It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I called NASA regarding the No Fly Zone on Moon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I called NASA, asking for the library.

The first guy i asked if it was true, because i read it somewhere online, he says uhhhhhh, please hold.. lol

I was starting to get worried i would get MIB at my door, but i holded, and a girl came on the line, i asked her and she has never heard of it, and she said the Senate would smack nasa on the head if they tried to do that.

I told her to google it and she said abovetopsecret? I said uhhh...no....lol

She said it was an internet hoax, so truth or not?

Can anyone link me an actual credible site for this news

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by scapers2u

This could be a long shot but this vid might explain some things for ya.

Edit: wrong vid
edit on 20-9-2011 by Stop-loss! because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Link

Kudos on calling NASA

Star for you

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Good effort.

s&f

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Here ya go. The only source I can find, so...

Edit: I see a poster already posted this link

Moon to have no-fly zones by month end | The Hindu

www.thehindu.com...

No-fly zones will come into effect on the moon for the very first time by the end of this month! Why, even buffer zones that spacecraft may have to avoid will come into existence. The reason: avoiding any spraying of rocket exhaust or dust onto certain historical sites and artefacts on the moon.

The historical sites are of course the Apollo landing sites and artefacts present on the moon. And the “recommendations” are for preserving and protecting these historical sites. There are currently more than three dozen historical sites that preserve the more than four-decade-old remains.

“Apollo 11 and 17 sites [will] remain off-limits, with ground-travel buffers of 75 metres and 225 metres from each respective lunar lander,” states the July 20 guidelines of NASA. Science journal had obtained the guidelines.

edit on 20-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   

Good Effort

S&F

link   

instead of saying its an internet hoax, she probably meant to say the internet is a hoax.

you cant believe anything you see on the internet or on tv. its all a hoax. infact anything you see with your eyes is a hoax. you will only see the truth if you keep your eyes wide shut.

good of you to call though.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
One thing to note is that we have contaminated about 15% of the thin atmosphere of the moon with our rocket exhaust. So I can see the legitamacy of trying to protect the moon. NASA has no authority to make any restrictions on the use of the moon, but they are pretending they do. Typical behaviour from my facist country.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Great job, Op!

You should've told her you saw it on GLP.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
A bit of digging came up with this:

Protecting Apollo Sites

This isn't the first one, as I have bookmarked stories from Sept 1, but it looks like a credible source for the information. For what it's worth, NASA RSS feeds for the Press and public information have nothing remotely related going back to the middle of last month.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Thanks!

She mentioned abovetopsecret, i should have said yeah go there, register, its a great site!

lol that would be funny, she probably would end the call, or go there, she seemed nice and googled it for me lol
edit on 20-9-2011 by scapers2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yeah, you could've pressed her on it and given ATS some free advertising. I would've liked to have heard her opinion of this site, if she has one. Maybe she's already a member.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

That would be awesome, what we need is a secret code, where we can say it without saying "are you part of abovetopsecret" lol.

If i get an email, text, or a call ill let you guys know, they record them and i think review each call at the end of the day/week. i think.
edit on 20-9-2011 by scapers2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The Absolute truest way to deny ignorance...

Go to the Source!

A lesson can be learned here for us all. Now if we could only find the Yellow Page listings for the Moon bases, we could call direct and bypass NASA altogether.

Nice...S&F

edit on 20-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Way to go the extra mile!

I can only imagine what went through their heads over at NASA...
"Did this guy just ask if we had a no-fly zone on the moon?"
"Oh, he read it on the internet...not another one of those guys from ATS"

Apparently they got a ton of calls and emails about Elenin.
I bet they get quite the laugh.

S+F for verifying something that's easily verifiable by calling.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Lol, to be honest i know alot about conspiracy theories, but i dont even know what Elenin is. Thats the only thing i dont know about/do research.

yeah the first guy was like oh damn not another guy from ATS!

the girl was cool and had a good attitude about it. But she did say there are private companies making their own shuttle to go into outer space, ive never heard of that before....nice to know, that proves something.

And also she said they are working on like a CEV or something to replace the space shuttle. Thats it i think.

Still pondering on the statement she said about private companies.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
No offense but I think I would rather trust a raving lunatic on the street as opposed to "some girl" at NASA. With that said, a no fly zone on the moon seems like a far stretch, NASA is probably too incompetent to pull that one off.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I find it HILARIOUS the way they react to ATS members.

It's like we are a plague of truth that they just do not want to answer when we knock on their door.

Inquisitive minds want to know! Nice job on calling NASA op, gotta start somewhere!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Also "Before it is News" they also ran with it.

Before it is News

Feeling the pressure of mounting investigations launched by citizen activists concerning alien structures and artifacts on the Moon and Mars, the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration has made a bold and incredible move: NASA has announced No-Fly Zones on the Moon. Although the space agency claims the purpose of the No-Fly Zones are to preserve and protect the historic landing sites of the Apollo astronauts, some question why the zones happen to include regions where heavy attention has been focused—areas where purported alien technology is lying scattered across the lunar soil.

edit on 20-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by scapers2u
reply to post by Ghost375

Lol, to be honest i know alot about conspiracy theories, but i dont even know what Elenin is. Thats the only thing i dont know about/do research.

yeah the first guy was like oh damn not another guy from ATS!

the girl was cool and had a good attitude about it. But she did say there are private companies making their own shuttle to go into outer space, ive never heard of that before....nice to know, that proves something.

And also she said they are working on like a CEV or something to replace the space shuttle. Thats it i think.

Still pondering on the statement she said about private companies.

CEV: Crew Exploration Vehicle.They have been working on it for awhile now.

If you have the time ,here is a little "something " for you all to explore. If you can handle it.
www.grc.nasa.gov...
edit on 20-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join