It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gettysburg Ghost Hunt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There are probably a bunch of shows on this but I saw one recently about the ghosts of Gettysburg. They really didn't touch on outdoor ghosts except the ghost regiment, which would be frakking cool if you could get a pic of that.

I don't live anywhere near there and I also don't know much about battlefield ghosts. Just another odd facet of the Civil War I should go research.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
I don't live anywhere near there and I also don't know much about battlefield ghosts. Just another odd facet of the Civil War I should go research.

Iverson's Pits would be a good place to start for anyone looking for or seeking paranormal aspects or activities which may remain from the battle itself.
* the link above is a direct .PDF file download

misguided southern troops, who really had no idea where they were or where they were headed, their general not even there nor leading them at the time, came out of the underbrush and woods they'd been moving through ... only to be met by a myriad of union troops who rose from behind a stone wall at about 80 yards distance ..

the rest is history ...

500+ killed in mere minutes ... portions thereof in seconds, even, with each volley of lead ... hundreds more captured and held ... an absolute slaughter.

A literal wall of soldiers laid out and down as if they were placed in front of a firing squad ... rolled over into a shallow trench grave hundreds of feet long only hours later ...

General Alfred Iverson apparently arrived after the fact and even went so far as to castigate his troops for their cowardice and the like .. for 'laying low' ... for not attacking the enemy ... not realizing they were already dead.

With Soo many killed Soo quickly ... it's often been considered a sort of 'hotspot' for those with an interest in such.

[born, raised and live just outside the same]
edit on 9/29/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I would like to try and set something up for Oct 15. I would also like to still do a meet and greet with those interested so we at least know who we are working with. I am open to suggestions as to where/when to do this. I don't know Gettysburg, just Hanover. So if you want the meet and greet in Gettysburg, you'll have to suggest a place.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I'm still a newbie in the area so getting familiar with it. Hubby mentioned The Plaza in the main square - but he was on expense account for some interviews. Gettysburg Family Restaurant was good, inexpensive and away from the center of town - it's on York Street. Pretty much all I'm familiar with outside of Wendy's.

www.mytravelguide.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Keeping an eye on this thread. I'm just under 2 hours from Gettysburg.
However I will be unavailable on the 15th. Hopefully if you have another day I'd love to attend. Last here we got some amazing images. And had some quite interesting experiences.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Whatever it takes to put this together, I highly recommend you go through it and get it done. I know because I did it and had a fantastic weekend.

Antar and mrwupy ghost hunt.

Ats'ers are great folks to meet and a weekend spent ghost hunting beats the hell out of a weekend spent sitting in front of a computer.

GO FOR IT! You will never regret it, promise.

wupy

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I have a person or 2 who wants to go. One is from hagerstown and the other, harpers ferry.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If you are interested in going on a hunt in Gettysburg, Saturday Oct. 15, U2U me and I'll see what we can do to meet and get rolling. I am thinking Devil's Den would be good since it is supposed to be the most haunted place there. Maybe meet somewhere for dinner and go to the den afterwards.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm thinking that we can meet at the Gettysburg Family Restaurant about 6:30pm. I'll get there a little early so I can tell them who we are. From there we can go to Devils Den and stake out some ghosts! Bring your gear!

Let me know via U2U so I know how many to expect for the restaurant.
edit on 10/12/2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Hello

I will confirm tommorow if I can make it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

How many people are going

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by odinson

Right now I think we have about 6.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hello

We have to go another day, some things came up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join