It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The vedic civilization and evolution of society in India

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by vedatruth

If you read the post i answered then it will all make sense!!

Ok. I got it.

There was no activity in this thread, so I assumed that people are not interested.

I have a lot of material on the subject, and I shall post if I see some interest.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by veda truth

I have a great interest in this subject, however the way you answered me was not very encouraging.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I apologize. I jumped the gun.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth
God is called "Satrupa" or "Sachhidanand" because God is true (means always stays the same, is never destroyed).

I guess you mean Sat Chit Ananda!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

That's ok

Here is Rupert Spira speaking about Nama Rupa Sat Chit Ananda.
youtu.be...
His book The Transparency of Things - Contemplating the Nature of Experience, is an excellent read.

Namaste.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

Originally posted by vedatruth
God is called "Satrupa" or "Sachhidanand" because God is true (means always stays the same, is never destroyed).

I guess you mean Sat Chit Ananda!

Yes. Sanskrit to English transliteration is always tricky. Sanskrit has a tendency to combine words where sounds change due to combination. ('sandhi' and 'sandhi vichedh')

Thanks for pointing out.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

the only ones in india who believe in this are sikhs,muslims and buddhists.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I do not have the bandwidth. Can you please quote the most interesting part.

As I write what I post, there may be spelling mistakes sometimes. I would be very happy if you guys point them out, but please consider them un-intentional.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The objective of this thread was to look at practices of the vedic culture, then match it to historical and linguistic evidence to create a timeline till this culture was prominent.

Then we shall look at how sects and beliefs developed from vedic culture and why?

Next we shall analyze vedic religion in modern context.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil

the only ones in india who believe in this are sikhs,muslims and buddhists.

Vedic religion is mono-theistic. The Hindu is not a religion in the true sense. In my mind a religion must have a unique theology and a book of law, which is true of Vedic religion. Hinduism is a collection of many thoughts and practices, with only a tentative connection to Veda.

Sikhism is based on Veda. Buddhist borrow heavily from Veda, and I shall show these connection in my arguments. I shall skip Islam.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Veda (rig-veda, sam-veda, yajur-veda and atharva-veda) are the 'Bible' of vedic religion. The topics covered in the veda are:

1. An account of creation of universe and living beings
2. The nature and properties of God, Soul, and Prakriti
3. Types of living beings
4. Humans - why God created them and their purpose
5. Structure and Laws for human society
6. The ways to realise God
7. Arts and sciences that humans should engage in

And much more.

Upnishads are the treatises written by various Rishis to explain concepts originating from Veda, as a help in teaching students.

Sanskrit grammar and vocablury - Nirukta and Nighantu

Shashtra are books written by subject matter experts on science, engineering, social science etc.

Itihaas are books of history chronicling historical events. Ramayan and Mahabharat are part of Itihaas.

The above classes of books were used to teach students in Gurukul.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

yet hinduism has 3 crore gods/goddesses.hinduism is a mixture of several religions.
edit on 26-9-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
To understand vedic culture, we have to transport ourselves back in time 5300 years to Bharat before 'Mahabharat' war, a time when Sri Krisn was King of Yadava kingdom of Dwarka.

Bharat was divided in many kingdoms, each ruled by a king called 'Mandlik raja'. Some of the names of the kingdoms are Gandhaar, Sindhu, Hastinapur, Indraprasth, Mathura, Kashi, Patliputra, Vanga, Kosala, Dwarka etc.

The emperor (called 'chakravarti raja') had power over all these kingdoms. The king of Hastinapur "Dhritrashtra" was the emperor at the time of war. 'Chakravarti raja' is actually the king of entire earth. We cannot prove with definitive evidence that kingdoms in South India, Lanka, West Asia etc. accepted the supremacy of Hastinapur, but oral tradition does indicate so.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

yet hinduism has 3 crore gods/goddesses.hinduism is a mixture of several religions.

