It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Psychopath, does that make me a bad person?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I'm a Marine, and I think it provides direction and focus. I've been to Iraq and Afghanistan and I don't see where loyalty in the face of death should be an issue. I mean unless someone is completely useless like Bergdahl, (and it's not hard to spot them, and we keep them out of position to get others hurt for the most part) mission accomplishment is the only option. You're going to do what you have to do.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I got a question. You're supposed more objective view than people with deep emotions. What's your worldview? I figure we're all predators, homo-sapiens, some more aware than others. Guess that would be you. More pertaining to the situation in the US. How many psychopaths do you figure are high ranked running the system in Washington? My wonder was if they were simply incompetent, or all-in for the chaos cuz they psycho. Lately the two have blended in a bit in my thoughts, thinking a layer of incompetence and more psycho than average, but basically blinded by their position, trying to keep it no matter the consequences.

Do you think we're gonna get out of this mess without a watchitburn, or should I not listen to you cause you're likely to manipulate my perception towards an outcome you'd like, or is this a meaningless conversation and I'm wasting my time? Only person I knew who was psycho made my head spin, cause no matter what happened they'd waltz on and always find an angle to twist it back on you.

What's your view on karma? After encountering this beast I came to think of it more having to do with the ability to form a conscience, where as those who don't have one won't have karma effect them unless the group outed them and then only until they found a new ground to roam.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Did you self diagnose yourself as psychopathic? Not that its makes much difference as

en.wikipedia.org...

Although no psychiatric or psychological organization has sanctioned a diagnosis titled "psychopathy", assessments of psychopathic characteristics are widely used in criminal justice settings in some nations

Psychopathy has often been considered untreatable. Harris and Rice's Handbook of Psychopathy says that there is little evidence of a cure or effective treatment for psychopathy; no medications can instill empathy, and psychopaths who undergo traditional talk therapy might become more adept at manipulating others and more likely to commit crime

ARe you lying to us now?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

He's repeatedly stated in this thread to be in the military diagnosed by DOD psych. You're like the 10+ person to ask if he self diagnosed. Why is it so difficult for people to accept that someone can seem fairly normal online and be totally psycho?

ASPD is likely what he was diagnosed, but people refer to it commonly as psychopathy or sociopathy. It's all just semantics as nobody agrees exactly on the distinctions between the three. Typically most people say sociopathy more hot headed and environmentally caused, whereas psychopathy cold hearted born with the wiring.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ringdingdong

We're on an anonymous internet forum, so I don't see what there would be to gain from manipulating other anonymous people here. Internet points?

I don't really go out of my way to manipulate people, I mean it's not like I'm sitting here plotting out some grand diabolical scheme or something. Or at least I don't think I am. I don't care about people, I largely have no use for people other than sex. I can go whole days without having contact with another human being and be perfectly content.

As far as the politicians go. I despise all of them because they're all corrupt scumbags. Now I don't have a problem with corruption itself. Like big corporation CEO's, it's their job to make their company as profitable and efficient as they can. So they do. I can't fault them for that.

But if you run for an elected position, get elected and swear an oath to do whats in the best interest of the people who elected you. Then that's what you should do.
Like I'm in the military, if the SHTF I would be up on my roof picking off looters and rioters because it would be fun and I could probably get away with it. But if I was ordered as a serviceman to shoot at Americans in a Martial Law situation, I would tell them to pound sand, because that is contrary to the terms of my oath of service. If that makes any sense.

I have no intention of helping anyone through the mess this country is in other than myself. If someone is helped through some action of mine it would be purely incidental.

Karma is a concept invented by people who get screwed over to make themselves feel better.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. I'm interested in why you would stick to the terms of Oath as a military man. Do you internalize the code, as in does it hold meaning to you and do you value it for what it stands for.... or is it more strategic and self-serving, as in the military provides you things you like in life, and it would be too much troubles to go against the code and face the consequences.

