It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The vedic civilization and evolution of society in India

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

You are full of wisdom, and I pray to God that you get success in your quest for truth.

Bharat was called 'Vishwa-Guru' in Vedic time. This word means 'teacher of the universe'. People came from far off places to learn about our philosophy and science. So there is no doubt that Bharat has influenced religious thought in other places.

The Taxshila university (now in Pakistan) was famous first for its Vedic education, and then Buddhist education, and had teachers well versed in various disciplines of science, arts, and philosophy.

People do not realize that first university systems developed in India. Taxshila university started well before birth of Buddha.

Times change, people change, but truth never changes. Books can be destroyed, but truth cannot be destroyed. God is the supreme authority. Man can try but can never ever even get closer to what God does every moment. It is better for man to realize the power of God and submit to Him, rather than devise ever new tools of destruction and degradation.

It is very difficult to become a Rishi. Yoga is a very difficult discipline. It takes hundreds (even thousands) of years of human life to reach this stage. But the reward that God gives is also great. A Rishi can reconstruct any book of knowledge, as my Guru has done in case of many lost books.

We lost our glory due to our own faults. If we reclaim it, it will be if we make sincere effort.

My job is to start the fire - attract people towards wisdom of Veda.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

I am reading my way through this thread, as Indian history is something I love and believe has been misreported.

As i go through this thread, which will take all day as i am busy, i would like to ask the OP for their view on Lobsang Rampa.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The 'third eye' is talked about by many yogis and saints of india. It is not an eye in the physical body. So an instrument made of metal or wood cannot penetrate it.

Yoga has not been understood by outsiders. The primary reason is it requires very hard discipline, and a very very long time to achieve real progress. So some people resort to tantra (magic) to show their power. Many so called godmen of India have also resorted to tantra. Origin of such practices is in temples of Egypt, rather than in India. Priests of Egypt were practitioners of black magic. It was an important part of Egypt's religious rituals.

I shall cover the Vedic theology in brief, so that I can dispel many false notions about the vedic religion.

edit on 28-9-2011 by vedatruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
>>Why don't I see God

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I would be interested to hear more of what you have to say about the Egyptian priests performing "black magic", just what you classify "black magic" as, what you classify magic as, and how tantra equates to magic.

I have studied Amerind shamanism most recently, and am interested to see how Indian "magic", as well as Egyptian "magic" would compare.

I also have my own notions of what true "magic" is/was, and would like to hear your take on it (as our understandings are derived from different cultures).

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Veda says there are three immortal (everlasting, ‘swayambhoo’ in Sanskrit) entities:

God
Soul
Prakriti

Veda says that God did not create souls, or Prakriti. All three entities existed naturally. Nobody can create souls.

There are ‘countless’ but finite number of souls in the Universe. All souls are exactly same – you can consider soul like a fundamental particle of matter which cannot be further subdivided, but a particle of conscious, rather than the unconscious.

Prakriti is the non-alive matter. Prakriti is composed of superdense supercold particles which existed in the shape of a small sphere (seed) before God created Universe. All the visible Universe is created out of Prakriti, including human bodies. The mind is also made of gross matter made from Prakriti.

Visible matter is called gross (‘sthool’) in Veda, as compared to subtle matter (‘soochm’) of which soul is made of. As electron can see atom, but atom cannot see electron, the grosss matter cannot see subtle matter. This is the reason eyes made of gross matter cannot see soul.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Soul and God are alive, and both have divine quality. However there are many qualities of God that soul does not have.

Only a true seeker can understand God. God cannot be found in temples and statues, not even in pictures, or in mountains and rivers, or by gazing at sun or moon.

God is everywhere but hidden from view. Why? Because God’s power is so limitless, compared to soul, that a soul could not perform any action, if God was visible.

What does a human seek then. Yoga Shashtra provides the answer to the biggest mystery facing humans. When we are seeking God, we are actually seeking ‘SELF’. The soul has degraded and soiled from countless lives of sin, and so is unaware of itself – its own glory and power. It is grinding into an unending cycles of birth and death, suffering endless pain due to its ignorance. Yoga takes a soul from darkness to light, from powerless to power, by burning the sins and making the soul purer, that eventually it sees its own true form, a form of pure knowledge, pure bliss, and true power.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Many people in India and Tibet practice 'Tantra'. I am no expert in this, so I cannot explain. Vedic people are prohibited from learning / using such practices.

All I can say is they use chemicals to induce dream state, in which a person 'sees' what is suggested by the 'performer'.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It would seem that you and I share some level of commonality in what we see "magic" as. Of course, there is more to it than just that alone....but you have a fairly good part of it right there.

