It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP calls Obama's tax plan 'class warfare'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

my grandmother raised 12 on her own that was a different time and a very different people.

we are not the people we once were

and another part of that equation is the "i want it all i want it now and i dont care how crowd"

not any one thing will fix whats went wrong but bandaid fixes ie taxation bailing out a failing government and people

will never accomplish anything.

when government can show responsibilty with the monies it already collects then i may jump on board

but come on that aint ever going to happen

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo in my 50 years, I have come to the conclusion that only a revolution can fix this nation, the only problem is that we may end up with a dictator in place, but hell anything just to stop the corruption in this nation.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

if you want to change this country truly that change must come from within every individual

we have become corrupt as a people so its only natural our government has become corrupt.

revolution is nothing but a means to the same ends as what we all decry now.

change=those who do not seek power and control or use them to get what they want.

key word want.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

My wants now is to for my husband to be able to keep his job until we are ready to retire, he does work for the biggest defense contractor in the nation, but even that is in jeopardy with Obama cuts to the defense budget.

Panetta already warned Obama of the dangers of such action but then again my husband is not alone many of his co workers are wondering about the future as he is.

His military pension will never be enough for our cost of living, sad that at our age we have to worry about things like this.

edit on 18-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Star and flag buster I guess calling it taking Bush's free gift to his crony corporatist friends back was taken.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

i honestly dont know what to say dont have the words that can make one bit of difference

that uncertainity is what many millions of americans are feeling right now all i can say if your going to have to make some very real hard choices.

my mother and father sort of went through the same thing not too long ago father became disabled started receiving his pension the sold their house and land and downsized homes to make ends meet and then not too long after that his pension was cut and

then they got rid of their autos and bought older models my mother works even to this day just so that both of them can make ends meet.

both of them are in their early and mid 70s and both are getting their social security and they are having a rough time of it.

edit on 18-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It is sad when the American dream seem to elude us one generation at a time, I fee sorry your parents are having problems, my parents are in the same age range and just holding, my father was lucky enough that his years of experience landed him a reputation that still at his age he is been able to do jobs at request as a consultant, he has his money invested that is enough to cover for the medical bills.

Their home is pay off, and when they bought it back in the days was only 15 thousand dollars now is worth several hundred of thousands, that is their security in case things goes down south.

They are still the lucky ones.

But for us is not that easy.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

agree with that but then agian

nothing worth having has never been easy

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

i honestly dont know what to say dont have the words that can make one bit of difference

that uncertainity is what many millions of americans are feeling right now all i can say if your going to have to make some very real hard choices.

Your also saying that rich Americans should not be in this position. Everybody else yes they must make hard choices like electric or food this month, but not our corporate overlords............ I have yet to see any evidence that tax breaks for the wealthy creates jobs. They should pay there fair share, and right now they are not.

my mother and father sort of went through the same thing not too long ago father became disabled started receiving his pension the sold their house and land and downsized homes to make ends meet and then not too long after that his pension was cut and

then they got rid of their autos and bought older models my mother works even to this day just so that both of them can make ends meet.

both of them are in their early and mid 70s and both are getting their social security and they are having a rough time of it.

So how is the political group you represent on ATS helping your family by catering to the elite?

The benefits your family are receiving are the same entitlements you love to hate so much!!!!

edit on 18-9-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

And that is the beef I have with political parties and those behind the corruption of our political system that wants to keep the working class struggling while they keep to enjoy their profits.

That is why I fight so much and bicker so much, LDragonFire I am so feed up I want to scream.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

is my mother self employed no who pays her?

and for your information i have had this discussion with them many times dont know how many people have a talk with their parents about iras and 401 and other means of support than a government check.

corporate overloads give me a break how about the government overlords who have denied them any cost of living raise for the last 3 years.

are they driving new cars do they have thousands in the bank any amount of taxation of those "corporate overlords" will make their situation worse.

raising taxes on the rich wont do a damn thing for them or anyone else except to line to government pockets.

and its for damn sure that potlical party the democrats havent done a damn thing for them
edit on 19-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

is my mother self employed no who pays her?

and for your information i have had this discussion with them many times dont know how many people have a talk with their parents about iras and 401 and other means of support than a government check.

corporate overloads give me a break how about the government overlords who have denied them any cost of living raise for the last 3 years.

