It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is exploding!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+167 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This video makes the best case for media bias I have ever seen.

RON PAUL! RON PAUL! RON PAUL!

edit on 18-9-2011 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Looking forward to checking it out when the link is fixed.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
thats awesome, go ron!

uk backer here

EDIT: must say that the way hes being covered up is so blatent it only helps Rons effort!!!!!
edit on 18-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by annonymous1234

Looking forward to checking it out when the link is fixed.
Should be fixed

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Get busy with the flags people!!!

The more we can promote everything to do with Ron Paul, the more chance he has next year.

FLAGS PLEASE?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ron Paul has no chance.

Campaign is exploding (for the worse as we speak)

Never had more than 7-8% support, and much of his support is unable to vote for him in closed primaries.

Guy is toast.

Are you Ron Paul supporters happy that he is using campaign money to buy straw polls that mean absolutely nothing? He raises a lot of money and wastes it. Did the same thing in the 2008 elections.

Guy is a shoe-in for congressional races, but is in way over his head when it comes to running a Presidential campaign.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Jon Stewart always hits the nail on the head. I watched the episode like two weeks ago and thats when it finally clicked that there is indeed some sort of conspiracy going on in the media in regards to Ron Paul.
I just hadnt noticed cause i don't watch TV, he is quite popular on the internet...so plenty exposure here.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Do you have any proof to back up your opinion?

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Ron Paul has no chance.

Never had more than 7-8% support, and much of his support is unable to vote for him in closed primaries.

Guy is toast.

Are you Ron Paul supporters happy that he is using campaign money to buy straw polls that mean absolutely nothing? He raises a lot of money and wastes it. Did the same thing in the 2008 elections.

Guy is a -in for congressional races, but is in way over his head when it comes to running a Presidential campaign.

Says the guy who voted for Obama.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Do you have any proof to back up your opinion?

I think the fact that he's lost every presidential campaign he's ever been involved in is proof enough. If he could mount a successful presidential campaign, he would be president.

The problem with Ron Paul isn't that he isn't getting enough media attention (god knows he gets a lot of free advertising on ATS alone) it's that people know crazy, and Ron Paul for however sense he actually makes is bat (snip) insane and doesn't really stand a chance in a presidential campaign.

Let's also look at the fact that he's old. He's 76 for crying out loud, shouldn't he be retired by now?

The guy has been in congress for 30+ years, that alone turns me off to him, you can't say he's not a career politician with 30+ years in government.

And the last thing that truly irks me about Ron Paul, is the people that he attracts. You can tell a lot about a person by the company that they keep, and Ron Paul attracts the truly insane and delusional. These people that follow Ron Paul like he's some sort of god or messiah truly are a cult.

If Ron Paul told his followers to douse themselves with gasoline and set themselves on fire, many of his die hard supporters would. They would think it was the greatest thing in the world. I simply can't support a candidate that appeals to the nut wing like Ron Paul does.

The truth is, Ron Paul does get a lot of media attention, but it's well played media attention, he is trying for a viral "poor me" underdog campaign and it's a lie.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

Originally posted by Carseller4
Ron Paul has no chance.

Guy is toast.

Guy is a -in for congressional races, but is in way over his head when it comes to running a Presidential campaign.

Says the guy who voted for Obama.

I have a pretty established history here on ATS, do a little research before you make accusations that make you look foolish.

Deny ignorance newbie.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Ron Paul has the worlds vote
because everyone else is a RETARD

+50 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

You do realize, that if Ron Paul wasn't a threat, guys like yourself wouldn't show up in every single Ron Paul thread trying to prove otherwise?

And if you really have something to say, start a thread for once! Please.. This constant side-swiping at every single Ron Paul thread does nothing but irritate people, and waste people's time, because all you do is drive these same regurgitated arguments in circles. You've been beating the same dead horse so long now, that you've dug a hole in the ground.

Btw this thread, nearly the exact same one, has already been put together a little while back.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
After reading the title of this thread, I thought to myself "no freaking way". So, I did a Google search and, much to my surprise, Ron Paul is exploding.

I know, pics or it didn't happen.....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I think the fact that he's lost every presidential campaign he's ever been involved in is proof enough. If he could mount a successful presidential campaign, he would be president.

