It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The yearly CYCLE OF FEAR!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
First of all, hello to any who read this thread. I love ATS. I lurked for a couple years in high school (during class when i was supposed to be "researching") and just recently joined. I love conspiracy theories and reading through all the threads that so many different people come together to form. Although I am a skeptic, I DO look at both sides of the coin and tend not to jump to conclusions in order to debunk or to prove something.

That being said, I've noticed what seems to be a yearly cycle here at ATS. I don't think it's anybodies fault. Maybe it's in the change of the seasons and people's moods? Idk, but here is what I've seen so far..

Every year around this time, there is a mass belief that "this october/november is going to be the big one!"

For example, most everyone is familiar with the Oct 28th and 11/11/11 theories that literally CHOKE the boards every day.
I'm sure most of you remember the threads last year about web-bot and it's "tipping point" predictions forcasted to hit in Nov 2010. Couple that with the mysterious "missile" launch out of LA that nobody wanted to confess to PLUS Obama going to India at the same time with 30+ war ships. If this is foreign to you, or if you want to refresh yourself of the fear that was instilled in some members last year, here are those threads:
Web-Bot Global Tipping Point November 2010
LA Missile Launch
34 Warships sent from US for Obama visit to India

These threads all originating at around the same time convinced several members (and guests I'm sure) that we were in some kind of secret cold war with China. Maybe we were and still are? Idk.

Okay so two years in a row, we have speculations that the world is coming close to a mass-realization or WW3.
Let's go back a year further to November 2009...

Here's one we can relate specifically to this year and what we hear all the time: "It's all about the numbers! Fear this date! Conditions are perfect for TPTB to institute their global reign on society!"
Beware the 9th of November 2009

And here's one about alien disclosure, also for November. This particular thread states that these 'insiders' knew when Obama would disclose on national television that we were in alliance with several races of alien beings. They say that the air time on television has been paid for far in advance. Sound familiar to the Emergency Broadcast System set to run this November?
21 or 22 November first contact in Florida. Obama to disclose 5 days later.

So that's THREE years in a row where the conditions were set for the implementation of the NWO or for our world to turn upside down. How about a fourth? Here's an upbeat (sarcasm) forcast from the web-bot about an event comparable to 9/11 to occur Oct 7,2008. Let's have a read...
Web-Bot prediction for Oct 7th, 2008
This got 40 flags and 17 pages of discussion, so several people contributed and were caught up in this.

I think I've made my point. If not, I can probably scrounge up some more. I tried to use threads that consisted of several members contributions so that I wouldn't hear the argument of "Oh those threads weren't even popular!" because they were, and I distinctly remember most of them. Again, I really don't think it's the people's fault or that anyone is deliberately trying to scare people. I'm not sure what it is really... I think the transition from summer and sunshine, to the broadly sun-resistant winter season fills people with an uneasy feeling. But then there are those who really enjoy winter, so again I will say that I simply DO NOT KNOW!

Contributions and your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Feel free to add threads that you remember from this time of the year or from other times! There may be certain predictions that occur during certain times of the year!

edit on 20-9-2011 by wWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well its interesting to say the least. I suspect most people will remain quiet on it though instead of admitting they were wrong. I guess elenin will be 2011's autum freakout theory.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Well its interesting to say the least. I suspect most people will remain quiet on it though instead of admitting they were wrong. I guess elenin will be 2011's autum freakout theory.

True that

But I also think that those who made predictions in the past or who have seen things coming together, may have seriously thought they were right and were just doing what they thought was right in order to warn the masses.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
A good reminder to 'keep it real' and 'deny ignorance'

Great thread

Cheers

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
No a good reminder to use your common sense and not just jump on any doom story thats trending at that time.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Your observation basically correlates to the beginning of the school year. Makes sense for parents and the college bound (or maybe high school) - finally there's some "quality time" after the ravages and excesses of summer.
Kids go back to school, parents have more contemplative time. Same for young adults - the structure of school provides more time to indulge the ravings of the internet.

ganjoa

top topics

join