It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 hours to save our oceans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I am well aware of what is happening all over our planet and it saddens me - however - daily I try to stay positive and believe that together we can work out solutions to all our problems.Our entire water system is compromisedWe do not have a secondary source of water - once our current supply is completely contaminated we will suffer. We were given our water supply at Earths conception. The water remains in the atmosphere - rains down and the process is repeated. We cannot reach beyond our atmosphere for another source - what we have is what we have.

I read widely and cannot possibly quote every article I have read but I do recall that all the medications that people take for all their health needs are being detected in water samples at various places around the globe. How many times can our water be flushed through a filtration plant before it exhausts its ability to clean the water? Think of a kitchen sponge - we soak up - wring it out - we do this repeatedly and eventually it starts to fall apart until it is useless.

I truly believe we have to take money out of society. Money is what gives the psychopaths and narcissists their power over societies. How we do this I am not sure. I do know that when we live without money - we can govern ourselves and share all our responsibilities. I know, I hear you from here, that's idealistic. It is the only option we have while we are governed by the cabal/illuminati/call them what you will - they love money and it fuels their purpose...how do we extract ourselves from a money based society? Someone must have the answer?

Whatever the answer is - as long as we act together we can achieve - who knows what...

Much Peace - Particularly to those people who choose to malign threads like this - you must be so unhappy, disconnected and in the dark - it is to you I send the most Love and the most Peace because you are obviously soooo in need.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by satorian986
It's been 24 hours. Did the oceans die?

Maybe

But anywho, to the others this is not about Greenpeace, this is about brining to attention that we want to stop it.
I am aware of everything in this world and I know how it ticks. It's about a vote at Avaaz.

The more the merrier init?

ps my personal opinion is that they should get rid off the veto power, and become a real united nations of the world cause it's not working.

Anyways.

Goodnight

edit on 20/9/11 by sevensheeps because: update

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I have been preaching against over-fishing for a long time, I completely avoid eating fish.

Fish is a non-substainable resource especially with over fishing.

Just ask somebody who was born 60 years ago, the ocean is a completely different place now.

Just 60 years ago my dad remembers oceans full of fish when he was fishing as a boy, catching more fish in 1 day than he would catch in a WEEK now.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

That hurts for his family to, so in a way we are fishing way to much and way to destructive.

I've seen many documentaries and read quit some about it, and it's heartbreaking to see how long they could actually do something like this.

And keep getting away with it.

Star for your comment
edit on 20/9/11 by sevensheeps because: update

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Peace my friends I am going to bed, goodnight.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
lets save the planet with the inventor of the internet Al Gore... he is a prophet and we need to give him money to save the world, he has special animal communication qualities and understands the power of Molech the owl being.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Save the ocean. Are we bombing the ship works that produce the vessels and equipment used to destroy the bottom of the sea? Are we sinking these vessels that are filled with men who have no other way to make a living? Are we strafing and burning the docks and markets where these fish are being off loaded and sold? How about the stores and restaurants that buy the fish and sell them to the hungry masses where, especially in Asia, they may have very little else to eat for protein?
Then don't expect them to change a thing any of them are doing. It is their life blood and they depend upon it for their very daily existence.
Agree with the OP but find it difficult to provide a solution. Its either the people or the fish. You tell me who should be harvested.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KhaliWitch

Thanks for bringing this to my attention...consider it signed! Now distributing through various social networks

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
"I don't give a crap about whales, so go and hug a tree." Eric Cartman

Seriously, what kind of scare mongering is this? 24 hours to save the oceans? Give me a break.

Isn't Greenpeace a terrorist organization?

You and everyone who gave you stars for this should be slapped in the mouth.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
As a surfer, sailor and scuba diver, I am all for saving our oceans.

We need to protect this vital ecosystem from exploitation of all kinds.

But, as soon as you mentioned greenpeace, I instantly felt the urge to close this window and move on to a different thread. These extremist idiots are prone to lying and falsifying evidence to suit their own agenda. They have no concept of economic stability and have no concern for the ramifications that their extremist views have on third world countries. Greenpeace would rather see people starve in order to save an animal, than try to find a solution to solve both problems.

