It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by manna2

. . . it makes sense that . . .

This is where philosophy enters in and the self is overriding the word of God, if you were to put it in those terms, meaning what we have as the legacy of the Apostles of Jesus which has been handed down to us as the history of his life and works and his church.
I doubt seriously that there ever was a Hebrew language which existed in ancient times, before the Babylonian exile. What we have evidence of is a Canaanite dialect that existed up until that time, then afterwards, you have Aramaic which became dominant in the region, with Greek becoming the rival language in the Levant region, which was very Hellenized by the time of Jesus.
For example, you read in Acts where these people were very happy to hear someone speaking Hebrew. Well, if you look into that, what you find out is that what was meant was that they heard someone speaking Aramaic in a Jewish dialect. All you have to do is study Hebrew a bit before you realize there is no body of literature in "biblical" Hebrew, for example like you would use old Greek writings to figure out the meanings of words used in the New Testament. You can not do the same thing with the Old Testament because other than the OT itself, there is no other sources. So I do not believe there ever was an actual Hebrew spoken language as we know it today, used in ancient Canaan, or Palestine. To me, it was Canaanite, then Aramaic of one Assyrian version replaced by a newer Babylonian dialect of Aramaic, competing with the western language of Greek. But no Hebrew other than a specialized language of the "scribes and Pharisees" to where the Pharisees were shocked to hear a Hebrew word ever come out of Jesus' mouth.
edit on 5-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

My bible says don't judge others. Love your neighbor and your enemy. If you condemn anyone to hell you have judged them and have not loved them.
I have to put up with a lot of hate for saying what I do but it seems I have a tolerance for derision which most people do not have. Or enough grounding, or whatever, to be able to sustain a level of equilibrium through adversity, so I have to say the things that others shrink away from saying, which is the plain and ordinary truth, which is the name of Jesus is being run down today just as it was in his own time and people accused him of being a foreigner and felt comfortable in murdering him. The Pharisaical attitude is alive and has come back into power to take up its warfare against the name of Jesus. God will know his own who hold to the name of Jesus in the face of opposition and the hatred of Satan. Satan has been condemned and it is up to us to make the choice between Jesus and Satan and it seems simple enough to me by looking at people who refuse to even type the name, Jesus, on a forum post. This is a very extreme form of demon possession and I plead to all readers to take the words of these people as coming straight out of the mouth of Satan.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So you are admitting that you can not comply with the standards you hold others to.

No, didn't you even read what I said?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

uou are not being hated, you are being rebuked and reproved.
What you are doing is hateful and your stiff neck to everyone is the proof is it not?
Jesus spoke Hebrew, live with it.
www.godward.org...
Scholars came to this conclusion before you were born.
Why does it not make sense that there is a common language for the base of all the different peoples and languages for reference in Him? Thats not philosophy, it's an appeal your senses and a reproof for your transgressions to others.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by manna2

I don't think that much of myself or that I am that important to other people that they would waste their time hating me. I probably should have said that I got some hateful type posts directed at me, or what appeared to be that way.
I know I make some critical posts, so it's not like it is unexpected on my part. Either way the point is that I do not do that as a form of entertainment and it is somewhat painful to me to write things like that. But that is just something I feel compelled to say since other people are apparently content to just ignore it or don't want to be criticized themselves.
I don't feel I am "transgressing towards others" and I feel you are or whoever it is you are imitating in your bold defiance against Jesus and the Bible and your doing so in a way of self justification in order to lead others down your path and to have your demons possess them too.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You see more truth than you realize. You have rejected modern Christianity and you understand the hypocrisy of the church. But I can see that although you feel close to the truth you are still searching. Trust me, stop searching and just have a mustard seed of faith. Believe that God preserved everything you needed to know in the bible. Don’t worry about the translation because God is bigger than man and he has preserved the Good News.

Have the faith to believe these few things.

