It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF – T minus 2 hours

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Great article here. Practical and simple... Essentially, you have a 2 hour window to prep for an event. What do you do. This is not an apocalyptic scenario.

So, to repeat the question, if you have limited time before the SHTF, what action would you take? It depends in large measure on SHTF Survivalwhat form the SHTF event takes. I heard a story of an older lady (70 something I think) who felt the earthquake in Japan. As soon as the quake stopped, she got on her bicycle and rode for the hills. She didn’t go back home for anything or take anything, she just rode and she survived the tsunami that claimed her town and most of the town’s people. The quake gave zero warning and the tsunami gave warning of only a few minutes.

SHTF – T Minus 2:00 – First things first. Start topping off your water supply.

SHTF - T Minus 1:45 - If you have help at your house then you can start for the stores now. Your help will finish the top offs and inventory.

SHTF – T Minus 1:30 – Going to the grocery store is probably a waste of time unless you absolutely MUST have something from there. If you must fill any holes in your prep supplies think about a sporting goods store or Sam’s Club. You are less likely to run into panicking mobs there than at the grocery store. Remember paper products may be worth their weight in gold if you already have your food stuff squared away.

SHTF – T Minus 0:45 – Go to pharmacy and get any refills you can pick up. Go inside and restock any OTC (Over the Counter) SHTF Planningmedicines you might need (think Imodium, antacids, analgesics, vitamins, sleep aids, masks, etc.) .

SHTF – T Minus 0:30 – Place BOBs (Bug Out Bags) near doors in case of fire and an immediate evacuation is needed.

SHTF – T Minus 0:10 –It is now close enough to the SHTF that no further outside work should be attempted. Set up a security watch in the house and wait. Use an emergency radio to keep track of news if power is lost in the house.

SHTF – T Minuse 0:00 – Now that the event has arrived, maintain a solid fire watch for at least an hour after all flames are extinguished. It would really be annoying to survive a SHTF event only to be burned out by your lighting or heating prep. After an hour, the risk that anything will re-ignite diminishes greatly.

survivalcache.com...

You get the idea. The article goes into greater detail at each step and should serve as a solid guideline for establishing a plan that better suits your environment and needs. Therefore, having something on paper helps maintain your focus at a time when it is very easy to get distracted. Write it down on note cards, laminate them and keep them with your kit. There is a reason flight crews use written check lists.

I'm just a prepper...who hopes to survive.

edit on 21-9-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from title

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
My plan for when SHTF?

I would start meditating. Drink booze if it was there? Smoke a cigarette I suppose.. but I'm already a smoker so it wouldn't be nowhere near as glamorous as in a Hollywood picture.

Would be convenient if there was a plausible sex partner at the time.. though its the end of the world I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get laid.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Two hours would give me plenty of time to throw the BOB's and bike into the canoe and start rowing for Wisconsin and family.

If anything, I'll be in a lot better shape if I survive the trip home.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Pack up all the food and water you can, grab the pets and kids, and head for the nearest, highest cave around.
If you survive whatever happens after making it to the cave, the rest should be easy pickings, until the military finds and scoops you and the other survivors up and throws you into FEMA survival camps.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Run down the property to those I care about like an electricuted goat and bleat '' We're all going to die! ''

Run inside tell everyone to get up and get their # straight, Grab all water and/or treatment tablets, grab a few bags of rice/seasonings/flour/yeast in my mess bag.

Grab my small emergency 20 watt solar power pack, with my other pack with survival essentials/shelter.

Add my handcrank radio/hamm, top of my stash and my papers, grab some whiskey, hook my boat up and catch out if needed, but it would have to literally be the end of all for something to come out here like that.

More than likely though, I would make everyone go under in the hatch and close their mouth as I get intoxicated beyond all recognition and think.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Pack up all the food and water you can, grab the pets and kids, and head for the nearest, highest cave around.
If you survive whatever happens after making it to the cave, the rest should be easy pickings, until the military finds and scoops you and the other survivors up and throws you into FEMA survival camps.

Big cave made of rocks is killer
in an erthquke SHTF.

That is a lot of rock falling on your head.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i'm gonna roll over and die.

and/or hope for the best.

im not sure any kind of 'aftermath' would be fun to live through, however long it lasts.

2 hrs eh? lets go get a view for the show of a lifetime...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
my thoughts here is to

treat every shtf like it was the end of the world as we know it

the simple fact even the best preppers arent going to think of everything and thats where dry runs come in

youve heard to term "memory reflex" practice, practice and practice some more.

point of fact katrina was a shtf and not everyone is back up on their feet

to me thats what prepping has always been about giving yourself

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Living in the hills of Kentucky, earthquake would be likey. We had two in the 80's. Other than that, planning to bug in more than bug out. We have the means to bug out, but with water and food already here we plan to ride it out as long as possable..

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

you have a 2 hour window to prep for an event. What do you do.