A classic example....
Greenpeace whined at the UK government for years about their power program(anti coal, anti nuclear) so the government over there committed billions of dollars toward wind, wave and tidal power solutions(literally, leading the world in green power generation that could provide "base-load" power for the UK). After many tens of thousands of hours spent by engineers developing prototype power generation concepts, Greenpeace actively fought "tooth & nail" to stop any such mass producing power systems, claiming environmental concerns for just about every system designed. Wind farms would kill migrating birds they said(they wouldn't even consider concepts like lights and whistles to eliminate this problem), tidal systems would destroy natural ecosystems, etc....

On one hand Greenpeace were all for getting rid of nuclear and fossil fuel power generation and on the other hand, they weren't prepared to accept any of the solutions and would rather the UK be plunged back in to the dark ages instead of reaching a compromise.

Ironically, the founder of Greenpeace bailed out not long after its inception due to the extremist views of a majority of its members. To me that speaks volumes about the organisation.

Sorry that this post turned into a bit of a rant, but, when it comes to a group like Greenpeace, I feel that the world would be better off without enviro-terrorists like them.

On to the topic of over-fishing using long lines, drag nets, trawlers and the like. I feel that the governments of the world need to start buying back commercial fishing licenses and treating illegal fishing with more than just pi$$y fines. Once western governments start treating over-fishing seriously, we can start looking at at education in third world countries and taking a responsible approach to sustainable fishing.

It's funny how weenies like you are so afraid of Greenpeace and their supposedly "extremist" actions. Get out of here with that propaganda.

Greenpeace ISN'T EXTREMIST ENOUGH. Do you have ANY IDEA what it's going to take to SERIOUSLY save ecosystems/species/humans from ecological destruction?? Have you EVER really considered what it's going to take?? Greenpeace isn't doing nearly enough. They're not too extreme, they're too MAINSTREAM. Stop being so damn mediocre when THE ENTIRE PLANET IS DYING OFF, economic issues DO NOT MATTER WHEN AN ENTIRE PLANET IS FACING COLLAPSE.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
Unfortunately, corporations own and control everyone and everything now. I am not a left-winger or liberal in any way. This is just a fact. They are going to continue raping the planet, raping the wallets of the individual and because we, the individuals have no serious legal or political recourse (the corporations own the politicians and judges, and will win all but the most lopsided fights), the only answer will be revolution.

However, I don't think it will happen in time to save things like ocean ecosystems. Look at the absolute horror that BP has committed with their (probably ongoing) massive oil spill + toxic corexit, and look at the massive amounts of radiation from Fukushima. To heck with fishing concerns, I wouldn't even eat anything from the ocean anymore! Maybe the ocean creatures will be "saved" when they're all too radioactive and poisonous for humans to want to eat anymore? Hooray?

I agree with you in many ways... but seriously... what is wrong with being a left-winger?? Why are you so afraid of being labelled that by neo-Fascist right-wingers?? Don't be afraid of truth, if it makes you left-wing, then wear that badge proudly. The most intelligent people on the planet are left-wingers... right-wingers talk a lot of hot air and puff their chests out a lot, but they're FAR MORE full of it than liberals... that's why they have to make liberal a dirty word with every lie they can muster, they're fighting dirty because they're scumbags.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I call HOAX !

Wake up people. The planet is covered 70% by water. 2 miles deep in most parts and up to 7 miles deep in other parts. Humans fish, even commercially a very small percent of this very huge volume. There is No Way you can tell me we fished 90% of all eatable fish out of that huge body of water.

It's a Hoax because people will believe anything government agencies and puppet environmentalists will tell them to get Funds. This is about Money, nothing more.

Do your homework, you'll be surprised how much damage we've done. THE ONLY MONEY HERE IS RAKED IN BY INDUSTRIALISTS WHO WANT TO CONTINUE RAPING THE OCEANS FOR RESOURCES. How dare you display such willful stupidity to suggest that environmentalists/scientists are the corrupt ones while those who rape and pillage the environment are just innocent "job creators". I seriously hate your ideology and your insanely misguided paranoia.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Watch this, people:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

Seriously, what kind of scare mongering is this? 24 hours to save the oceans? Give me a break.

If you think you're man enough...

Fact is, I'll kill and eat every damn fish in the ocean if that what my family needs. People are more important than fish. If it bothers you that much, go buy a tank and start a fish zoo. Your militant attitude is EXACTLY why Greenpeace is considered an eco terrorist organization.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

If you think you're man enough...