1. Every word in the bible is true.
2. Genesis is exactly how the world came to be. Created and less than 6000 years old.
3. Jesus did not just forgive your sin but made a way to free you from sin.
4. God can do anything, free you from sin, give you the ability to heal and perform miracles.
5. Always love your brother and your enemy.

I urge you to read what I have posted lately as God has given me what he promised. You could look back through my posts and see that I once posted forcefully as you do. But now I have learned how to rebuke without force. When you choose to love you will find that others will find it difficult to not see God in you. When they see God in you they have only 2 choices to want that love or deny the truth.

Your light is love, let it shine.

If you have accepted that you are a sinner and are willing to pay any price to get back into God’s grace, this is repentance. If you can 100% eliminate all doubt and fully accept all 5 of the above statements. I believe God will fill you with the knowledge that you are searching for.

Realize that I am not asking that you trust anything I say. I am only asking that you trust the Same Father, Son and Spirit that we both believe in and are willing to fight for. May Gods will be done.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I planned to stay out of this topic simply because "hell" doesn't exist according to your own book...

But when i find an issue with what i read im forced to respond...

SOOOOOOOOOO wrong...

Killing gays/witches/false prophets/unbelievers...etc etc etc... is wrong. There is no arguement there its a fact.

Rape murder and torture are also wrong, and are all found within the pages of said book...

2. Genesis is exactly how the world came to be. Created and less than 6000 years old.

Genesis is flawed... and could not have been written by a divine source...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And belief that the world is less then 6k years old is just foolishness...

You have some learning to do my friend... Wake up

edit on 5-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Manna, why is your God so small? Why do you continue to search for his truth in a language that you don't understand? Don’t you know that the creator of everything including language has insured that the Good News is translated into a language that you understand? This was not a complicated task for the creator. God used man’s hands to write every word of the bible. Don’t you think that he also used mans hands to provide us with a translation that correctly reflects the Good News?

I have watched the 2 of you go at it like children for days now. Don’t you know that God clearly states that his people are not to act this way? You are both following the same Father, Son, and Spirit. How do both of you not see this? How can this type of debate turn any non believer towards the faith? It is precisely this type of division that keeps people from accepting Christ. Did you not read that we are all part of one body, each with different gifts? Accept each other, show love towards one another, then others will see what you have and they will know you are God’s people.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have woken up. But I am afraid that you are so swayed by the ways of man that you do not understand the ways of God. God tells you his ways are foolish to man, so when you call me foolish I will take that as a compliment. To me everything you say proves that what I say is true, because man has rejected it as foolishness. May God's will be done.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by Akragon

I have woken up. But I am afraid that you are so swayed by the ways of man that you do not understand the ways of God. God tells you his ways are foolish to man, so when you call me foolish I will take that as a compliment. To me everything you say proves that what I say is true, because man has rejected it as foolishness. May God's will be done.

Im afraid you're wrong if you believe the bible is entirely correct... Its not only flawed but quite crooked. Perhaps you have "woken up" but you are still blinded by what you've been taught.

Remember what your lord told you... The blind should not lead the blind, for they both will fall into the ditch.

I couldn't care less if you listen to what i say, i can only point in the direction my friend...

The path is narrow, and only a few of those that find it will walk that path.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yeshua is what he would have been called, that is most likely his real name. The name Jesus Christ just developed didnt it. In the first king James there are no J's at all he is called Iesus which sounds more like a Y.

I'm not Christian but perhaps people are trying to get religion back to its roots to at least add some credibility to the whole fiasco.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

Im afraid you're wrong if you believe the bible is entirely correct... Its not only flawed but quite crooked. Perhaps you have "woken up" but you are still blinded by what you've been taught.

Remember what your lord told you... The blind should not lead the blind, for they both will fall into the ditch.

I couldn't care less if you listen to what i say, i can only point in the direction my friend...

It is amazing that you quote from a book that you don't believe in. But yet you quote it as fact.
You see I quote from a book that I do believe in and I quote it as fact. But you call me foolish.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

It is amazing that you quote from a book that you don't believe in. But yet you quote it as fact.
You see I quote from a book that I do believe in and I quote it as fact. But you call me foolish.

