It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Denial Of The Left

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I was looking through a Democrat/Leftwing forum, and I just --cannot-- --believe-- how strongly dug in, their heels are, not all of them, but a good number. "Well, he's better than a Republicon, cuz if they get in again, they'l destroy the world!!!" And our present Maximum Ruler has been a live-and-let-live peacenik? Really? (Scratches head.) And our present Maximum Ruler has been "Progressive"? Really? (Scratches head.) Ya mean like, when right after he bailed the Banks out, and all these middle class people abandoned their foreclosed homes and moved into homeless tent cities? Does anyone remember, as I do, Obama in one of his TV talks then, said, (can't remember the exact words but the jist was)> Let them eat cake! And shut the fluck up, while I do the right thing! It was very psychopathic. I.e., arrogant, defensive, soulless-cold hearted. Without empathy, sympathy, remorse.
I DON'T UNDERSTAND. What are those in denial holding on to, SO desperately with a vice grip? It boggles my sense of reason. About people who herald and tout the "reason" of Atheism, when it comes to religious values?

Unnnnnnnnnfrigginbelievable. (Shakes head.)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Nice rant, but maybe you should stay away from those left wing forums and stick to ATS where you can bash the left till your hearts content.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Nice rant, but maybe you should stay away from those left wing forums and stick to ATS where you can bash the left till your hearts content.

Shut UP! woodwardjnr!!!!!
(danged lefty!)

I kid. Please, just kidding.
I also visit the left-wing forums from time to time. It's like gathering intel before a raid.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Just as I visit ATS for the right wing stuff.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret; there are rank and file democrats just as their are rank and file republicans, i.e. party before all else.

Obama is center right. He's alienated his "base" in an effort to appease the Tea Party libertarians and the republican party. It never occured to him that they had no intention of working with him in the first place, if it did, he never showed it.

There are those that would vote for him simply because of the "D", there are those that will vote for him because the genuinely agree with him, there are those that will vote for him because they genuinely believe him and there are those (myself included) that will vote for him because the front runners in the republican primary are far right lunatics and sell-outs.

I'm a leftist, don't agree with me...I don't expect you to anyway.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

to me the whole thing is laughable.

you get millions of people who all choose their side based on who their parents voted for, and then no matter who you vote for, you get a party that does exactly what the people who paid for their campaign tell them to do.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You have a point, my peeks over there are like intel sniffing, as I attempt to glean -why- some of those people are dug in so strongly, and all I come up with is like, "Hes better than the Bush administration"

Which doesn't make any sense to me. Under George W. Bush, (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) I was not aware of horror stories about TSA Agents feeling up kids and grownups and dying wheelchairbound elderly, and Homeland Security SWAT Teams, raiding people with gardens and raw milk, and taking people's pudgy kids away from them, etc etc etc etc for example(s)....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

im pretty sure every administration since JFK has been 'bush administration'

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Yeah like Bill Clinton's!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
Which doesn't make any sense to me. Under George W. Bush, (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) I was not aware of horror stories about TSA Agents feeling up kids and grownups and dying wheelchairbound elderly, and Homeland Security SWAT Teams, raiding people with gardens and raw milk, and taking people's pudgy kids away from them, etc etc etc etc for example(s)....

These are the reasons he's alienated a large portion of the left. He's continued the authoritarian practices of the previous administration, in some cases made them worse. In a lot of other ways he's still, exponentially, better than anything the republicans have to offer right now.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
With respect, don't you think there's a pot vs. kettle argument going on here?

Right=pres b-o is destroying our country, having children molested, ruining the long term geopolitical position of the US, bancrupting us, etc.

Left= he's not starting illegal wars, he's trying to reform our government, going after... (okay, i haven't personally heard my lefty friends say much good about him now, esp. after the long term damage of our economic situation, both jobs and debt, and libya, and still iraq, afganistan, and gitmo, his healthcare epic fail, ooh and solyndra)... but lets be honest here, for Bush (the creator of the child groping TSA's) there was a pretty impressive list of horrors as well.

Frankly, the real problem here, is that America has been duped into this second civil war, everyone choosing sides, accusing the other of horrible things, and Two parties have completely divided the middle (more rational)80% who still take sides but go completely unrepresented. And whats happened? in thier power grab they've crippled business, racked up some truly incredible debt, allowed our infrastructure to decay, and basically threw our long term success in the toilet and created a nanny state, in the name of holding more power and influence, and in our lust for selfrighteousness we, you and I, were suckered into this taking of sides, struggling to choose between tweedledumb and tweedledumber.

however, there is good news, these people do, have a weakness.
if (hypothetically) everyone in that middle 80% would join a party (republican would be a bit easier) we could vote in new reps at the local level, changing the entire national stage within 5 years. essentially hijacking a party. a few groups collecting campaign funding to support moderate, post partisan candidates, would completely change the republican party. Once that happens, the democratic party would have no choice but to change as well. Thus win-USA. and we all live happily ever after.