Guess what I'm getting at... it seems some psychopaths are incapable of forming their own code without a frame of reference already created. So they latch onto a religion, military, gang code and such. It's easy for them to stick to black and white rules due to their wiring, but I wonder if this is still a strategy of survival, an attempt to blend in and get what they want overall, or if they do in fact find the code to have a ... personal meaning to them. Hmmm, don't know if I can explain that one properly without involving emotions.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

That's a good question.
When I 1st joined the Marines if someone asked why? I would have told them because I get a gun for free and get paid to kill people, plus medical and dental and food and a place to sleep.

But 15 years later, I think the "code" as you called it, starts to become muscle memory. I've heard a saying that "You are what you repeatedly do" And you can only tell the guys that work for you to do the right thing for the right reason so many times before you start drinking your own cool-aid. We are supposed to lead by example also.

Maybe I just want it to mean something. I don't know. But if you have a broad enough perspective, everything becomes irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Maybe I just want it to mean something. I don't know. But if you have a broad enough perspective, everything becomes irrelevant.

Well I see it more that whatever meaning someone finds is personal to them, not objective and intrinsic.

Good thoughts.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

edit on 28-11-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: filosophia

I would argue that if you can use reason you are not really a psychopath, because pychopaths have no feelings,

some symptons of psychopaths...

antisocial behavior, diminished empathy and remorse

Where did you get the idea that they have no sense of time?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

the Military has become a real 'people-person' kind of job with all this peacekeeping and nation building going on. Wouldn't that be a real BAD place for a person with your....unique outlook on life?

"Nation building" Are you being sarcastic or serious? A psychopathic military force fits right in with the current observed behaviour Military
edit on 30-11-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

why do you think you are a bad person

This thread is four years old why did it jump start
edit on 30-11-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Largely, your actions define whether you are "bad" or not, within this society.

Perhaps you would not feel remorse after committing a murder, but it is the murder that is the problem.

It is not hard to understand societal standards and expectations, whether you empathise or agree with them or not.

So, if your actions are decent, you are decent. If your actions are bad, no matter how you feel about them, you are bad. Simple as that.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Narcissism is rampant in this world and you are probably just un-diagnosed .

Once you realize what you are, you can make changes yourself.

It is really quite simple, just ask yourself before you do something you think someone else may not like, if you would like someone to do the same to you.

If you wouldn't like someone to do it to you, you simply don't do that to somebody else.

The first step toward solving a problem is to admit there is one at all.

Quit drinking, it's a crutch and doesn't help in the end.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Yea, but that's only a problem for people with empathy.

Psychopaths don't have that problem.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
If aliens attacked earth and were by all measures a much superior race AND most people thought the humans were going to lose, but fought anyway because that's what humans do...

Do you:
1) Drop your weapon and become his slave, leaving behind other humans to die.
2) Lie to him and try to shoot him so that you can rejoin other people in the fight to survive.

By all measures a much superior race then yes one should take the slave option. This alien species has FTL travel tech. But without being in the moment one can never say for certain. I think a lot of humans would take the shot and a lot of others would aim and not shoot.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Well... From my point of veiw... Alot of people paint you out as "bad" or "evil" but personally I just ignore that and come to my own conclusions/judgements... same as everything else really in that sense...
edit on 13-6-2016 by namenlosAG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Perhaps.. it was the drugs?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Why are you attaching to a label? Is this label self or other defined as in given and accepted or read and self diagnosed.

Do you have sucidial ideation or want to see others suffer without any conscience or remorse for any action you may do... do you lie to yourself in self rationalization? Feel dehumanized and separate from being human like wearing a mask not knowing who you really are as a person?

The reason I ask these things is thats psychopathology.

It is an extreme of what society does to people, in fracturing them with all sorts of confusing belief structures to developing minds. What happens is a person ends up coping with life in survival mode to where they shut down into an animalistic state of being that runs on instinct and accepts the preditor prey cycle and become both victim and abuser with blunted and flat emotions or a huge cloud of them as indistingushable.

Typically such arises from someone that has has severe trauma and is living with PTSD from it.

Of course many people live in made up fantasy ideals and labels of various sorts from hey Im this that or the other in seeking some identity and then play pretend or assume that role and the live drama chosen or thrust upon them as that label is what starts defining their life as they start living out that dramatic role.

