It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan police: 3 hurt in possible car bomb blast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Isn't it just a bit early to playing the islamic
terrorist card?
There's just not enough evidence or facts yet.
O.K. i'll start a new theory..maybe it was a
car full of vegans lighting their farts!!
Let's wait and see

p.s. no offence to the folk who may have lost loved ones

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ho chi minh

you know i was thinking the same thing. but it turns out i was wrong.

you see i am ignorant.

michigan is full of arabs/muslims, it has the biggest mosque in the US.

so if it wasn't them this time, it doesn't matter , it will definitley be them the next time.

watch out, muslims about.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
still no news on this. there is supposed to be a press conference at some stage.

the fact its an adult with 2 kids in the car is making me wonder is it something as innocent as a gas cylinder going off in the car by accident. dads having a smoke and there is a leaking gas cylinder in the back.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
more news on this.

10k reward put up already. this is interesting.

www.freep.com...|topnews|text|FRONT PAGE

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

That's a chilling image of the car on fire in the middle of the road. Next step is IDing the driver. I know I've alluded to the recent IHOP raids but this could certainly be related to a variety of underworld entities that have lurked in the Detroit area for decades.

Who was this guy? Judge? Political figure? Union boss?

Anyway, thanks for keeping the updates rolling. Let's see if $10k is enough to get someone to talk.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The "good Ole days" may be coming back, who said the mafia is death in America, wait!!! now we call them terrorist.

This is what we need now, with all the mess going on with the economy, unemployment and very soon Austerity(sounds familiar?) we may see more acts of violence in the streets. Persecution or else.
edit on 21-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by solsticks
You are all forgetting that Michigan has the largest Arab-American community in America...Dearborn. However, you are most likely right, drugs or small time something or another gone wrong.

I guess that is why we are a more tolerant and open minded people then.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Drug related, most likely.

I hear that those cartel guys don't like to play nice...

OR, maybe he was carrying gasoline in an open container and lit up a butt...

After reading the update, it sounds more like a domestic issue. Small ante lawyer...disgruntled client or litigant? Or maybe he spent some money he shouldn't have?

edit on 21-9-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Im betting either organized crime or drugs related.

Here on Long Island we are very fortunate that we don't really have any problems with Meth but I know that some parts of the Midwest and down South have been absolutely devastated by the Metheads. My cousin went to college in Virginia and he says that entire communities are hooked on Meth. It's horrible.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm betting the owner of the vehicle is either:

A: a government employee with the potential to be a whistleblower
B: a mafia member and/or insider and/or informant (heavy mafia in Michigan)
C: a 'higher up' official of some kind that needs to be snuffed out

or

D: works as a claims officer at the local unemployment insurance office

If he's A, B, or C... rest assured the official story will be that it was just some kind of faulty engine part that blew when he tried to start the car... aka: a freak car accident. And we'll hear nothing more about it.

That's my conspiracy story and I'm sticking to it.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
more news on this.

10k reward put up already. this is interesting.

www.freep.com...|topnews|text|FRONT PAGE

Aha !!

He's a lawyer !

Dun dun dun...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
He's a lawyer at Lyden, Liebenthal & Chappell. Here's his page:

Erik Chappell

Here's a snippet from his bio describing his likely enemies:

Although it is not possible to describe the nature of all business cases, Mr. Chappell has litigated employment disputes including the defense of numerous wrongful discharge and discrimination claims; unfair competition claims which involved covenants not to compete, breaches of fiduciary duties, or misappropriation of corporate opportunities; construction disputes; real estate disputes; shareholder disputes; and all manner of contract disputes.

Edit: His page also references family law. That'd be my bet, if I were a betting man, that is. Divorces are nasty business.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Boreas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
NM got beat by 2 minutes.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Actually, the firm I found is a different one.

R.A. Swick & Assoc., Inc.

Towards the bottom of the page...

