join

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Sure thing.

www.twawki.com...

rightwingnews.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Just look at the threats made on there own blog...
weblog.greenpeace.org...

www.highnorth.no...

A heck of a lot more people think they are terrorist than think they aren't.
www.forandagainst.com...

They even indoctrinate there young just as other terrorist do.
notrickszone.com...

I can post these all day long. They feel mankind is a virus and should be eradicated because we are killing mother earth. Screw them.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

We really need to implement a thumbs down button, or negative star system on ATS. In place for now I will place my own in rebutal to your ignorant post...
(5 thumbs down = Extremely Disatisfactory)

The ocean is just as much, if not more important than any other geological feature on this planet, simply due to its vast size, immense power, and source of life to countless cultures over countless generarionss. That needs to be respected, and if you can't understand the impact that this type of fishing is having on our oceans than saying you are dense would be an undertatement.

Fish reproduce at a very high rate, but if they lose their habitat and source of food, than reproduction means nothing.

Is there any way to sign the petition w/o using your address, etc?
edit on 9/20/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble

Originally posted by Misterlondon
exactly how do you suggest we "reduce" populations "drastically"

Well, that is the tough part, isn't it. The answer is that individual freedom among beings who reproduce is incompatible with a sustainable, finite ecosystem. In other words, we will have to resort to tyranny to fix it. It will require a one-world authority in some form or another, and I would not expect the decisions to be "fair" in anyone's mind. Maybe Scotland is superfluous and should be eliminated. Maybe Germany is important and should be increased in population. Regardless, overall, we adapt to our finite reality or we destroy it. To you fans of the history of economic thought, it's the revenge of Malthus.

Now, having said that, if your attitude is "live free or die," and you would rather see the whole thing burn than be a slave, then this former Libertarian certainly empathizes with you. Maybe you are right about that. But what I can tell you is that a failure to organize on a global scale and stop the madness will INEVITABLY result in destruction for the humans.

Interestingly, when you accept this, you also accept a different viewpoint about the "elite." The Georgia Guidestones, for example, are pretty much spot-on, and if the elite succeed in taking over and driving us in this direction, then your descendents will be saved. But perhaps that fate is worse than death.

if im to be honest.. you sound as though you could be one of these elite types with your extreme views..

i fully understand the notion that the world is overpopulated and in part i agree, but i think it is more an issue of overuse of resources, mostly for money and greed.. use of sustainable energy/materials/food is held back for profit at the cost of human life and the planet we call home.

to suggest we eliminate and by that i assume you mean murder (by georgia guidstone figure) approx 6.25 billion people through a selective process is a ludicrous suggestion and is a viewpoint, i cant quite understand.
there are solutions to the problem and if radical changes were made worldwide today, we would have a chance of reversing the damage we have caused and maybe over time restore the balance.

i do live in the real world though, so i know the chances of this are quite slim.. but genocide? really?

everyone has the right to live their lives to the full.. and who exactly has the right to decide whether another human being lives or dies? would you sacrifice loved ones if this was implemented? would you murder if you were chosen to live? would you offer yourself?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I really appreciate the people who go out of there way to bring these matters to mine and others attention!

You're Brilliant!

Signed, Starred and Flagged!

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

So your all for killing people are you ?.......Have you not noticed that the elite are killing people by allowing them to starve. ?
Don't give me this rubbish about not enough resources, science can turn deserts into arable land if the organized idiots would let it happen.
The ocean's are over fished by organized idiots.
Just the same as the world is being destroyed by organized idiots.

are you sure you want to be organized.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by Misterlondon

Don't need to do any real research I've done it for years being an avid recreational fisherman. At one time I would have agreed with you but I know how these environmental people exaggerate and distort the facts.I know those things you speak of do exist but I do not believe they are of a scale they are made out to be. All of that is blown way out of proportion.

as a keen fisherman im sure you will be aware the number of fish in recent years has dropped drastically (unless you are in a spot where they are abundant).. if you speak to guys who have been doing it for 50-60 years they will all tell you there are less fish. and you have to bear in mind.. those guys never had the technology we have today in the fishing industry.
within 50 years, we have potentially brought an entire and crucial ecosystem to its knees, and because this damage is so recent we have no way of knowing whether we have gone past the point of no return.. lets all pray to god we haven't because there will be no hope for humanity should it collapse.

i know facts get distorted by environmentalists but they also do from the fishing industry.. im talking about solid scientific research and studies.. the problem exists, without a doubt..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It's been 24 hours. Did the oceans die?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is great news.......

did you get this crap from the same place ted danson got his info --- about 20 years ago??? --- who at that time said we only have 10 years to save the worlds oceans??????

HERE WE ARE 20 YEARS LATER........

the oceans are still here, the fish are still here..... W-T-F else do you people want???????