Of course severe trauma arises from being around psychopaths themselves even though they may be running around undiagnosed as such.

How someone copes to stress is sometimes those roles themselves because they are accepted and understood, yet they can become an extreme in living or belief depending how much they swallow or live that lie.

So its all about coping... theres healthy and unhealthy ways to cope with stress and suffering. If youre self medicating and it is hurting others around you that love and care about you that have nothing to do with trying to make you be that fake plastic person te want or expect you to be but accept you for who you are... then listen to those people, talk to those people... they know suffering but they respect who you are as an individual beyond all that trauma or suffering that has made you numb or blunted to life, amd theyll care about you enough to let you have time to shed that trauma and poor coping mechanisms.

If your environment is toxic to you forcing you to cope in any way you can to escape... then change that scenery, get away from it as theres no healing to be found in it.

There is a huge difference in self medication and recreation with drugs... self medication is that coping and when coping around stressors it leads to more and more of what youre trying to get away from, in recreation youre away from all that life is good, friends accept you for you and you accept them for them, and you start building a life instead of coping with one.

I hope you consider what Ive said here having come up through this crap myself the absolute hardway, with constant control and abusers yet I was the one made to feel screwed up and crazy... well reject that nonsense that isnt you, thats the downward spiral and those sorts want clones of themselves and just as miserable as they are never had a life so they want to live it through you, or have zero control over themselves in their psychopathology that they try to control everything else not them... because they know they cant, many such people turn to faith and make believe as coping because they are accepted delusions, society has giving a stamp of approval on that but if youre a realist? Then how you cope isnt going to be acceptable because thhe posion you pick to be happy isnt the one people say you can pick to be happy so it becomes prescribed and studied.

Silly thing is the largest argument against self treatment something Freud did btw... self injecting coc aine and self analyzing. He linked or blamed all his issues on being in love with his mother and very anally fixated and everything led to sex. The man was certifible yet thats what most psychology is based on... BS nonsense of that dude, of course some systems he developed have some merit like um talking to someone about your problems but duh right? Thats a given. Of course transpersonal like Jung is a bit more understanding that its all make believe and what make believe has one attached to as a coping mechanism thats causing them issues, of course he had dogmatic make believe too.

Nothing wrong with opinions and belief if one is realistic about them see how they affect not only themselves but others... many stop halfway and only say it helps me and then try to recruit everyone else and hate everything not that or believes the same pretend game of life.

Science also has this fault with studies when corellation does not lead to causation its just agenda not science. Theory of mind is a whole lot of corellation and derp on causation except factors and how someone has learned to cope with those factors... they can be detrimental or beneficial... if they dont help you nor anyone else then its likely not good... but if they do either singular or in large groups that belief is still varied and personal yet under one banner.

You know that yourself saying youre a psychopath but not a psychopath... then made a connection to someone you think is as a please dont attack me not all psychopaths kill... and well youd be right, people will mental illness are more typically to be victimized from all the trauma than victimizer. Of course the labels get scape goated all the time for people running around pretending to be normal...

So hey it is what it is, and I hope this has helped you and others in some manner... sure a lot of people wont like it, because its reality and its the truth of reality as it is found and expressed in the world. Cognitive dissonance means an inability to see any view or perspective other than ones own and not empathize with anyone not sharing that view and even when proof otherwise beyond a shadow of a doubt will still deny it for their make believe bubble... thats called sociopathology though and yeah try growing up with a combo of those being abusers mentally, sexually and physically... its a hurdle that took over 2/3rds of my life to get over.

But hey couldnt be in a better place with myself if I tried... I think you should try to be in a better place with yourself beyond attaching to labels and trying to play the role... self diagnosed maybe? and now self medicating? So youre playing psychiatrist and pharmacist and when that catches up? You wont be Freud youll be seeing what youre playing right now in a self fullfilling drama with real psychiatrists and pharmacists... um dont do that... if you must pick a label? Choose something else and play pretend like most everyone else, or seek out reality as it is beyond all that make believe for reality itself...
edit on 13-6-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
double post...

edit on 13-6-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join