We all take our own path. I prefer to study and konw all faiths. You seem to want to focus on Veda Nothing wrong with that at all.

Any idea where I can find some information relating to the specifics of what you describe (other than the hit and miss with the fringe on Google search)?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have read the Upanishads, Vedas (most), Mahabharata, Bagavhad Gita, and a small bit more ....
I am very interested in Indian culture, history, and beliefs.

Am interested in seeing where else this thread will go.
S&F

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

We provide books for the beginners.

I can suggest you some books and where can you get them.

Internet is so vast that it confuses more than it informs. Veda, Upnishads are best learned directly from the Guru in the ancient tradition of 'Guru-Shishya parampara'.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

There is a very high chance that I have read at least some of the books. However, since reading indian spiritual texts, I have studied pretty deeply on the esoteric arts. Reading them again may give me a different perspective.

Share away!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Actually our tradition is contact-based rather than book-based.
Most of our learning is practical oriented. It is like science - you can learn from a book, but can understand only when you go to a laboratory and perform the experiment.

I appreciate you for taking the time in studying Vedic books. I pray to God that you progress in your learning.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
"tapasvibhyo adhiko yogi gyanibhyoapi matoadhikah I
karmibhyashchadhiko yogi tasmadyogi bhavaarjunah II" (Geeta 6/46)

Krsna praches Arjun - Yogi is better than a Tapasvi, A Learned man, and a Pious man. So Arjun, you become a Yogi.

Tapasvi - A person who repeats name of God in mind and reflects upon qualities of God.
Learned Man - A person who studies Veda, Upnishad, Shashtra etc. and gains knowledge about God
Pious Man - A person who follows Vedic religion (agnihotra, sanskar, yagna, daan etc.)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Atha Yoga-anushashnam | (Yoga Darshan - Samadhipaad - verse 1)
Yogash-cha-chitta-vritti-nirodh || (verse 2)
Tada Drishtuha swarupe awasthanam || (verse 3)

(1) Yoga is strict discipline (as explained further in Yoga Darshanam).
(2) Focussing of mind (still body, control of breath, complete forgetfulness of physical pain, absence of thoughts - is called Yoga)
(3) When achieved, soul establishes itself in its original form.

Rishi Patanjali has completely explained everything in just three lines of his book "Yoga Darshan".

You can read thousands of books - but these three lines sums up everything. The rest is all practical.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
>>Daan (charity)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I've read through this post with idle curiosity as I am not Indian or a Hindu. That said, it is always interesting to see the perspectives of other people in some of the more religious structured view of reality and god.

In my life, I can only speak from personal experience. I have lived before this lifetime. I remember existing in a pre-life state prior to becoming a human in this life. It's not something I care to believe in, rather a matter of fact based on first-hand experience. Other areas which also intrigue me are having lucid dreams, or out-of-body expeirences and more-so having dreams of future events and observing these dreams coming true.

These are experiences that I have had, which certainly suggests that something more is going on then just physical reality. However, what is to be said about it seems difficult to grasp due to the melting-pot of ideologies that have graced the planet.

Still, all very thought provoking, thanks for the thread.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

The sub-conscious mind does contain learning of the soul, and that can well into conscious mind during dreams.

Generally people do not remember previous lives. This is the way God has made humans, and there is a very good reason for it. Human life is very rare, and only human form has the freedom of action. Animals and plants do not have freedom of action, so they cannot do good deeds. Humans can perform action to reduce/burn sins by appropriate actions. But there is so much pain endured by the soul in previous lives, that any such memory will inhibit the capability of a human to do good deeds. You know psychopaths, who become perverted due to their bad experiences.

There are some people with developed "intuition", who can 'feel' future events. I would not say 'see', as nobody can see future events, not even the Rishis.

Please let me know if I can help in any way in your learning process.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It is the soul that feels happiness, and sorrow, pain and pleasure, not the body.

Body is made of chemicals, which can transmit electrical impulses, but cannot feel anything.

Only part of human that is alive (capable of taking action) is soul.

The biological processes in a body are sustained by 'life force' of the soul. These processes stop when soul leaves the body.

Each animal has a 'mind' which is like a computer - can collect and process information. But the decision maker (the logic part of CPU) is the soul.

Soul enters the body at the time of conception, and stays till death.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

People would be amazed if they knew that there was a time in which most people did live in harmony, and in the spirit of cooperation, and lawfulness and even the animals were cared for in what today would be called free clinics. People certainly never went without care. Yes, medical knowledge was very advanced- not just medicine, but diagnostics.
There are tons of medical texts that NEED to be translated.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join