I would squeeze in a "quickie."

The apocalyptic nu&

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
My BoB's packed and ready, my guns and ammo are stored with my BoB in my SHTF Jeep and 2 hours would give me enough time to get to my family's designated rendezvous location that's 100 miles from nowhere on the family's 1000 acre ranch in Ga.

So depending on what it is that actually hits the fan I'm ready now. Now if it's Elenin (lol....right) i'd just sit back and puff on my peace pipe and have some REM playing on the stereo, listening to "The End of The World as We Know It".

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

my go bags have been prepped and easily accesible to the cars

for the last 8 years. i even tried getting alternative vehicles set up,

but there's no room for that unless you are a billionaire, where i live.

You really think we will have 2 hours? i sure hope so!

John Titor - and yes, this is where people stop listening, but here goes - once said

'you will have 10 minutes to get up and go' so prepare what you really find

irreplaceable. for him, it was family photographs, later destroyed in 'the war.'

PS- DONT FORGET YOU CAN'T USE THE ROADS. . . i would recommend becoming

familiar with the train tracks near your home. i am. mine are standard gauge, 4ft, 8in apart...

edit on 9/21/2011 by drphilxr because: added

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It's interesting to note that no one has said IF the SHTF... but rather, WHEN. For my part, I don't think any of us will be caught on guard because life goes on as we speak. Places to go, people to see and things to do. What IF you are far from your home, loved ones and supplies? What then? IMHO, I submit that when TSHTF, it won't make a lick - o -difference 'cuz TSHTF. otherwise it wouldn't be the SHTF. If that makes sense.. i.e. que sera sera.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It's interesting to note that no one has said IF the SHTF... but rather, WHEN. For my part, I don't think any of us will be caught on guard because life goes on as we speak. Places to go, people to see and things to do. What IF you are far from your home, loved ones and supplies? What then? IMHO, I submit that when TSHTF, it won't make a lick - o -difference 'cuz TSHTF. otherwise it wouldn't be the SHTF. If that makes sense.. i.e. que sera sera.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981

More than likely though, I would make everyone go under in the hatch and close their mouth as I get intoxicated beyond all recognition and think.
Still laughing my ass of at that.
"and think" lmao

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm a prepper as well. Better safe then sorry guys.

2 hours eh?
That's pretty good... I already have a good food/water stash pile, and my crew of friends throw large parties, and build speakers, stages, and stuff... # trying to go to any store, it'll be chaos in the streets.

There's two garages full of building supplies, camping supplies, and anything Iv though of being useful.
So in two hours I would be trying to organize everyone together, packing everything up, and heading out West towards the Rocky mountains, where my good friend's parents have a farm..

Best of luck everyone!
Even being the just a little bit prepared and aware, you're better off then like 98% of the rest of the population...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
"Fire watch", in this circumstance im standing "fire guard" for the rest of my life. Im reverting back to my military training. I will survive, so will will my family, the sad part about it all is that i know people are going to have to die to insure my survival but whats new? been there done that got the t shirt. Thats why im a F**king American hero, and a Bad A** mother F***ER
edit on 22-9-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrankieNinja

Good point. This where my EDC/get home bag comes into play if I'm within my typical daily range from home. If I'm out of town when something happens I will do my best to improvise to survive. Of course there is always the option to drink myself into oblivion when all else fails.

In terms of the scenarios that may trigger a SHTF moment, I firmly believe that we will most likely see a civil unrest problem triggered by an economic meltdown of some sort first. This event will be compounded by mother nature in one way or another. Hitting people when there down never ends well. Think of it as a 1,2 punch if you will. The knock out punch will result from federal intervention in a scenario like this. Martial law perhaps.

I really don't like the direction that our nation is headed and the 2012 election is already building up to volatile powder keg levels. Who knows. I just have a bad gut feeling that I've never had before.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by jibeho

my go bags have been prepped and easily accesible to the cars

for the last 8 years. i even tried getting alternative vehicles set up,

but there's no room for that unless you are a billionaire, where i live.

You really think we will have 2 hours? i sure hope so!

John Titor - and yes, this is where people stop listening, but here goes - once said

'you will have 10 minutes to get up and go' so prepare what you really find

irreplaceable. for him, it was family photographs, later destroyed in 'the war.'

PS- DONT FORGET YOU CAN'T USE THE ROADS. . . i would recommend becoming

familiar with the train tracks near your home. i am. mine are standard gauge, 4ft, 8in apart...

edit on 9/21/2011 by drphilxr because: added

Sounds like you're probably familiar with Rail Biking. I've always wanted to build one of these. This guy has a great design that can be adapted to practically any bike.
rrbike.freeservers.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

you have a 2 hour window to prep for an event. What do you do.

I would squeeze in a "quickie."

The apocalyptic nu&

That'll leave you about one hour, fifty eight minutes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join