The problem with Ron Paul isn't that he isn't getting enough media attention (god knows he gets a lot of free advertising on ATS alone) it's that people know crazy, and Ron Paul for however sense he actually makes is bat (snip) insane and doesn't really stand a chance in a presidential campaign.

Let's also look at the fact that he's old. He's 76 for crying out loud, shouldn't he be retired by now?

The guy has been in congress for 30+ years, that alone turns me off to him, you can't say he's not a career politician with 30+ years in government.

That is one thing that has always bothered me...with all that time in govt, he has not been able to implement one of his 'brilliant' ideas. How can he expect to do it if elected president?

And the last thing that truly irks me about Ron Paul, is the people that he attracts. You can tell a lot about a person by the company that they keep, and Ron Paul attracts the truly insane and delusional. These people that follow Ron Paul like he's some sort of god or messiah truly are a cult.

One pundit said that Ron Paul looked like a cult leader during the last debate. Hmmm...

+34 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I get exhausted by hearing the same arguments against him over... and over... and over again.

"Ron Paul is TOO old!"

"Ron Paul is TOO crazy!"

"Ron Paul buys his votes!"

"Ron Paul wears a tinfoil hat!"

*yawn*

The arguments are lame. How about researching how many Presidents were elected on their 3rd try? Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Grover Cleveland, Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan.

As far as the age argument, how come no other candidates felt up to accepting his recent challenge? 20 mile bike ride in the 107 degree heat. Not one person accepted.

He's crazy? Why? Cuz he actually defends and supports the Constitution? Cuz he doesn't want to send young men and women to fight wars for the bankers? I think the crazy people are those who support more war mongering candidates.

Ron Paul has far more support than he had in both 1988 and 2008. Anyone with even the simple ability to use Google could verify that.

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by HauntWok

That is one thing that has always bothered me...with all that time in govt, he has not been able to implement one of his 'brilliant' ideas. How can he expect to do it if elected president?

As far as the "career politician" statement, he isn't. He is a Statesman. He has been consistent and fought for the cause of Liberty his entire time in office. He isn't scheming off the backs of his constituents.

As for the not getting his brilliant ideas passed - it is very hard to do when he's the ONLY person in Congress who is actually for the people. Does that mean we shouldn't support him? No. On the contrary, we should do it just for the purpose of sending Washington D.C. a message that we're sick of them.

Congressman Justin Amash just officially endorsed Ron Paul yesterday. As more brave men rise up and demand integrity, more "brilliant ideas" will be passed and become the norm. But first, we need a revolution of the People. We have to stand up and demand better leadership.
edit on 18-9-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
ron paul or

edit on 18-9-2011 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

I get exhausted by hearing the same arguments against him over... and over... and over again.

"Ron Paul is TOO old!"

"Ron Paul is TOO crazy!"

"Ron Paul buys his votes!"

"Ron Paul wears a tinfoil hat!"

The only one I'll address is the cost one. In the Iowa straw poll he had the most expensive booth available. Why, in a meaningless poll?

The arguments are lame. How about researching how many Presidents were elected on their 3rd try? Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Grover Cleveland, Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan.

Now that's a lame argument..meaningless.

As far as the age argument, how come no other candidates felt up to accepting his recent challenge? 20 mile bike ride in the 107 degree heat. Not one person accepted.

Common sense?

He's crazy? Why? Cuz he actually defends and supports the Constitution? Cuz he doesn't want to send young men and women to fight wars for the bankers? I think the crazy people are those who support more war mongering candidates.

Because of his open borders policy. Because of his dangerous foreign policy. Because of his crazy drug policy.

Answer this: How many important pieces of legislation has he proposed? How many made it to law?

If you had to name his closest philosophical partner in congress, who would it be? Kucinich, who is a certified loon?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I was going to vote for Ron Paul awhile back ago but by the time voting came up , he dropped out. So, If I go to vote for him in 2012, is he going drop out just before the voting again? Maybe that's why the MSM not bothering to cover him. Can you really rely on the guy to actually finish the election this time? Or, is he going to pull the same stunt like he did the last time?
edit on 18-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

We have a choice: to vote for another corporate ho or to vote for the man who wants to end the fed, which is the source of all our pain. Could he do it? Well now that's a horse of a different color because so many people are still comfortable with their feudal slave status.

Thunderheart - my all time favorite movie.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join