is amazing how much we really know,
and do not realize it.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

I have heard of this method because the willow is a heavy drinker when it comes to water. So you have to use wood of a tree that only survives by water.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Dowsing does NOT work.....you may come across water by pure chance but there is no science behind it.

Get 10 professional dowsers, get 20 boxes. Put one bottle of water under a random box....1 may find it by chance, but the other 9 will fail to find it...and begin with their excuses as to why they missed it.

If you can prove otherwise.....you can be a millionaire

www.randi.org...

No one to date has passed this kind of scientific testing.

Water is everywhere below our feet, so these people often find it by chance rather than skill.

edit on 21-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Dowsing does NOT work.....you may come across water by pure chance but there is no science behind it.

Aside from the fact that Randi has come under sever criticism for structuring tests so that they CANNOT work,
my personal view is that the rods...or willow branch or crystal...are simply methods of focusing what might be called one's innate psychic ability. I once asked a water-witch if he'd be able to discern the location of unmarked graves. He told me he wasn't sure how to go about it...I suggested that he do what he always did, but in stead of water, think stiffs. A pity we were never able to take the matter any further.
I have been told stories, though of archaeologists that have used this kind of methodology with success.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I have used this method to find water, sewage, and underground electrical lines.

I met one elderly man about 15 years ago who uses a mesquite or willow forked branch, I have no clue how that works, but it is crazy to witness in person.

Good thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Something I will need to try.. It is nice to have one more skill

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join