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

Yes good post...That being said. This problem has been going on for SO very many years. The Japanese fishing industry has really stepped up the issue/problem in the last 15 years with these massive floating factories that catch, kill, freeze, package and airlift out their product 24/7 so that they almost never stop!!!!!!!
So the whole "24 hour to save our ocean" thing is out of left field. Maybe? Just a little? And if every single person that visits this website agreed with you right now, and wanted to help, what would you have us do? Because in my mind the drag net practice is FAR from the worst (and it actually stirs up food and minerals) if done right and never too often in the same place. Did you know that there is a HUGE dead zone in the gulf of mexico because of farming fertilizers? And that the gulf is the birthing place of many marine mammals that live in and around America? And don't even get me started on the whale thing UGH! Our Government lets "scientists " catch 300 hundred whales a year (when there are too many to study at 30) for experiments. And then they still sell the meat, for a profit. And you want to know the worst problem of all !?! I mean besides trash, oil spills, chemical dumping, over fishing and open ocean fish farming. C O 2 is the biggest problem because it's turning the ocean into the same chemical as Soda POP!. and fish and shell fish are no longer forming correctly or at all in some cases. depending on the type of shell fish and there are Very! Very! large dead zones all over the world and in some part of every ocean because of C O 2..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Earthmuffin33

Sorry, I just really love the ocean too...And have cried myself to sleep off and on since I was six yrs old worrying about the ocean and I was six, 41 years ago. And was going to be a marine biologist before I was disabled. So sorry if I got too stirred up. again Good Post.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
it feels like there is nothing we can do, but a star and a flag is a humble start !

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I do agree that something needs to be done, but how do they know that 90% of big fish in the ocean have died??? The ocean is extremely vast, how could anyone monitor that and how could they come up with a figure like 90%??? Either way, its a good post.......

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Mankind should die off. again!
to think one day humans will go in to space.
they will fined planets just starting life.
and they will Rape them.
so NO life can evolve to some Great civilization.
becouse humans killed there world...
Stop mankind. stop the killing.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing this subject back in the picture !

I will link to a video from Tedtalks where this exact problem is explained.
You will definitely be left shocked... again !

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The oceans are the real lungs of the earth.. we need to protect them...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Soo...you give citation to right wing material as proof of a entire organization uses terrorist mindsets to achieve their goals.

Instead of going into the logical debate point by point, lets take this at a different angle

What environmental organization do you support then? Tell me which organization is progressively trying to save oceans, woodlands, etc from corporate interests and overall destruction. Winning or losing a debate is pointless overall when the planet is being murdered...so, for people with your mindset, why not spend the energy your putting down giving alternative organizations names for people to back if they don't necessarily want to back greenpeace.

Cheers

SfX

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
Mankind should die off. again!
to think one day humans will go in to space.
they will fined planets just starting life.
and they will Rape them.
so NO life can evolve to some Great civilization.
becouse humans killed there world...
Stop mankind. stop the killing.

You can only control your own actions
If you are indeed of this mindset, then it is only a reflection of what -you- would do and so the solution is simple...you either must quit your baby complaining and actually try to help in whatever way you personally can...or kill yourself
But someone sitting on the sidelines doing absolutely nothing except spewing negativity towards people isn't helping...its just adding to the problem.

So ya, should you post anymore, and the post being about how you wish for all people to die...I will consider you a hypocrite...should you take your own life so that some fish somewhere may live, I will give you props for being someone whom believes in what they preach

or..if you spend a few days now and then to help out some environmental program...plant a tree or something...and promote that by example, then ya, will give props there also...

Practice what you preach is what I am saying, otherwise, sit down, stfu, and stop using the internet to complain about the environment and people like your somehow not included from it all. your computer requires power, from a power station, which burns dirty fuel, which is part of the problem...so ya...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom1701
This is great news.......

did you get this crap from the same place ted danson got his info --- about 20 years ago??? --- who at that time said we only have 10 years to save the worlds oceans??????

HERE WE ARE 20 YEARS LATER........

the oceans are still here, the fish are still here..... W-T-F else do you people want???????

Would you rather be in a scenario where we over-reacted and nothing happened, or under-reacted and something truly catastrophic happened? Regarding the environment, always error with caution verses apathy. Until we have a half dozen other planets to evacuate to should we break one, then always do more verses less in regards to safeguard the ecosystem.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Today is the 20th 11:00am central time I hope I signed in time to have my signature count, thank you for bringing this here. In 1999-2000 I lived in monterey california. I lived 46 steps to the beach. at night I could see the shrimp and squid boats with there very bright lights ( bright lights help surfice these ocean species) then net them. It psses me off to no end. I also would watch during salmon season the salmon being netted also. just because they are stopping the bottom drag method in no means have they given up, ( they being the money hungry mongers and elites) If you g out on a party boat you will pass byu a fish boat or two out in the open seas snarring them up faster then they can breed. America has slowed it pace a little in its ravishing the oceans species, but America is still takign mroe then is sustainable to keep the species growing in numbers. Our salmon is approaching the indangered species levels, it is nto there yet but with that past 10 years documentation, if we keep up the rate of taking them out of the oceans within 10 years they will be on the endangered list.
Sorry for the blah blah, but for msyelf this is a touchy subject...peace

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

If you are going to stand around and wait for the government to do something about it, YOU WILL FAIL, I PROMISE. The one and only thing that can stop bottom-trawling is by ethical shopping practices. This means that you refuse to buy bottom-trawled fish. Either YOU start an organisation that does exactly that, because I'm assuming that does not exist, or YOU WILL FAIL.

Its time to stop putting your bets on stupid useless governments who represent large corporations more than anything else. Start representing *your self* and do something, NOW.

The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of consumers are interested in buying ethically procured food. And the fact of the matter is the US Government and the UN, or whatever mafia thug organization you like, are not going to help you out. Get it?
edit on 20-9-2011 by seachange because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join