It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Apocalyptic St. Louis TV Commercial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I was at my local watering hole earlier tonight knocking back a pint or two around 2-2:30ish am EST. I'm half watching the chick at the end of the bar and keeping an eye on the HDTV to my right. The bartender has it on some sports channel (maybe ESPN? I'm not a big sports fan) showing highlights of the Giants - Rams game.

I look away for a second, take a swig of ale and look back at the TV and I almost spit out my beer.

In full 42 inch High Definition picture I'm looking at a commercial showing a burned out hulk of a building to the left and right sides of the screen. In the debris strewn street are a couple of small scattered fires and what looked like the remains of a vehicle. Some guy is standing in the middle of the street, center screen. As I look further into the background I clearly see the Gateway Arch in St.Louis at what appears to be a few miles in the distance towering over what looks like the bombed out remains of the city.

Long story short, someone called my name at the end of the bar and I looked away, when I looked back at the tele the sports show was back on. I never did get who the commercial was for although for some reason Verizon sticks in my head.

If I had to take a guess I would say by the level of destruction it either looked like there was an all out tanks, bombs, heavy artillery type war in St. Louis or a nuclear explosion.

Now I know, pics or it didn't happen. I did some cursory searches on Youtube and the internet but found nothing. Has anyone else seen this????

I just have to wonder if this is just "shock marketing" campaign or some predictive programming for a future catastrophic event in St. Louis.

What say you? Any sports fans out there that seen this? I'll keep checking Youtube and post a vid if I can find it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
sounds interesting i will keep an eye out for it......

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
If this is the commercial I believe- it is an Air Force commercial showing a team entering the destroyed area on a VTL aircraft. At the end, there is CGI of the jet transforming. Does anyone have a link? I have to go to work, and do not have time to search......

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I did a search for "post apocalyptic st. louis commercial" and came up with THIS.

While that may not be the official title, it is a sure thing that St. Louis will play a role in the upcoming PS3 hit Resistance 3. Now after Driver games set in San Fran and GTA in NY and the West Coast, we can finally blow the # out of our home town. The shocking thing to me here is that post-apocalyptic St. Louis sure looks like current day North St. Louis. Throw in parts of Lemay and Roxy’s and we might as well be there.

St. Louis Arch @ 1:50

Maybe that's it.
edit on 9/20/2011 by OldCorp because: Added video

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum Logic

I've seen the Air Force commercial you're talking about. You mean this one right? That's not it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

This one?
It's got to be this one it has everything you described and its short enough that if you turn around for a sec the game would be back on
edit on 20-9-2011 by jonco6 because: +

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Good eye OC! Close but no cigar.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jonco6

Bahh! That's the one! WTF is that all about? In my searches I found a Hulu clip for Jeremiah that also had the Arch in a post apocalyptic setting. Seems strange to use the Gateway Arch in so many depictions of destruction, No?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Na in america we call that
epic fore shadowing.

eta: Just do a search to see how many movies and games referance the wtc deal before it happened.
edit on 20-9-2011 by jonco6 because: +

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jonco6

Yeah, I'm well aware of the references to the WTC. This is the first time that I've noticed St. Louis being in ruins though. Now I probably start seeing it everywhere.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Just found another St. Louis destruction video from the 2007 movie "Black Hole." See? I told ya' this would start turning up everywhere now. Look at 1:03

edit on 20-9-2011 by survivalstation because: forgot time index

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Yep thats how it works. We got them for almost all of the landmarkes so it not that big of a suprise tho.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I've done a little more searching for disasters in St. Louis and everything either points to the New Madrid fault zone or the recent tornadoes this year. Maybe we'll look back at this commercial like the movie "Knowing" and draw correlations to some future event.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Maybe you seen an ad on TV for that show on the Science Channel. I think the show is called "Curiosity".

The last episode was on way that the earth might be destroyed.

Good episode too!!

Check Youtube.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tnewguy

If you would have taken the time to read the thread you would have read that jonco6 found and posted the video

Check Youtube? Gee, I never thought of that. Sorry about the sarcasm but I do try to do my research before posting new threads.

new topics

top topics

join