Unfortunatley,this won't happen. Its easier to be delusionally self righteous and blame all your problems on others than accept respinsibility for all we haven't done united. so fail-USA... bummer

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Thanks Links, I appreciate your replies. Even though programs such as Social Security and Medicare are 'sacred cows' of mine, I still plan on voting for Ron Paul this next go around, while knowing how 'Tea Party' (true conservatives, -not- Republi cons) people stand in regard to those programs.

Goll, I hope I'm not in "denial". I believe that, when a US Administration operates from an America-first policy (no more foreign meddling and massive "defense" [black ops] expenditure$, for starters,) everything else for the citizens, will fall into place. Not perfectly, I'm sure........but......

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
What I do not see in America is a president who's main purpose is to stop job exportation. Neither the GOP nor the Dems say anything about that, which is the real reason America suffers.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Both republican and democratic parties have their feet dug in and are in denial.
Before calling out the democrats, you should be looking at your own party.

"Well, he's better than a Republicon, cuz if they get in again, they'l destroy the world!!!"

Didn't your Republican party start the illegal Iraq war? Didn't your Republican president spend billions of dollars on this war which had a devastating affect on our economy? Do you remember the savings and loan scandal that had direct ties with the Bush family? Do you remember Enron? Do you remember the trillions of dollars that went missing under the Bush administration? Do you remember all the lies leading up to the Iraq war? What about the continued support of trickle down economics that's been proven time and time again it doesn't work? Didn't your party have a guy named Nixon that resigned because of criminal activity, and than was pardoned by his VP? (Just a few tid bits about "your party").

And our present Maximum Ruler has been "Progressive"? Really? (Scratches head.) Ya mean like, when right after he bailed the Banks out,

Let me jog your memory, your Maximum Ruler George W. Bush was planning on bailing out the banks also. He even held a press conference recommending the bail outs!! He was just lucky that his term ended and Obama ended up doing his dirty work.

and all these middle class people abandoned their foreclosed homes and moved into homeless tent cities?

Since when does the Republican party who supports tax breaks for the rich, corporate welfare, health care for only those who are fortunate to have health care insurance, abolishing minimum wages and workers rights care about the homeless?

Does anyone remember, as I do, Obama in one of his TV talks then, said, (can't remember the exact words but the jist was)> Let them eat cake! And shut the fluck up, while I do the right thing! It was very psychopathic. I.e., arrogant, defensive, soulless-cold hearted. Without empathy, sympathy, remorse

You need to look back at some of Bush's arrogant comments, not to mention past Republican and Democratic comments. Obama is not alone in political arrogance.

people who herald and tout the "reason" of Atheism, when it comes to religious values?

For one thing, not all democrats are atheists, and I'm sure you'll find some republicans who believe in atheism. When a government becomes involved in creating laws based upon a set of religious values, the freedom and rights Republican's tout as being the hallmark of this country, become nothing more than taking away the rights of an individual to choose what they believe in. When Republican's tout they have a monopoly on morality and than get caught with their hands in the cookie jar, it reeks of hypocrisy! Demonizing a party is like painting everyone with a broad brush. In fact, I know a lot of democrats who don't believe in abortion but feel that the decision will have to be accountable to their creator. Our creator did give us free will, I would think he would have for seen individuals coming to grips with these questionable decisions.

Democrats in Denial, look in the mirror.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Party politics are damaging the united states, and have reached such a feverish pitch that fellow americans often hate each other based on what political affiliation they have. Rather than entrench yourselves in party dogma and blindly go along with anyhthing you are told. learn to think for yourselves in an independent manner. The world is not as simple as all that, make imformed choices about things. All I see in the US these days is people slavishly worshiping their chosen celebrity/politician in a cringe worthy manner....
edit on 18-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I am not a Republican, I have never been a Republican, I have never voted republican. I --know-- that the Iraq war was a collosal devastation. Ya know. Just like the invasion of Libya and our occupation of Afghanistan after the freeze-dried Bid Laden was handily rolled out and disposed of.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Obama is center right. He's alienated his "base" in an effort to appease the Tea Party libertarians and the republican party. It never occured to him that they had no intention of working with him in the first place, if it did, he never showed it.