You harp about people and there entitlements and now your really going to complain when there entitlements didn't get a raise.

I feel for your family, how does it feel selling them out?

are they driving new cars do they have thousands in the bank any amount of taxation of those "corporate overlords" will make their situation worse.

If they didn't need to ask for help, you wouldn't have this issue.

raising taxes on the rich wont do a damn thing for them or anyone else except to line to government pockets.

Don't ya think it would be easier to help your family with the cost of living raise if the wealthy paid a fair tax?

and its for damn sure that potlical party the democrats have done a damn thing for them

You wanna bash the Democrats when republicans have been in charge for the majority of time for the last 30 - 40 years.

If it wasn't for the Democrats your parents wouldn't have social security.

edit on 19-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

yeah i do so what people have been sold a bill of goods so the government can take advantage of them

seriously what happens when that government check stops coming that is a very real possibility.

nope ita not indivuals reposonsibliity to plan for themselves its the governments and when the cash runs out no worries just tax the rich and take more money from other people thatn ever goes to what it suppose to do.

they havent asked anyone for anything.

how many times do i have to say it no amount of taxation will do anything for anyone else in this country but make us all poorer the proof is in the pudding.

what? the republicans have been in charge for the last 30 to 40 years?

delusional

if it wasnt for the democrats this country wouldnt be broke and have million of dependents who would perish without a government check.

a lifetime vow of poverty no with no future but the same pay for the rest of their lives regardless of inflation.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
These are taxes...
He is not going to pay off anything with them.
Obama will give money away as he see's fit.
He is lying again, and I can not believe people believe a word he says.

Just goes to show you why we are in this mess in the first place, there will always be gullible people to believe the liars.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Yes that's great every single person in America has to change... if you think that's going to happen, then hop on my unicorn with a fairy and fly over the rainbow!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
At least our ideas are a little more realistic.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

yeah alright stop with the holier than thou posts

half this country doesnt even pay any income tax whatsoever.

finance.yahoo.com...

www.usatoday.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

money.cnn.com...

yes make all those evil rich folk pay taxes and get out of it themselves

and the poster child buffet seem buffet owes back taxes for cheating himself.

meh

keep taking money who employ and loan you money and you will find yourself out of a job

oh wait too late

Why doesn't these people pay taxes? Because they are living below the poverty level. Everyone in this country should pay the same percentage in taxes there no sane reason for one class of people to be entitled tax breaks over the rest.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Very simple really. Tax everyone the same. 10 percent. Regardless if you make 20 thousand or 20 million. Then there is no class warfare.
Quite simple, actually.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Rich people wouldn't be rich had it not been for the generations of tax payers who have created the environment for which it is fertile for the rich to establish their wealth. The taxes payed have defended their nation , built the infrastructure and educated the citizens without such things attaining the same wealth would have been impossible.
Pretty simple really. Time to stop taking advantage of the middle class and put something back into society.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Very simple really. Tax everyone the same. 10 percent. Regardless if you make 20 thousand or 20 million. Then there is no class warfare.
Quite simple, actually.

That's what I've been saying It's says everyone in this country is equal not everyone is equal until tax time. Why can't the GOP understand this?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Why doesn't these people pay taxes? Because they are living below the poverty level. Everyone in this country should pay the same percentage in taxes there no sane reason for one class of people to be entitled tax breaks over the rest.

that's not so!! my husband and myself have never made over the mean income (half of the people make more, half make less) in our lives....we've always ended up paying taxes to the federal gov't. and very seldom found ourselves eligible for any kind of assistance....
even when we were a family of five, living with under 20 thousand in income, we paid taxes...

heck, bush's tax cuts just ended up being one big headache for us since what the lord giveth, he taketh back!! I've had to go and arrange to have extra money taken out of my check, in hopes we don't end up owing a few hundred at the end of this year also!!!
so, welll, if 50% of the people aren't paying taxes, and we are making below the mean income.....
well, I can only guess that there are people making more than the mean income not paying taxes also!!!

the gov't gives back more in the form of deductions than it takes in!!!

edit on 19-9-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join