It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas straw poll canceled !!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Source

Washington times article

I couldnt believe this when I first saw it!!

The reasoning that is said for the cancelation is "lack of interest" from the canidates. To me, that makes absolutly no sense at all.

First off, the Straw poll would be held in the state with 2nd largest number of electoral votes, second only to California. So just with that fact alone, there should be straw poll held in Texas.

Secondly, Texas is the state to which 2 of the "actual" front runners hail from.

And lastly, with Perry being a suprise late comer and the huge head of steam that Dr.Paul has, it would only make sense for them to go head to head (sote of speak) in there home states.

This whole story stinks to high heaven. It makes no logical sense to me.

The only sense, if any, it makes has strong NWO undertones.
If you dont allow a Texas straw poll, then they wont have to worry about people questioning Perry's legitimacy when Dr. Paul whoops his RINO butt in the poll.

So what are your thought on this development?

Oh and on a side note:
Ron was in Freeport, Tx yesterday giving interviews and a friend of mine was lucky enough to get a press pass for the event. My friend asked Dr. Paul what Rick Perry was saying to him during those pictures that were taken during the commercial break when Perry had his finger in Ron's face.

The answer is very anticlimatic I'm sorry. Dr.Paul said that it was actually just normal chit chat, its just that when Rick talks to someone he can come off as pretty stern and aggresive. So......mystery solved, unless Ron was just saying that to be politicaly correct (pun intended)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Already posted, www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Nonetheless, another victory for Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Paul beating Perry in his home state would be a disaster for the GOP (who have no intention of backing Paul).

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

So what are your thought on this development?

Sniff sniff, smells like a conspiracy to me, but for what reasons(s)? More R.Paul blackout?
Will be interesting to see the development of the story.

It would not be the first time a straw poll was cancelled by establishment Republicans in order to neutralize a winning platform for Ron Paul’s campaign. The 2007 San Francisco straw poll was cancelled due to there being “too many Ron Paul supporters”. The Colorado straw poll was also cancelled that year, with the Adams County GOP citing the exact same reason.

Hmmm...

Peace,
spec

edit on 19-9-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Oh, You KNOW They don't want ANY more attention drawn to Ron.

I agree. Their excuse is fishy-smelling.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sorry, right topic, wrong thread.
edit on 19-9-2011 by FallenWun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Already posted, www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS really needs to work on a better search function because I typed in my exact thread title and the only things that came up were a thread from 2007 and the california straw poll. ugh

Anyway well, I feel that my thread has some more meat to it, than the other thread. Plus at the bottem of my thread I explain what happened during the commercial break when those Perry vs Paul pictures were taken.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's definitely a head-scratcher... but keep in mind, it got cancelled in June (article from June 16th).. and Perry didn't jump into the race until, what, mid-August?

Then again, maybe the same people that knew he would indeed jump into the race were the ones who pushed to scrap the poll

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The 2007 San Francisco straw poll was cancelled due to there being “too many Ron Paul supporters”. The Colorado straw poll was also cancelled that year, with the Adams County GOP citing the exact same reason.

How many is TOO many?
I didnt see any polls being canceled in 2007 due to Obama supporters, and I sure the MSM sheeple had WAY more people than Dr.Paul did. Its all so frustrating. Its like you wana slap these people in the face that want to vote for Perry (my father being one of them). I swear he is Faux News hypnotised and there is NO breaking the spell. Just makes me sick.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So, Ron Paul won by default?
2nd

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

No interest? No interest to who? The Republican party is running scared and know that their plastic candidate whoever it is will lose against Ron Paul. They have made their bed and they certainly don't want to lie in it. The facts are coming out and showing that there is no legitimate political party in the US. Both of the so called political parties are owned by the same globalists. Has anyone thought of Cheney who supposedly is a Republican telling the Democrats to run Hillary because Obama has no back bone at least according to Cheney. All of a sudden Hillary comes out according to a Poll that she is the best liked political (puppet). This show send a red flag if nothing else has that the same people are running all of it. With Cheney at the helm.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

The neocons never lost the election with Obama. They are still firmly in control and no matter what the progressives, GOP/TPM do; they will remain in power till it all comes crashing down with WWlll and the Armageddon that it will usher in.

edit on 19-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Straw Polls are a meaningless waste of time, particularly when fans of candidates "rally the troops" and go spam the poll, which is exactly what happens. The campaign breathlessly announces a new poll and admonishes the fan base to "go make your voice heard." A scurrying of hooves ensues as one after another starry-eyed fan punches the button for their Savior, Ron Paul. Hey, it's not just Ron Paul. Every time there is a "gun" poll of any sort, the NRA does exactly the same thing. An email goes out and within minutes every gun nut in the country rushes over to assert their second amendment rights. (I'm an NRA member and gun nut, so save your breath.)

The only amazing thing about any of these polls is that those who participate in them actually believe them or that no one else in the world realizes the entire operation is completely bogus from start to finish. Now I've heard objections to the point that there's nothing keeping the fans of other candidates from doing the same thing. That is theoretically true. If Ron Paul's supporters want to run around looking like donkeys, there's nothing preventing the fans of some other candidate also running around looking like donkeys, except insofar as they are grown-ups and don't normally act like obnoxious twits.

Ron Paul supporters have evidently learned NOTHING since the last campaign three years ago. Their campaign strategy seems to be exactly the same. It certainly has not grown in sophistication. They appear to believe that being loud makes you right and that the louder they yell the more people will be converted to supporters. They do not appear to understand how many people they alienate with their tactics.

What the Ron Paul campaign needs is adult supervision. Without it, the same thing that happened last time will happen this time; and this IS the last time.
edit on 9/19/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
the GOP establishment is just trying to protect both of their "chosen ones." from a humiliating defeat.Everyone knows the GOP candidates are all RINOS (Republicans In Name Only) in one form or another they are fascists plain and simple just like Obama and the Democrats.Ron Paul is the only one in the entire field giving us a legit choice.Other than fascist red and fascist blue.

new topics

top topics

join