We consider Hinduism as a mixture of various 'sects' rather than religions.
The 3 crore figure is often quoted but nobody knows what it means.

In practice three prominent sects are there:
a. Shaiv
b. Vaishnav
c. Shakt

each with a few gods.

These are called sects as they have a theology but lack book of law. Only Veda covers the crucial 'structure of society', 'crimes and punishments' etc., so none of Hindu sects can exist without taking some component of Vedic thought.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

and where do the untouchables come from? in ancient india they were humiliated and ill treated.Even today they are

What about the christian missionaries killed in india by RSS and BJP? your own youngsters are abandoning your culture in droves and adopting western immorality.Yes, and the hindus they are the biggest cowards and backstabbers I have ever seen ... especially the ones from UP.

As for Sikhs and Buddhists , they are straight and clear hearted.In fact the sikhs saved hindus from Aurangzeb.and how the hindus reward them?

by murdering them in riots in 1984.

Hell ,one thing about most hindus,they are cowards who kiss the a## of those who ill-treat them and beat and betray those who defend you. Like the russians who saved your ungrateful nation from being nuked by USA in 1971 and you spit in their face.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Is there a decent translation of the vedas available on the net?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

and where do the untouchables come from? in ancient india they were humiliated and ill treated.Even today they are

Veda has no concept of un-touchability. The social problems have started with decline of Vedic religion and its replacement with false beliefs + dawn of a feudal system.

What about the christian missionaries killed in india by RSS and BJP? your own youngsters are abandoning your culture in droves and adopting western immorality.Yes, and the hindus they are the biggest cowards and backstabbers I have ever seen ... especially the ones from UP.

It is due to ignorance of Veda. Pundits are opposed to Veda, as Veda has no temples and statues, and preaches a single ‘formless’ God. Temples are source of income of Pundits.
Youngsters are disillusioned as various sects their parents adhered to do not properly explain modern science. It is the same as a lot of Christians.
Veda explains everything living and non-living adequately, but it is very hard to learn. Today’s Pundits are unable to learn Veda.

As for Sikhs and Buddhists , they are straight and clear hearted.In fact the sikhs saved hindus from Aurangzeb.and how the hindus reward them?
by murdering them in riots in 1984.

Sikhism is closest to Vedic religion, out of all modern religions. You can easily get convinced of this fact when you learn about Veda.
You will also realize that many concepts of Buddhism are borrowed from Veda.
I shall refrain from getting into politics as it is beyond the scope of this thread.

Hell ,one thing about most hindus,they are cowards who kiss the a## of those who ill-treat them and beat and betray those who defend you. Like the russians who saved your ungrateful nation from being nuked by USA in 1971 and you spit in their face.

India stuck with Russia all through 90s when Russia was down. So your statement is incorrect.
If Hindus were all cowards, India would not have survived as long as it did.
Your opinion of Hindus is borne out of ignorance and hate, but I am positive that your views will change once we progress this dialog.

edit on 26-9-2011 by vedatruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

Is there a decent translation of the vedas available on the net?

The answer is NO.

Veda is learned from a Master (Guru) in the so called 'Guru shishya parampara'. The reason is - a very hard discipline is required for developing intellect to understand Veda. It is written in 'old Sanskrit', a language no longer in vernacular use. Learning Sanskrit itself is quite difficult. Then using that knowledge to understand Veda is even more difficult as it is cryptic even from standards of Sanskrit literature.

So Rishis wrote Upnishads to explain concepts to students. But Upnishads are also not easy to understand until a student sticks to the hard regimen in a Gurukul.

A Hindi translation is published by 'Arya Pratinidhi Sabha', but it useful only for people who understand Hindi.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
As science can be learrned from books, but understood only from practical knowledge, spirituality (jouney of the soul) can be understood only by experience. A book can only start you on the journey.

>>Caste System

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
>>Social Structure of Vedic Society

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join