It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF – T minus 2 hours

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

Yeah I had to toss that into the ringpool.

I would too I would sit there in quiet solitude like I was some sort of philosopher of time curl up in a corner, feel sorry for myself for about 5 minutes, tell everyone to close their mouths again, then I would try and squeeze one more movie torrent out before my line got clipped.

On a real note, I have been over my survival SHTF scenarios so many time I know it as good as I do the pledge of allegeance. All there is left now is the 2 coming together. We have the fan in one hand and the # in the other and both filled first, it will hit the fan after the levee of life overthrows, then we will all die like floating rats.

Everyone learn how to play guitar and pop a few squiznaughts out!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
We have practiced leaving in less than 30 minutes. The older children have had drills packing the kitchen without us. I load up the foods stores, while wife loads the pre-packed travel clothing and hygiene supplies.

If we decide to shelter-in-place, my personal is filling all my ice chests from the freezers---saving as much of our frozen meat supply as possible. If/when electricity is lost, I'll spend the first few hours smoking the hams and jerking the beef and venison. I have gas and wood-fired grills, with plenty of fuel. I have non-electric back-ups for processing the meat. I probably couldn't save all of it; but I bet I could jerk 90 lb or so of meat, and smoke 30-50 lb of meat so it would last a week or so. Once that is accomplished, I'd host a neighborhood cookout with all the stuff that will spoil.

<< 1   >>

join