It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan police: 3 hurt in possible car bomb blast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Michigan police: 3 hurt in possible car bomb blast

www.miamiherald.com

Police say an explosion in southeastern Michigan that's being investigated as the detonation of a car bomb seriously injured three people inside the vehicle.

The Monroe Police Department says in a statement that fire crews responded to the explosion around 5:40 p.m. Tuesday in Monroe near Interstate 75. Police say the three in the vehicle were taken St. Vincent Medical Center in Toledo, Ohio, where they were in serious condition.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
What the hell? Car bomb in Michigan?

Was it really a car bomb? I mean 3 people in the car when it exploded... this doesn't look at all like a ``car bomb`` in the conventional sense...

Maybe suicide pact gone wrong? That or an accident.

I doubt it's big bad Al-CIAda that did this.

But let's see how the MSM spins this.

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I'm going to have to say that was not a terrorist 'attack'. Sounds more like an internal issue, i.e., revenge, accident, or some other reason. It would make no sense for 'terrorists' to attack there. But, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

i reckon they were transporting materials, for a lab. a meth lab maybe.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Yep, that's what I'm guessing.

Either that or some small time drug dealer wants to look like a real mobster and tried to make an example out of his competition. Epic failure though. Nothing worse than a failed assassination. If it wasn't an accident, then the responsible party is probably already being disposed of somewhere.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
reply to post by wrathofall

i reckon they were transporting materials, for a lab. a meth lab maybe.

Very good possibility!
It's Michigan after all there's not much else to do than get high...

edit on 21-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
You are all forgetting that Michigan has the largest Arab-American community in America...Dearborn. However, you are most likely right, drugs or small time something or another gone wrong.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
BIN LADEN IS ALIVE

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Funny, never heard about this on the local news this morning.
I'm guessing meth lab as well. Seems like they are popping up all over this state lately. Or we are just hearing about it more.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Great news, its a good thing civilians did not get injured

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The first thing that came to my mind when I read the OP was what the heck is in Michigan?, then I thought it most be drugs, perhaps the economy has gone so bad when it comes to drug money that now the drug lords are warning those that works for them, "give me my money or I bomb you".

But I had not clue that is a large Arab community in Michigan, still I guess "you rob my 7/11 I bomb you". I forgot Indians are the one running gas stations.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I see this event is in close proximity to Toledo. Perhaps a little retaliation for this Raid at IHOP locations in Ohio and Indiana.

Several IHOP locations are re-opening after seven IHOP locations in Ohio and Indiana were raided early Tuesday morning by the FBI, Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency and local police.

Officials with Homeland Security tell us the investigation is currently sealed and cannot release any additional information.

A well-placed source with Toledo Police Department tells WTOL 11 the investigation surrounds allegations of money laundering and possibly undocumented workers.

This source also told us there may be allegations of terrorism, but a spokesperson with IHOP's corporate office says they have been told there are no terrorism links.

Locations that were raided:

- Talmadge Road in west Toledo

- Fremont-Pike location in Perrysburg

- Airport Highway in Springfield Township

- Central Avenue in Sylvania Township near McCord road

- An IHOP in Lima, Ohio

- An IHOP in Findlay, Ohio

- An IHOP in Evansville, Indiana

Homeland Security confirms search warrants were executed at 6 a.m.

All seven of the restaurants are owned by Terry Elk.

Terry Elk?? His real name is Tarek Elkafrawi.

So, who is Tarek Elkafrawi? Is he a Sunni or Shi’ite Muslim? Same questions about Maazen Kadir. And from which country did they emanate? If you know, please e-mail me or comment here. I’d like to find out exactly which Islamic terrorist group they were helping to fund with your pancake orders. My guess is that it is HAMAS, since the names indicate they are likely Egyptian or Palestinian Sunnis. The managers of the raided Perrysburg, Ohio location owned by Elkafrawi are named “Jamil Awwad” and “Ray Awwad.” Same questions about them. And, FYI, you can bet the “Ray” is an Americanized version of something else.

www.debbieschlussel.com...

This is way to close to home for me and I know that the roots of these organizations run very deep and these businesses have been established for a reason over the course of the last 15 years.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So this could have roots on terrorism after all, my husband loves IHOP on Saturday mornings, I will make sure that we stay away from their businesses for now, I guess is Cracker Barrel.

The things you learn this days, I thought IHOP was all American.

edit on 21-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
www.toledoblade.com...

seems there was an adult and 2 kids in the car. shame. maybe the car just went up and people described it as a bomb going off. although the ATF are invovled?

i can't believe the anti-arab brainwashing is working so well on some folks in here.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

It is better described as a health aversion to Islamic Jihad. The facts are that Michigan has imported a huge muslim population who are not interested in participating in Michigan's culture; they are there to replace it with Islam through the process of Jihad in the footsteps of the warlord prophet, Mohammed.

While this incident may not be jihad related, Michigan is a center of Islamic Jihad in the region.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

yeah. thanks for proving my point. again.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Your ignorance of a process 1,400 years old is not something you should parade about. Your denial of Jihad is sweet music the the ears of the jihadists. Before proclaiming everyone brainwashed to hate "arabs", you should perhaps begin studying the military history of Islam.

Or you can insult me. Either way is fine.
edit on 21-9-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
www.toledoblade.com...

seems there was an adult and 2 kids in the car. shame. maybe the car just went up and people described it as a bomb going off. although the ATF are invovled?

i can't believe the anti-arab brainwashing is working so well on some folks in here.

No brainwashing here. Just an odd timing of multiple events in a small area. If this was a bomb, it would appear that it most likely went off prematurely. Wonder where the driver was heading??

Just speculation at this point. Ever been to Dearborn?? Home of the largest Mosque in the US as well as the Arab American Museum etc..

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I agree people doesn't want to understand that the goal of Islamic extremist is not different than the Christian ones, to control by force, the infiltration of Islamic extremist in the US is growing, is an agenda that they have not reason to hide, first move to areas make themselves big enough to change and get recognitions within local governments and littler by littler get into higher government positions and keep influencing laws.

And time is in their hands.

edit on 21-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

i really have no interest in a ' i'm not a racist debate'.

anyway, to change the subject, stories like this can be very interesting. they are on the whole 'small local stories' but for some reason end up getting world wide coverage. i find this very interesting and something that very often happens for a reason. i have noticed that if you watch world news and generally keep an eye on whats going on everyway you may have noticed something.

every so often you will a strange, small, even amusing story from a rather odd location. some place you don't usually hear news from. your mind is briefly drawn to that location , you read the story and forget about it just as quick. but then , maybe a week or two later some absolute horrific disaster will occur in this exact location. its almost as if the first story was to draw your attention to the location in preparation for the main event.

this story is a slightly different example. the strange part of this story is the 'car bomb' element. its not something you expect in michigan. this story is being played around the world. now on this occasion I would not be worried about the location. i am more worried about the 'strange part' of the story. the 'car bomb'. the story is mainly a non-event. nothing important unless u live in that location. but 'car bomb' is fresh in your mind in a strange location. i would be worried about a very serious car bomb going off in a strange location or killing someone very important in the next week or 2.
i have tried to explain this as best as i can and i have seen it play out regularly.

anyway, feel free to label me a complete fool. because lets face it , that really is a silly theory , isn't it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join