It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you depending/hoping for SHTF?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Can anybody provide me with a link to a video for food storage etc.? I've looked on youtube but they're just showing of their storage

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Here you go. Let me know if you have more specific questions. The member DaddyBare is quite thorough in the survival forum.

Edit: Sorry, I see you wrote "video". They usually only show off what someone already has, not how to do it.
edit on 22-9-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I find that the older I get the less I can depend on or hope for. I have faith I can get by somehow, but most of my plans fall though for any number of reasons. Sure, I can plan mundane things and get them done, esp. with a to do list, but concerning far ranging life plans, forget it. I gave up making real plans for my life a while back. Perhaps my plans are foolish and I have so many great expectations that would naturally be unattainable. What ever. I don't depend on a SHTF scenario but I hope the BS will end soon by what ever means. I don't want to die or live a miserable life, but both are certain in these uncertain times. What do I have to loose but my life anyway? I gave up caring and thus ended the frustration. Let what comes come, come what may. Let the winds of misfortune blow me around like a leaf in the wind. Not too many people would care and I'm mostly forgotten by the people who might care anyway.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Hellas

Here you go. Let me know if you have more specific questions. The member DaddyBare is quite thorough in the survival forum.

Edit: Sorry, I see you wrote "video". They usually only show off what someone already has, not how to do it.
edit on 22-9-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

I never thought that I would say that, but thank you superman!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
I realized that I am depending on a 2012 SHTF situation. I hope for something, preferably the destruction of the plant, but I would accept anything. I just can't conceive of life going on AS IS, beyond the next year or two. This is the only hope I have in life. It's all that really keeps me going; waiting on a major change in humanity or to witness its extinction. If by 2015 we are still living our pathetic existence with no real promise of an event occurring, I don't know how I will cope with that mentally.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Life as it is now, is too superficial. One feels as if one has lived for a thousand years. I'm done with it. I cannot comprehend or pretend anymore. I am too tired beyond words. I am hoping and waiting for a SHTF to happen within a few months, if not days. If I die in the process, well so be it.

Preparations? I'm giving it 1 more month to go before I go 'officially dead'. If a SHTF happens within the next month, then good riddance. Saves me all the trouble from doing it myself. Oh yes. The SWillHTF. It's just a matter of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join