Fact is, I'll kill and eat every damn fish in the ocean if that what my family needs. People are more important than fish. If it bothers you that much, go buy a tank and start a fish zoo. Your militant attitude is EXACTLY why Greenpeace is considered an eco terrorist organization.

Anybody who tried to kill/eat every fish in the ocean to feed their own family is insane and dangerous and would be treated as such. You don't seem to understand that ECOSYSTEMS ARE A BALANCE, if you play jenga with the biosphere, you'll just end up killing your family in the long-term for greedy gains in the short-term. Humans are NOT more important than other animals... we've only INVENTED our self-importance, the universe does not play favorites, and in fact considering our behavior on this planet, we're the scumbags in town.

AND GREENPEACE IS NOT THAT MILITANT. Funny you use the term "eco-terrorist", as you've fallen for the green-scare propaganda and swallowed it willingly. You're a damn fool.

www.greenisthenewred.com...
edit on 22-9-2011 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Wow buddy. Is this all you can do?Throw around conjecture and speculation to support your flawed opinion? First you threaten to slap me in the face and now you call me a damn fool. I have plenty of choice words or threats I would love to use for you, but that would get me no where.

And I have already provided MORE than enough proof earlier that GREENPEACE ARE ECO TERRORIST! If you want to go nuzzle with a panda and ignore what they do, that is your problem. You have already proved you have no credibility and rely only on your emotions just spouting fractured and flawed facts that your animal rights buddies have brainwashed you with. You resort to violence to scare people into believing your way is the right way. Just like Greenpeace. Just like Terrorist. .

Yeah, nature is a balance but it is NOT a delicate one. Nature always bounces back and flourishes. Get a freaking grip on reality and stop shoving your greenpoop propaganda down my throat. I'd rather eat an animal. In fact, I'm wearing leather shoes and have a real bird feather in my fedora. My wife also has a fur coat. I feed my daughter animal meat. You mad bro?

Edit to add:

Its been WELL over 24 hours. Are all the oceans dead yet?

edit on 22-9-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Thank you for posting it in here and thank you to everyone that has signed! So many of my friends and I worked on getting this petition out there! Fortunately, I heard that the number required was met the first time, however they pushed it when they asked for 750k! Still yet to hear what's happening with the petition and what's going on!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
s -n- f posted on facebook... signed the petition.... now I'm off to blow up fishing trolleys!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Dear brethren,

This is a lie. My vision into the future has foretold that the oceans will not die until after Space War: Exus Zimes World War III. As such, we shall not have anything to worry about, except, activating the Zertix Matter in our blood in order to open the Third Eye and reach The World Beyond and reunite with our Alien brothers and sisters. Have no fear, our Alien family that is watching over us in the Third Axis - Reality I will ensure that we do not lose what we need to survive because they care for us.

Cheers,
Destiny fulfilled.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
First and foremost... Bottom Trawling type fishing has been destroying the oceans for literally years... and infact most places now have quota and areas where certain methods of fishing can be done..

Secondly supporting Greepeace is no better than supporting other terrorist operations, I have a an issue with Greenpeace as they are blinded with Animal welfare and Planet welfare without taking a look at the bigger picture(not in all cases but there are reports of some stupid methods and mad hippie actions from green peace sometimes)

Now back to the point at hand, yes the way these fish are caught is very no sustainable but this opening comment is pure fearmongering, the oceans are huge, our major issue for oceans anyway is pollution causing huge algae plumes and the wrong way in which many asian fishermen deal with jelly fish (causing more jellyfish to be produced) which acutually kills a # ton of fish (in both cases)

So yes the oceans are in a bad way, but to be honest the bottom trawling is the least of our worries...

Furthermore.... if there are people going to complain and tell fishermen they cannot use the non sustainable methods to fish for what essentially we all use (be it oils from fish/minerals/food stuffs and in some cases skin) then i take it the same people fighting the power one signature at a time are gonna get a boat and clean up that HUGE layer of plastics that float around the mid atlantic?? or are we going to judge and complain from our computer seats?

As i said not the most pressing issue in the ocean, no where near as big an issue as is being made out in this post, not a new issue and in my opinion fearmongering rubbish

Just my thoughts

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join