It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the Euthanasia Rollercoaster!! Wha??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
In many places around the world euthanasia is legal and acceptable. It is your choice at the end of the day.

Will you want to got like this though??

The Euthanasia Rollercoaster!!

Its a 3 minute ride, that will take you up to about 1600 ft, then a massive drop through 7 strategically placed and designed loops, you will reach a speed off 223mph and doing 10g's, wich will result in death..

According to Urbonas, the "Euthanasia Coaster is a hypothetic euthanasia machine in the form of a roller coaster, engineered to humanely -- with elegance and euphoria -- take the life of a human being."

Urbonas is the designer and inventor of this "machine".

Here is a video, interviewing the creator, and showing a scale model of the Rollercoaster.

vimeo.com...

Read the full article

vvv

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Since I am scared of rollercoasters? No! I don't want to experience death in a bundle of fear and angst. Let me go peacefully, please.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Hell no. When I die, I want it to be neat, and clean.

Like hell I'm going to go out and then have a janitor clean my remains off the pavement.

On a side note, at 10g's you would be out cold. Not a bad way to die.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Indeed, you basically die from oxygen deprivation it seems, according to the article...

Hrm. still, i am not sure. lol

vvv

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
That is BEYOND creepy!

No ways hosè - that roller-coaster may just downright swing my spirit out of my body and propel it into another dimension!

Why invent such a way of dying? Are there really such extreme adrenaline-junkies that would want to even meet their death in this way?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
well i love roller coasters and this ride would be a way for me to go at least with a smile on my face in my final moments...granted lets say i was slowly dyeing of cancer this would not only put a smile on a sad mans face that knows death is slowly creeping up but i would black out before death actually occurred and it would be like dyeing in your sleep painless and peacefully the way i hope i go when i do..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
10G's doesn't result in death, not a guranteed one anyway.

It might make someone pass out, if done for long enough, and may lead to oxygen deprivation in the brain, but you'd need to be on this coaster for a good few minutes (I know the ride is 3 minutes long btw) to actually die from it and that isn't guaranteed at all.

Fighter pilots, racing drivers and others all experience these G-forces and survive quite well..

In fact, the human body has been shown to be able to withstand forces of up to 46G's for at least a limited period with no ill effects.

So, it could be a good ride and might kill you, but it isn't 100% certain.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Sounds a great idea, a more fun way to go than the usual somber affair.

If i feel the need ever, i'm game

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

And that's when the rider is required to make the ultimate life decision: choose to continue living or push the "FALL" button and die. So how exactly does one physically die by rollercoaster? The science behind it is pretty simple: spin fast enough and hard enough and your brain won't get enough oxygen to keep functioning. The vertical rolls of the coaster would essentially create enough centrifugal force on the body that the blood rushes down in the body instead of up to the brain. The condition has a name: It's called cerebral hypoxia. And it's often a side effect of other activities like deep-water diving, flying at high altitudes in an unpressurized cabin, or even exercising at high altitudes.
reply to post by stumason

That is from the article, cerebral hypoxia.

So it is not just about the g's, but because you are spinning and rolling, causing blood and thus oxygen deprevation.

Still, not my first choice for going, lol.

vvv

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'd be game, if I was facing a slow long suffering death. And look on the bright side, your family will get a keyring with your final moments encaptured for ever.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
So it is not just about the g's, but because you are spinning and rolling, causing blood and thus oxygen deprevation..

The rolling and spinning produces G-forces as a result of the centripedal forces at work, which leads to the cerbral hypoxia. It is everything to do with g-forces and at 10G's for 3 minutes, isn't guranteed to kill you. If they made it last 10 minutes, then most probably it would kill you.

One thing I will add is that doing 10g's for 3 minutes is going to be painful and not the "euphoric" ending touted in the article. Just doing a few G's on a roller coaster (4.5G's on Nemesis in Alton Towers, UK for example) for a few seconds can hurt one's neck, back or exaserbate existing health conditions. Doing 10G's for 3 minutes is going to hurt.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
What freaks me out is the fact he says, 'future humans, use it for population control or when someone has lived their life too long."

Really? Who decides ANY of those? This is freaky. And if you go to his website, he's also working on something called a domestic earthquake generator. Granted it's a doorbell but I don't know. Something about this guy gives me a chill - and not in a good way.

Gforce to euthanize people and population control? I bet TPTB are drooling over this - and just may start designing something similar..... Euthanize people for population control..... oh my GOD.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Of course you make sense mate.

However, usually people choosing euthanasia is not the fittest, or healthiest people around. I doubt if a fragile old lady of 95 suffering from a terminal illness would survive 10g's while doing 220mph, and going through 7 loops..

VVv

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I wouldn't expect a 95 year old Granny to survive a regular rollercoaster, let alone this one

If euthanisa is what you're after though, there are much more guaranteed and less painful ways to go. Or we could go down the Torchwood:Miracle Day route and just immolate everyone once they become to old or ill. It's actually quite painless if down at a high enough temp to burn quickly...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
People shown in the video don't look happy...

I think that some drug, or maybe hitting somewhere on the neck (there actually is a deadly point) will be much easier and faster...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Not a bad way to go if someone were inclined to choose to end their life. I don't think we have anything to fear with something like this, if TPTB wanted to off a large portion of the population there's much more inexpensive and effective ways to do it.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I can just see it now.... "ok, this is it... goodbye world!...". Whoosh! "wheeee! Heheheheeeeeee!" "wow! This is FUN!!!!!". "HEY, you know what? Life isnt so bad after all! I think... Yes! I LOVE life! I wanna live! I wanna-" Cart slows to a stop. "Hey Joe would ya look at the face on this one?". "Another happy customer. Now help me load im into the incinerator."

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

no not for me thank you, might hurt, someone said its oxygen deprivation, well suffocation is not fun

hey if anyone survives that rollercoaster then we found a new astronaut

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Yes! That is the way to go. If I wanted to commit suicide, I would definitely choose to go that way. That would be such an awesome way to die.

new topics

top topics

join