I am a Psychopath, does that make me a bad person?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I seem to be noticing a trend these days, that having some kind of Psychiatric label is like the new black, something to wear with pride as if it's something really cool to show off to your friends about.

Oooo i have Bipolar (god i hate that term)...Oooo i have Schizophrenia...Oooo I'm a Psychopath. Look at me, arn't i amazing and cool.

No you're not, and you probably don't really have a psychiatric illness either. You probably looked up these things on the interent, thought, "Ooo that sounds a bit like me...OMG i need to see a doctor"....Off to the nearest Psychiatrist, running down a list of what you've read on the internet and saying that these things happen to you. He gives you a label and a bunch of drugs you probably don't even need and off you go with a smile on your face.

You see, people who suffer with real psychiatric illnesses don't tend to brag about it, because it's not really something to brag about. It's not fun, it's not clever, it's not amazing. Quite frankly it's soul destroying, chaotic to the sufferer, their loved ones, family and friends.

Now when a real mentally ill person gets slapped with a label, they hate it, don't want it, you know why? Because now they have this label slapped on them, their very being will now forever be defined by that label, by their loved ones, family, friends and doctors. I was going to say colleagues, but that depends on whether you are actually well enough after your illness presents itself to even go back to work for a very long time.
You find youself alienated because all the people you were once close to have no idea how to behave around you anymore.
Your every move, thoughts, words, actions, behaviours are called into question by everyone because they are waiting for you to become ill again.

[/END RANT/]

Now, OP. If you really think you are are Psychopath, good for you. If you think it's cool to have this label, good for you. But i don't believe it for a second.

edit on 20-9-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

I agree with you. A real person with a mental illness will usually not go public....very rarely. The movie (A Beautiful Mind) is a good example I think of a person who lives with mental illness and the struggles they go through.

On page 5 of this thread...(if you care to)...please read what I wrote.

edit on 20-9-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I would guess autism, Aspergers.

OR

If you have come to this conclusion on your own (I do not buy that you were diagnosed as psychopath) based on your own analysis of your emotional-mental state, I have another guess....

You may be detached from your feelings right now. Borderlines go through this occasionally, as it is a relief and can be a relatively stable state, temporarily.

But anyone can go through this, especially if they have been spending lots of time on the computer.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

I can attest to it not being fun truly suffering from mental illness. I have seen such damage done to my family and friends. I've ruined almost every type of relationship I've had with anyone in my life. Luckily I've got a good woman by my side who can tolerate and understand the way I can get. It's true that mental illness labels are tossed around like nothing these days and people seem proud to say they get xanax and other narcotics to treat an illness they truly don't have. Walk a mile in the shoes of someone who truly has psychotic episodes and you'll never want to use those labels for yourself again.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join