I quote from a book that has the words of God within... Notice though, i only quote Jesus from that book...

All else within the book can be tossed as far as spiritual knowledge is concerned... but its still a good read... and im not saying "destroy the bible"...

The rest is a story book. Perhaps based on ancient historical "fact"...maybe not.

I appoligise if the truth hurts... but the fact remains...

you wrote...

Have the faith to believe these few things.

These are the words of a blind man... blinded by what you've been taught... How can one have faith in something that is incorrect... Its illogical to me...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I planned to stay out of this topic simply because "hell" doesn't exist according to your own book...
I made a comment on another thread yesterday about seven layers of Heaven.
This comes from Platonic philosophy and the writer I was citing was making the argument that Paul had adopted the Greek version of cosmology rather than the Old Testament version where there were maybe two levels at the most, if you were to even say there were any levels at all.
There are two words in the Greek that could be used when talking about the heavens, where cosmos is a possibility while the normal one which can also mean just the ordinary sky is, ouranos. I was looking at that just now because I was looking at a word, our, and wondered if it could somehow be related. Our means, not, so I looked at the rest of the word, wondering, not what? The second part of the word was what could very well, at least to me, mean, defiled. So put together, you get, not defiled. That would go along with the other part of my heaven and hell post from yesterday, which is the good goes up and the bad goes down. It seems the Greeks took that in a literal way, to where hell is a metaphor for where the bad things go, which would be the toilet if you take the anos as something that sounds very similar in English.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

There is a Gnostic text that discribes a mans decent into the layers of the afterlife... i believe the number quoted was 7 actually...

I forget which one it was... I'll post it when i remember

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown
Yeshua is what he would have been called, that is most likely his real name. The name Jesus Christ just developed didnt it. In the first king James there are no J's at all he is called Iesus which sounds more like a Y.

I'm not Christian but perhaps people are trying to get religion back to its roots to at least add some credibility to the whole fiasco.
No, it did not "just develop". There were lots of people documented living in Palestine before, during, and after, the time of Christ, named Jesus, who were Jews. So it was not a name invented after the fact, but was in common usage at the time of Christ, as was the Greek language and you should also consider the one and a half million Jews who lived just in Alexandria who were speaking Greek and reading the Old Testament from the Greek Septuagint. Also consider how the Gospel has Jesus living for years in Egypt, which could have meant Alexandria, or somewhere thereabouts.
I don't see the movement towards alternative names for Jesus being a quest for authenticity, but as a way to get people away from the Greek influence such as what you have with Christianity having a Greek Bible in the New Testament, which by the way was written in Greek, not translated into Greek from some other language. So this is why I call this (the movement for changing the name of Jesus) the work of anti-christ because it is a step towards moving Christians away from Christianity, and towards a form of Judaism or some (more likely) form of Noahide religion for the slave class to serve the Jews but never have the full status of Jew, which would be reserved for the "pure of blood".

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Its the Gospel of Mary Magdalene i believe...

reluctant-messenger.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

A tad harsh...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

hmm so what about the person who has a speech impediment or is deaf and speaks differently;
are they going to hell too?

it doesn't matter what you say or how you say it, it is what is in your heart that matters.

edit on 6/12/2011 by Thurisaz because: bother

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

A tad harsh...
The false prophet in Revelation ends up in the lake of fire.
That would be a metaphor for those who teach false doctrine.
My perception of those who habitually use the variant may be skewed by only knowing them on this forum basically, so what impression I get is they are not just users, but evangelists for the use of the anti-name thus putting themselves in the role of a preacher of a theology and so becoming eligible for the designation, false prophet and in turn will be rewarded by a burning fire.
My goal is not to laugh at them and goat over their fate but to point out that they have been deceived by the lies of evil people and they need to awake from the spell and return to the son of God, Jesus, which is the point of beginning.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join