It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bear shows up during father and son fishing outing (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Bear shows up during father and son fishing outing

Billy Gray and his son were fishing when they saw a bear on the shore. The bear eventually comes out of the woods and goes right up to the two men who are sitting on the ground

www.wdbj7.com...

Video is on the page.

I think this is incredible! That bear didn't show any fear he went right up to them, looked like it wanted to play or something! LOL anyway check out the video ..... and sorry if this has been posted before!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
there is a think line between being brave and being an idiot. I dont think I would be sticking around if I were them but that video was cool so Im glad they did

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by readytorevolt

LOL I agree with you there, I think I would have fainted. But I think it is good the didn't run, I don't think things would have ended so well if they had run. I definitely would have tried to get outta there though!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There is nothing about this that even remotely resembles bravery. I know bears. These guys are lucky indeed. Why do people always seem to forget that there's a reason we call them WILD animals. How proud he was that he "got it all on video". What a shining example for his kids....honestly!

edit on 19-9-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: grrrrr

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
These two men did the complete opposite of what they should have done. They should have done there very best to scare that bear away, wild bears should NEVER come that close to humans and its obvious that this one has been fed by people like these two fishermen. And now that bear may just maul someone or kill someone who thinks hes just a cute little bear coming to say hello.

Irresponsible ill informed ignoramuses.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yes, I think they should have tried to scare the bear away, but I didn't think a bear would come that close to people without trying to kill them anyway!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Very lucky and stupid. They have no idea how easily this encounter could have been different, as well as a tragedy for human and bear alike.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
That bear won't live long now. Every time a bear has a "positive" encounter with humans, the chances skyrocket that they will approach humans again and view humans as "non-threats".

In the next year or so this bear will be HUNGRY, see humans, approach, and maul. The bear isn't there to "play" - it's there to EAT. And humans make just as good a meal as a deer (easier to catch too).

After this inevitable attack, the bear will be hunted down and "destroyed".

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
That was cool minus the "expert" opinion.

"Would have been a different situation if the bear was in feeding mode."

"Feeding a bear is dangerous."

This is what we call an expert contradiction.

Why don't you just admit you don't know much about bears hence the fear of them, hence the negative attitude about a video that shows a side of "wild" life that we don't get to see too often.

Man when are people going to realize what you have inside manifests on the outside, hence fear the bear and the bear will fear you and act agressivly. Treat it with curitousity and bam like magic you get a video where the wild animal is being playful.

S&F

top topics

join