It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Place In The Universe...Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I stumbled across this while doing some research and I just had to share it. I got chills watching it. This video is only showing the KNOWN universe....how much else is really out there? The thought which kept occurring to me while watching was....what if the known universe is part of something infinitely larger, and the known universe, as we know it to be, and to us is is so amazingly HUGE.....is only a speck in the larger "unknown" ....and so on and so on.... I love the presentation of this video. If you can, click the youtube link and watch in full screen. It's mesmerizing!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I gave you a Star and Flagged the post. This link is pure emotion for the eyes in my opinions. I had a chill when looking at it and seeing the depiction of our ''known'' universe which is barely a sand grain on a beach.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Thanks....that was my reaction also....It is something to contemplate for sure!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Cool, I can see my home from there.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

Even though it's so microscopic!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Even though it's so microscopic!

I have eyes of an eagle

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I'm sure you do.....
I have the eyes of a hawk.....

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I do not understand how there can be something beyond infinity? Isn't the universe infinite? Just because we have what we call the "known universe" does not make the universe any less infinite, correct? I don't even know if that makes sense. When I try to comprehend infinity my head starts to hurt.

Edit- Great video, BTW. It made me wonder how we know that the "big bang" was 13.5B years ago? Just because that is as far as our current technology can see? What if what they think is the risidual light from the BB (as described in the video) is really just some phenomena and there are actually galaxies beyond that? Even if we can see to the very first galaxies that were created, it still doesn't change the fact that beyond that is just space, correct?
edit on 19-9-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

way cool vid, thanks for that.

but they forgot the moon!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Good points....they are just showing what we have been able to "SEE"....so far....there is so much we haven't seen. That's the point they were making I think. I know what you mean...if you think on it too long you'll get a headache!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

They just showed the orbit of the moon...that little circle.

new topics

top topics

join