What?? President Obama is NOT center right, he is just slightly right of the extreme left, which pisses progressives off to no end. Still no where close to being even center, let alone center right. That you think he is center right of the political spectrum shows the denial the OP talks about.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

im pretty sure every administration since JFK has been 'bush administration'

Right on with that statement. It's so true, it went right over the OP's head.

It actually started with the Eisenhower Administration when in the 1940's, Prescott Bush advertized in the Los Angeles Times seeking a "malleable" individual to be prepped for politics. Richard Nixon answered the ad. Press got his golfing buddy, Ike, to run for President, with Nixon as his VP and the rest is history. JFK got in the way and was removed.

From his very beginnings, and the continued attempts to establish his past, the current President smells like a CIA-Bush baby to me.

All front, no experience, a dubious past, with skeletons in the closet. Just what TPTB want in a Chief Executive.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by theXammux

Frankly, the real problem here, is that America has been duped into this second civil war, everyone choosing sides, accusing the other of horrible things, and Two parties have completely divided the middle (more rational)80% who still take sides but go completely unrepresented. And whats happened? in thier power grab they've crippled business, racked up some truly incredible debt, allowed our infrastructure to decay, and basically threw our long term success in the toilet and created a nanny state, in the name of holding more power and influence, and in our lust for selfrighteousness we, you and I, were suckered into this taking of sides, struggling to choose between tweedledumb and tweedledumber.

I have to agree and disagree with you.
Yes, Our two-party system has largely divided our middle class to the brink of what could easily devolve into a civil war.
Yes, both sides accuse the other of horrible things; sometimes it is merited, sometimes not.
Yes, the silent majority go more and more unrepresented...

But to say that "they've crippled business"? I cannot agree with that, in fact, to me, I see it as exactly the opposite. "Business" has never been stronger or more politically powerful, except maybe during the Roaring 20s or Gilded Age. How is Business weak when record profits are made in the middle of a recession, quarter after quarter? How is Business weak when the stocks are at the rates that, 30 years ago, would have been unimaginable? How is Business weak when we see man-made catastrophes happen, economic and literal, and the parties responsible, 9 times out of 10, walk away with little more than a slap on the wrist...and of course their multimillion dollar Golden Parachutes, while the rest of us have to be crushed below THEIR mistakes and oversights?

I do not see Business as being crippled...I see Business as being in complete control.

And as for the "Nanny State" that is so horrible, again, I must disagree. Having lived abroad, within the "Nanny State" of England...what we have in place is tacit, at best...this is not even to go into the fact that studies have shown those "Nanny States" to typically be statistically healthier, happier and better educated, with lower crime rates. In my mind, personally, that's not a bad trade-off if that correlation actually exists.

There is the "freedom" argument against such thoughts...but I don't see many Europeans complaining about not being free...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

All front, no experience, a dubious past, with skeletons in the closet. Just what TPTB want in a Chief Executive.

This is why everyone no matter what Party they affiliated with, --must-- fight as hard as they can, as if your lives and progenys', are on the line, which they are. Fight to get a candidate in, who is totally NOT that above-description. I have someone precisely in mind, and if anyone read my -other- posts -too-, you can see who that precise someone IS!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Does anyone remember, as I do, Obama in one of his TV talks then, said, (can't remember the exact words but the jist was)> Let them eat cake! And shut the fluck up, while I do the right thing!

Really? Do you have some sort of backup for that or are you just pulling things out of your butt to pin on this POTUS?

And yes, if the GOP gain more power they will destroy this country. They will make sure their corporate buddies get all the perks, the bailouts (remember that was actually a GWB thing, Obama did the car company bailouts) don't rewrite history.

See, here's how the two parties work today, the GOP are for giving out corporate welfare. (IE Tax cuts for multinational corps like GE who paid 0 in taxes, how the hell you lower taxes from 0 is beyond me) And Democrats are into general welfare for everyone, and they give huge multinational corporations the contracts to run the welfare. If you ever got food stamps or unemployment you will see that JP Morgan Chase actually manages these accounts and you know they get a nice cut for doing so.

See, with the two big parties, all you are getting is welfare at the taxpayer expense.

As far as Obama being a "peace-nick" those that believe that must not have been paying attention to the debates during the campaign when Obama made a pledge to put MORE troops into Afghanistan. (Yes, the right wing also believes somehow that Obama at some point said he was gonna end both wars, how they got that idea is beyond me because he clearly didn't say that at all)

So, don't be so upset that the left is delusional, the right is just as delusional, when people finally snap out of it, and figure out that both parties suck equally, this country will finally start getting better again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join