It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gettysburg Ghost Hunt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So after my little experience in Gettysburg last weekend, and finding out there are a lot of us living in the area, I had an idea. How many people would be interested in organizing a ghost hunt there? My thought is to get some people together with video, photo and audio resources and visit areas known to be haunted and see what we can pick up and document.

To me it would be awesome for a group of ATSer's to get together for something like this. Call it the ATS Ghost Hunt or something. Reply back if you are interested. Let's see how many we can get together. Who knows, maybe form a ghost club or something and check out other sites in the area as well.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
im from way out of the area but id travel in.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Frederick. I'll keep an eye on this post, not a big ghost believer but I am not ignorant of the possibility.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I'm hoping we can get a few from Gettysburg so we can have some inside information for the most active spots to visit.

I also think for those of you interested, we should list what equipment/skills can be brought to the table so we know what we will be able to monitor/track. For me, my wife and I both have Canon DSLR cameras, so we can handle the still photo side of it.

I also was thinking about this last night, and this morning and thought it might be cool to do this as a kind of documentary. I know most of you have seen TAPS or Ghost Hunters, so kind of along those lines, but I am hoping for a skeptic to be a part of the team. I think a skeptic's point of view would be nice to throw in for arguments sake. I can probably handle the writing side of it, and possibly the narrative.

As a side note, my brother is the CEO of a phone/TV company, so maybe the project could possibly get some airtime. Can't guarantee it, but you never know. I'll be talking to him this weekend, so I'll bring the subject up to him and get his thoughts.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Fairfield. If I could shake the kids for an evening - I'd love it. Still camera is all I have along with a healthy dose of skepticism.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The Farnsworth House actually offers a hunt. My sister, daughter and I were going to go, but got rained/thundered out by severe weather. Ended up going to the seance which is (and they're very straight about it) a **recreation** of a Victorian Era seance. Scared my daughter so bad they actually took her back and showed her how they did some of it.

Daughter is 10 yrs old and a real history buff. She's considering the ghost tour jobs as a good summer job when she's old enough.

Outside tour
gettysburgshauntedaddress.com...

Farnsworth House Hunt
gettysburgshauntedaddress.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

That's cool, but I really want to have an unguided hunt. My interest is in finding things and documenting without any outside influence. Thinking of either Devils Den or the covered bridge as a first site. Don't know of many other outside sites except maybe Gettysburg College. Maybe some from the area can recommend sites.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Aahh...I wish I lived in PA.. I would love to go on a ghost hunt at Gettysburg.......

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Hey Haarvik, there are plenty of places we could do this in and around Gettysburg. I am like you in that I'd rather not just join in with a group. Those kind of things always seem to be set up to try to give people some sort of thrill. Usually not anything really big but I think they feel like they have to give people their money's worth.

I have a friend with an EMF meter and some other stuff too. She'd almost certainly be willing to go along for the ride. She's a big-time believer. I'm more of a skeptic - not that I don't believe in spirits, just that I'm not at all convinced that they are dead humans. I've actually had some really scary experiences of my own and I have my own belief as to what caused them.

The Wheatfield is a good place to go, I've heard of people seeing soldiers there and recording voices. I also think Devil's Den is a good place. Heck, I just like to go there and hang out, it's an awesome place. These are places you can go without having to ask first. There are lots of supposedly haunted houses also that you can get permission to get into.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Very cool! All we need now is a video person. I have an analog recorder that has a sensitivity setting on it so it can be used to pick up subtle noises. As I stated earlier, myself and my wife have Canon DSLR cameras so still photography is covered. We should set up a time to meet and see what we can come up with for a first hunt (location, time, etc). I'll U2U my contact info for ya.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Cool, I'll talk to my people and we'll set something up.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
make sure you take some audio recorders, we find that the EVP voices are by far the most common form of evidence we get. Video is the Holy Grail and rarer than rocking horse S**T !!!

Here is a look at some of the kit we use !!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-9-2011 by ghosthunter79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hmmm. Hubby used to do home inspections. Wonder if he still has his digital voice recorder from back then?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
For those interested, we are planning (tentatively) our first hunt on October 1. We haven't decided yet on which location to check first. Some of us are going to do a meet and greet sometime next week so we can meet each other, and should be able to decide where to start. I will post the location and time for those who would like to join in the fun!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
For those of you close to Hanover, I have a couple people who are going to join my wife and I at Niki's Sports Bar on Carlisle Wednesday, Sept 28 after 8:00pm. Working on another for Gettysburg, possibly Thursday. Still planning on the first hunt to be on Saturday Oct. 1. Hope to see some of you there!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
No ghost hunt.
No interest.
Sorry.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Don't be disheartened, I think there is interest, if we are patient. I know my friends who are out of town until the 15th are very interested. It's just hard to make things come together as quickly as we may like.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

I will keep that in mind. Going to back up and punt.
Had several people who wanted to meet, and no one showed up. I know your situation, and one other had to work. Don't know what happened to the rest. Will try and set something up for later in October and see what happens.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Darn. Didn't see this until today. Think probably a bit longer notice? Please let me know if you plan a meet & greet in Gettysburg.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Let's try setting something up for a little farther off so everyone has time to see it and make plans. I'm sure we can get some people on the same page.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join