Erik has been working as the company's legal consultant since it was founded in 1994. Erik is an experienced contract attorney and has been involved in the aviation industry for many years. Erik has extensive knowledge of how aircraft deals are structured, including working with Escrow / Title companies, pre-purchase inspections, closings and 1031 exchanges. Erik's primapry concern is that all parties in a particular transaction are protected and fully understand the terms of the sales agreements.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boreas
He's a lawyer at Lyden, Liebenthal & Chappell. Here's his page:

Erik Chappell

Here's a snippet from his bio describing his likely enemies:

Although it is not possible to describe the nature of all business cases, Mr. Chappell has litigated employment disputes including the defense of numerous wrongful discharge and discrimination claims; unfair competition claims which involved covenants not to compete, breaches of fiduciary duties, or misappropriation of corporate opportunities; construction disputes; real estate disputes; shareholder disputes; and all manner of contract disputes.

Edit: His page also references family law. That'd be my bet, if I were a betting man, that is. Divorces are nasty business.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Boreas because: (no reason given)

Actually, I think the key links to what he does for a living is that fact that he handles corporate cases such as breaches of fudiciary duties, misappropriation of corporate opportunities, etc.

What's really sad about this is the fact that the SOB's waited until he had children with him.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
thats nasty stuff. driving the kids to football practice.

news report : www.wxyz.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The home page from the other firm I found is interesting too.

R.A. Swick & Assoc., Inc.

R.A. Swick & Assoc., Inc. was established in 1994 to provide the most personalized service possible in the Aircraft Sales Industry. R.A. Swick & Assoc., Inc. provides an entire spectrum of services in the Aviation industry, including Sales, Acquisitions, Management and Cost Analysis. We also provide associated services such as arranging and monitoring pre-purchase inspections, 1031 like kind exchanges, mission profile analysis, etc. Having 25 years experience in the Aviation industry, Rick Swick personally handles every aspect of a sale or acquisition, including contracts, pre-purchase inspections, tax exchanges and closings. Our in-house research team stays fully educated on the worldwide market daily. We are always able to give you a complete and accurate market analysis of where your aircraft stands in the worldwide market. We pride ourselves in providing you with the most detailed information in a timely fashion. Our goal is to make every client a permanent client!

Sounds like pretty high profile stuff. Anyone ever hear of this company?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

i really have no interest in a ' i'm not a racist debate'.

anyway, to change the subject, stories like this can be very interesting. they are on the whole 'small local stories' but for some reason end up getting world wide coverage. i find this very interesting and something that very often happens for a reason. i have noticed that if you watch world news and generally keep an eye on whats going on everyway you may have noticed something.

every so often you will a strange, small, even amusing story from a rather odd location. some place you don't usually hear news from. your mind is briefly drawn to that location , you read the story and forget about it just as quick. but then , maybe a week or two later some absolute horrific disaster will occur in this exact location. its almost as if the first story was to draw your attention to the location in preparation for the main event.

this story is a slightly different example. the strange part of this story is the 'car bomb' element. its not something you expect in michigan. this story is being played around the world. now on this occasion I would not be worried about the location. i am more worried about the 'strange part' of the story. the 'car bomb'. the story is mainly a non-event. nothing important unless u live in that location. but 'car bomb' is fresh in your mind in a strange location. i would be worried about a very serious car bomb going off in a strange location or killing someone very important in the next week or 2.
i have tried to explain this as best as i can and i have seen it play out regularly.

anyway, feel free to label me a complete fool. because lets face it , that really is a silly theory , isn't it?

ah sure its just a coincidence , isn't it?

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Now that more information is out about this guy, I am left wondering even more considering his significant list of casework and the types of law he practiced. Someone wanted to rub this guy out and also send a clear message. Sadly, he/she didn't care if anyone else died in the process. It certainly takes a special kind of crazy to do that.

I officially retract my speculation that this could have been related to a terror cell.

Here is more information along with comments from his peers in the law realm. Apparently the bomb was located near the center of the car.

www.freep.com...|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE[ed itby]edit on 22-9-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join