It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gamers Unlock Protein Mystery That Baffled AIDS Researchers For Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It'd a good thing the PS3 supports KB+M then, eh?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRedfield
reply to post by SLAYER69

It'd a good thing the PS3 supports KB+M then, eh?

For only a few games, for the most part ps3 gamers are forced to keep to their inferior control pads with incredibly uncomfortable triggers, I have no idea why Sony decided to change the triggers.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Game nerds LOL. I knew this site was running rampant with 14 year old video gamers!!! You cant tell by the posts how they know SO much about politics and how the world works LOL.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Just remembered, I first covered this story back in 2004 - here on ATS.

ATS 2004: How SETI Might Save the World - and You Can Help - about using SETI's approach to set up a World Community Grid. "The first research will be into Human Proteome Folding, an effort to identify the structure of pathogenic proteins. There will be three to five research projects a year… "

ATS 2004: Bush put a gag order on scientists, denying them the right to talk about prions and prion diseases, and blocked US scientists from attending the 2004 International AIDS conference in Bangkok.

The new policy prevented key US scientists from attending the 2004 International AIDS conference in Bangkok. Scheduled US speakers were forced to cancel their presentations.

"The US Government came under scathing attack from senior members of the medical establishment for blocking scientists from attending the International AIDS conference that opened in Bangkok at the weekend."

US bans scientists from AIDS event

"The absence of American researchers at the International AIDS Conference here this week has left many pondering why the decision was made to limit US attendance, and by whom. ...It came from above [Secretary of Health and Human Services] Tommy Thompson," said one US researcher who was told not to present her paper and had to find funding from other sources to attend. Although her work was cofunded by her university, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) component meant she was forbidden to present or talk to the media, she told The Scientist. "So I'm not going to give you my name." "

Key US scientists missing from the increasingly political International AIDS Conference

The political difficulty with HIV-AIDS is that the 'virus' is most likely a mutated prion-virus hybrid, related to Mad Cow.

....Glad to see it all worked out. Finally.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by steveknows

Bull.

That is the most rubbish answer ever. Maybe it is bull maybe it is not. It would be good if you said why is it bull.. Or is that just your bull opinion....
Back on topic its great to see gamers making a useful contribution to live..

The statement was so ridiculous it didn't warrant the energy of a more constructive response. "
the us government has known the cure for aids since aids begun " As if they really had a cure! Where was the proof backing up the claim? Or was that just he's opinion?

Also why didn't you repost the post I was responding to rather than make it look like it was in reponse to the thread? You must be a truther going on the way you tried to make it look.

Feel better now that you achieved your self appointed police position on ATS? Or is this response to short for you?

edit on 22-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by soficrow

the us government has known the cure for aids
since aids begun

forgot to mention this has already been posted.
edit on 19-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)
The US government knew the cure because they helped to create it in the first place end 70s with the help of a Polish emigrant.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by foxboertjie

I'd say industry created the situation that created AIDS - which doesn't mean corporations and governments haven't created bio-agents purposefully. Just that the "agents" are loose in the world, and the whole situation is way out of control.

Check out this thread and comment?

AIDS, Alzheimer's, Cancer - and Mad Cow Prions. What's the Story?

edit on 8/10/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join